Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

MAYDAD LAGU GUBAY MUQDISHOM - INAALILLAAH

Caano, it’s obvious that there's no justification for such savagery! It also comes across as quite alien practice to both the Somali culture and the Islamic teachings.

Lets hope that it merely represents how certain angry mobs reacted to the presence of these Ethiopian forces, and not a conscious policy from an organized entity.

To the gentlemen, Northerner, Dhubad & Kashafa

Firstly, please quit the "your-crying-for-amxaaros" talk, it's

just a pathetic and childish attempt to steer off from the rational topics and cases

that we are discussing in this thread. Since you gentlemen seem unaware of what

these discussions could possibly be, let me clarify that it's revolving about the

current burning of dead bodies (as it appears from the threads name). Now, having made

this clear, I once again encourage you to explain how an islamic jihadist movement that

you obviously support could justify the exercise of such barbaric actions as the burning

of dead bodies? Please answer and discuss this question without retorting with ad hominem attacks

or other semantic gymnastics.

Also I would like to adress to Mr Northerner, who accused me of supporting the killing

of muslims through the support of TFG and their allies. Mr Northerner, I believe that our definition

of genocide against muslims are diametrically different. I don't see a national governmental

entity pacifying it's nation from warmongers, anarchists and regional clan organizations disguised

as an Islamic movement, as "killers of muslims". I suppose that you are referring to the death of

ICU soldiers and their remnants. There's not much to say on the case of the civilians that were killed in the crossfire or in the counter-attacks

from the government and their allies either. The causes of their death was mainly that they were letting the insurgents fire

mortars from their homes or use them as a base, something that caused the uprising of "Madanis". I would also like to ask

you Mr Northerner, if you've heard of or seen any jirdil of the captured ICU soldiers particularly on behalf of the Ethio-troops?

Let's look at what Sheikh Ahmed Mohamed Madobe said about this treatment after he was captured ny amxaaros wounded in the fields after

the US air strikes: "Madobe said he was treated well by his Ethiopian captors, and called on Somalis to work with the government."

source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L06594617.htm

So it seems as even the christian amxaaros can treat wounded muslim soldiers better in war than the muslim mujahids

can treat wounded somali muslims, never less their dead bodies. Getting all "islamic" will highlighten my shortcomings you say?

Hypocrisy at it's finest I must reply.

Mr Dhubad, had the most interesting post so far although it was the shortest one. He simply believes that these groups are

"freedom fighters" who are trying to uphold freedom from the establishment of the basis for a future sound national government

that coming generations could work on to improve. Truly fascinating isn't it; fighting for perpetual anarchy. Only in Somalia ppl,

these mindless statements are phrased only in Somalia.

To Mr Kashafa[b/], there's not much to say except the previous request to focus more on the topics of the thread and

less on inventing supposedly ridiculing nicknames. Also, I oppose your statement that it was the Shacab that did the burning

part as it was more likely, as the news reported, that it was the Shabaab. The rest of your post was mostly unsubstantial

mockings so I'll pass on it till you can debate more intellectually. Right now you just appear challenged like the groups

you support as saddening as that might be.

In conclusion, I would like to advise the mentioned gentlemen to skip the semantic gymnastics, the logical fallacies,

and the overuse of ad hominem attacks and instead try to defend your assertions and statements with well-founded premises. And

don't be shy of answering the questions that arise when ppl get suspicious of the nature of your soldiers and freedom

fighters when their veils fall off. There is a somali saying that goes: Kaadi badane waa loo gogol badiyaa. I just hope

that you guys don't keep pissing till the earth is empty on mattresses before coming to your full senses.

They tried to make a replica on the -93 "drag-body-around-the-street" stunt. This time though their gonna get hit bad for their actions. In both worlds I may say. Lets look at the thrilling continuation of these battles.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Caano
, it’s obvious that there's no justification for such savagery! It also comes across as quite alien practice to both the Somali culture and the Islamic teachings.

Lets hope that it merely represents how certain angry mobs reacted to the presence of these Ethiopian forces, and not a conscious policy from an organized entity.

Adeer,the only times corpses were drawn in MOG was whenever foreign troops are involved.Americans & Tigre Askaris in this case.

Cara.   

I don't know which is worse:

1. The act itself

2. Those who shrug it off or promise more of the same

3. Or those who smugly bounce on it as typical of Mogadishu "savages"

Cara, all those three categories are bad and despicable. But I think those who belong them are minority in these boards. Or so I like to think.

Faarax, I think you are right.

Angry people do weird things though and if this war continues with this velocity burning dead bodies, I am afraid, may become a measure of success. Remember how some folks (who are ironically humbled today as the painful truth rudely intruded) linked images of perishing icu fighters, in a very fragile yet animate way, to make a political point! And then you have this link today.

That’s what the world is coming to adeer.

Originally posted by Cara:

I don't know which is worse:

1. The act itself

2. Those who shrug it off or promise more of the same

3. Or those who smugly bounce on it as typical of Mogadishu "savages"

This only happened twice,both cases involved foreign troops. Thats not typical,by all means,NO?

In anycase,there is no point in scaling this; The Act is horrible & those who shrug it of are equally horrible. Unfortunatly it is a reality on the ground. We are merely a good 10K miles away from it.

Fabregas   

When a Hindu person dies they cremate and burn their dead.These acts are completely and unislamic and also against the norms of any civilized human culture.There is no excuse or justification, for what took place today. They had already punished those people already, by riddling their bodies with bullets.You cannot do any further harm to a dead person.Burning, dragging and beating dead bodies is totally unislamic. And i hope the ulema and clan elders in muqdisho warn against such actions. Even in times of war and uncertainity like know!

It is the capacity to dehumanise which leads to such a heinous act and its acceptance. There is really little difference between those who actually burn and drag and the those that trivialise it, since they have already reasoned with their conscience that this is acceptable.

Therefore before we go shooting off at Muqdisho which is a million miles away for most us here, please lets first take a close look at how we conduct ourselves in these forums, the action we take and labels we freely chuck at each other.

Is this type of behaviour new to Somali's?

Is it the Ethiopians we blame for such acts?

Nonsence we have all heard about the horrors of the civil war, people being killed by having nails hammered through their skulls.

Or mass killings and rapes of specefic clans, when ever they lose. Worse acts have happened in Somalia during the 1990s in Mogadishu, Kismayu and many other locations.

Thus lets not hide behind words, those who sent children to the front are capable of anything.

Nonsence we have all heard about the horrors of the civil war, people being killed by having nails hammered through their skulls.

Or mass killings and rapes of specefic clans, when ever they lose. Worse acts have happened in Somalia during the 1990s in Mogadishu, Kismayu and many other locations.

Thus lets not hide behind words, those who sent children to the front are capable of anything.