Sign in to follow this  
Abdulladiif Al-Fiqih

Al-Jazeera Video-ONLF

Paragon   

Nonsense. This supposed show of 'sincere' concern and support for the liberation of our tyrannized brethren, while simply using a 'name' to nullify the efforts of freedom fighters on the ground, is utter rubbish! I doubt the sincerity of some of those who maliciously malign the good name of the ONLF, while open-heartedly welcoming the tyranny against which the ONLF fights, into Somalia proper. I mean come on folks, as Abdiladiif has already said, ' qaylidu orgiga ka weyn' waad nagu khaldeysaane! '

PS: Koora-Tuunshe; what say you if I were to contest the term 'Xero-W' on Sanaag and deny them their right to self-determination, apparently because that above term and Maakhir too are the names of clan enclaves? Adeer, dhul Soomaali waa dhul Soomaali regardless of what other name it's called. Dhibaatada dadka haysata maad aragtid marka hore intaadan macaga ku sanifin? Cajaaib.

Abtigiis, you have my support. However, Years and years of division and unprecedented suffering must inspire a change of direction and strategy.

Northerners' advice and alike would only prolong the agony of this segment of Somalis. I am sure it's exclusively targeted by Ethiopian army with the help of other collaborating clans in the region.

One more thing I would add to my earlier set of advices is to build grass-roots programs.

Since the O forms majority, undertaking in social enterprises such as public services like Hamas would win the heart of the people and have a long-term and positive impact on all Somalis in the region, fostering a great sense of awareness and mutual cooperation for a common interest .

Understand that it is the best interest of the current regime of Ethiopia to plant the seeds of discord and division and the name itself is one of the seeds of division. It is disingenuous of some of us, if not complete dishonesty, to make it desirable the course of the status quo.

Isseh, Walaahi I am very sincere in my comments. I have no ill-will for my people.

Waxaan rajeynayaa Soomaaloo is raacdo

Waxaan rajaynayaa Riyadeedoo rumowdo

Waxaan rajeynayaa nabad iyo raaxo.

Haneefah   

I hate youtube sometimes. It's not allowing me to view the part from today. :mad:

Ladeef, do you have the direct aljazeera link? Be kind enough to post it InshaAllah.

Simple letters ayaa lagu badalay miyaa sheekada. :D

"B" "F" "K" "S" or "O"???

Naga kale yareeya magaca qabiilka, baliis. You can call that region Soomaali Galbeed, a neutral name. It is simple and adheres the site's policy of not allowing explicit qabiil names. That rule does still exist, if some of you forgot. Same with using letters that stand qabiil names.

Yes, it is an innocent term and Western media use that term, yet if we allow this qabiil name on that region on this site, marka maxaa ka dhihi doonaa dad inta ku jiro haddee isticmaalaan Bari's former colonial name, which was named after a local qabiil in that region? or Jabuuti's?

We will have no answer for it but being hypocrites.

Buuxo   

The ONLF's efforts will only be effective when they gain public support and when all the Somalis in that region band-together. Instead of alienating the other B- Y clans and assuming only they know what’s best .At the end of the day, Somalis whereever they are,qabiil is a major issue , and thus we can not underestimate the impact of a name. Like koora said they should be building support from a grass-roots level. Because many of them are wondering what will happen if they gain independence , how will it be any different?, ama in ey imaaneeyso " Kobtaan ka kac”

Nyabinghi is fighting and will win cuz they are right. they fighting babylon... so dont confuse that with the lil buul-house shyte thats happening in somalia!!

i see welfare is poluting our mind!! lord have mercy.

Abtigiis   

Nepthys,

if i misquoted or misunderstood you, i am terribly sorry. forgive me sister.

Koora-Tuunshe;

Is it a secrect that some people don't mind the region to be called Ethiopia, but can't stand another clan's name? how do you see that, and mind you i am not insisting on that name!

MMA

I respect your opinion,SXB. but don't you think the genuine debate concerning that region particularly on the name will be useless without allowing those who see some labels as representative of more than a clan? yet, i get your point that there is a risk of going into the quaqmire of clan politics once that is allowed.

Ameen   

Originally posted by *BOB:

... how they brainwash their children by telling them that Somalia has been and always will be an Ethiopian land....

WHAT!

An Ethiopian WHAT?

When I think about our situation as Muslims and inparticular, Somalis, I cant stop myself from reflecting over the the similarities we share with Bani Israel during the time of Musa. When Musa stood with his people outside the holy land and Allah had promised to grant the Children of Israel victory if only they would obey the simple command of their messenger, who by the way, asked them to enter into Jerusalam. Musa said to them, “O my people! enter the holy land which Allah has prescribed for you and turn not on your backs for then you will turn back losers” and how did the Children of Israel respond?

They said, “O Musa! surely there is a strong race in it, and we will on no account enter it until they go out from it, so if they go out from it, then surely we will enter”

SubhanAllah, they were cowards and because of their fear of man, Allah punished them, leaving that generation of Bani Israel to wander blindly in the desert for 40 years until all of them had passed away and when they did, a new GENERATION took their place. A generation that was stronger and more obedient to the commands of Allah.

My fear is not Ethiopians, matterfact, they’ll have their day when they turn their backs and flee for their lives and their women will do what the women of Quraish did on the day of Badr but my fear is, our fathers and grandfathers have struggled so hard to unite All Somalis under one banner and if they dont succeed, perhaps Allah will replace them. For the record, yes, we might be from different tribes and if you have some bit of Islamic knowledge, we’ll realize Arabia over 1,400+ years ago, was also divided into the tribal lifestyle. But just like the two pre-Islamic tribal enemies of Medinah, they managed to put aside their differences and unite under the banner of Islam. Our people must follow their path and if we don’t, history will repeat itself and our fathers generation will be replaced. Perhaps by us and if we don’t do our job, Allah will also replace us. I hope you didn’t think you are among the untouchables? Cause, you and I, we’re just another pond in history and Allah stands in no need of us.

Which reminds me, a little while ago, a local university had one of those, “Lets Talk about Somali” events and they had two main speakers debating the situation of our people. One speaker was a prominent Somali figure in the community and the other, an Ethiopian University teacher. Catch the joke, the debate lasted for 30 seconds and not because the event got shut down, NO that didn’t happen, but rather, they agreed that the Ethiopian occupation was vital to the forward progress of Somalia. I almost SNAPPED and jumped out of my seat when I heard such a claim. Than the question and answer session came and I JUMPED out of my seat to be the first to ask a question. So I was handed the mike and I asked the Somalia speaker my quest. “Assalam alaikum, You know! I have the solution to this whole situation” and he smiled (almost a laugh) while giving me one of those, “YOU have the solution? You're joking right?” looks. But I continued, “How do you personally feel about the idea of uniting Somalis under the Islamic faith? Afterall, 99.99% of Somalis are Muslims and we should look towards the similarities we share rather than focusing on our difference” and you wouldn’t believe what he said. He said, “I don’t think Islam is the best answer…” and I walked out of the hall.

May Allah help us (Aameen) but every man has to do his part.

peasant   

^ I beg to differ about the 99.99% figure and one can argue only handful of somalis are muslims despite what great majority of them claim to be. The worst of all are our religious scholars who use the qabil card to settle their differences. I wont go into detail about this but if you are from toronto you probably know where i am coming from.

Ameen   

But thats exactly what Im talking about. Our "religious" scholars, if they dont use the tools Allah has awarded them to either benefit Islam or the Muslim community, there are plenty of pages in Islamic history where scholars have been demoted and replaced by Allah with people who may not have the same level of knowledge but their hearts were pure. And Allah loves those who are pure. But you know, every man and woman needs to look within and after that, we need to sit as a community and figure something out cause time is no longer on our side.

And Allah knows best

Abtigiis   

Rudy;

I feel honoured to be associated with anything that sounds Somalia. Thanks you for calling the region western Somalia. As long as people don't think of it as an appendex of Ethiopia (i hate that name) anything will do for me.

Ameeen & Odayga (Peasant)

I fully understandn your frustration. But hey all societies have passed through upheavals. We will pass it oneday; and some things won't be the same anyway. About Islam, i still reckon, Somali's are the best muslims still (based on what i have witnessed of some socities we thought more religious than us). Don't be pessimistic. Pray for your oppressed brothers.