Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Hargeysa Airport on the brink for closure

Rahima   

Bari_nomad,

Walaal, i too agree with our sister Africa (once more), you are not one of the people i was referring to. If you read my points carefully you would of have noticed that often i used the term "some" which i believe clarifies my point of view.

As for these people contradicting themselves, although i did not elaborate let me just give you one example. They often express and cry out that Riyaale and Cabdiqaasim are warlords yet they try to justify Cabdulaahi Yusuf to us? You tell me walaal, is that not a clear contradiction? Ina Yusuf is probably worse than the two combined (that’s assuming there is anything wrong with the other two).

As for Samurai, just because we expressed our views in this particular thread it does not mean we do not intend it for others also. Wether these people are from Puntland, Somaliland, Xamar or Kismaayo, the same can be said for them all.

Anyway I leave this topic here, just do us all a favour and stop contributing to the sickness of our people. Walaahi we have had enough, let us just be brothers and want the best for one another, maybe then we might achieve peace and be able to return to our sweet land.

w/salaam.

One thing if any I have no tolerance for is when one (ms African in this case) references postings, takes it out of its original context to serve one’s baleful purpose, yet manages to circumvent its primary intent and present the by-product as the original objective.

Interestingly, my annotation of the original posting began with “ This young man not only understands his responsibilities quite well, needs of his constituencies, but also what is being required in terms of public service and how to work with whatever mere resources at his disposal ” And ended with “ May we sire many more Somalis sons and daughters like him! ” The discussion digressed unfortunately due to the dynamics of the overlapping dialogue in due process under different threads between die-hard secessionists vs pro-federalist. And by nature I would be damned if I am to let any wannabe secessionist or colonially inclined fundamentalist trot all over the convalescing souls of the Somali character to benefit short-sighted local idiosyncrasies. I wonder if either of you is acquainted with any of the names referenced in the post?

But that does not matter now really, does it? Especially, now that you are so conveniently playing a reversed form of the good old guilt-trip card. A case of the African-Americans and their usage of the race card so conveniently even when on the wrong.

********EDITED******

More importantly, if there is to be a choice of whether I be the one to get on the wrong side of the Somali princesses, and a walk through the door, the latter is by far my optimum option.

Have fun with it. And best of luck! See you ladies in the after life.

[ October 04, 2003, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

I agree with none of you on this one, but pointing out to the hypocrisy of the Secessionist group is not and should not be taken to be anti Somaliland.

Just like those who hate warlords are not anti south or Mogadishu, however this circular argument has been raging because a few individuals want to defend the actions of Somaliland leaders no matter what.

If we question secessionist motives and the break up of Somalia we are “haters of progress” and just a bunch of “jealous southerners”

I for one do not hate my people in Somaliland even though I do not agree and cannot agree with the break up of the republic, however this does not mean I will insult the region or its people but I will as my duty reflect my beliefs and opinion regardless what a few might think.

African has been quite amusing with her holier than though attitude towards the debaters of this forum. “ there is something of the night about her” LOL

Another point that many people clearly ignore is that when we post a positive peace about Puntland it is not in support of Abdullahi Yusuf, just like we understand a negative peace about Abdullahi Yusuf is not an insult on Puntland.

If you clearly see the posts they have been political, demistifying Abdiqasin, investigating the TNG or scrutanising the secessionist, never has articles been about the land or the clans that inhabit it.

I have posted allot of articles about the progress of Puntland state and this was to educate the many nomads here who where quite ignorant with regards to more than a 1/3 of their country.

This is an open forum and should stay that way, insults and disrespectful posts will be dealt with by admin but people’s views should not be censored to suit a few egos.

peace

Lixle   

Hey guys,

The thing is, you guys need to focus inwards before you look into other people's problems. Of course, you can say whatever you want about Somaliland, but just know that whatever you say about Somaliland could also be true about Puntland.

Some people awhile ago even raised the question of "Somaliland", they argued that it is not a Somali name. Had they asked themselves about "Puntland" in the first, they would have saved themselved the time to waste hard-drive space on this site with their crap. I tried to ask them let alone the "land" bit which you share with Somaliland, where does the "P" came from? sure it isn't in the Somali alphabet. But I thought, it would be kind silly as them, let them play around till they gonna grow some brain cells.

It is that kind of rabish am talking about. Ask yourselve first, before you accuse somebody else of the same problem. Hard to ask??

BN   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Walaahi we have had enough, let us just be brothers and want the best for one another, maybe then we might achieve peace and be able to return to our sweet land.

Good advice for everyone. Insha'allah.

Originally posted by Mujaahid:

[QB]Of course, you can say whatever you want about Somaliland, but just know that whatever you say about Somaliland could also be true about Puntland.

Yes, corruption seems to be a corner stone of Somali politics. And instead of *reducing* corruption, it is becoming the rule rather than the exception redface.gif

Some people awhile ago even raised the question of "Somaliland", they argued that it is not a Somali name. Had they asked themselves about "Puntland" in the first, they would have saved themselved the time to waste hard-drive space on this site with their ****.

LOL. A bit off topic but very true :D

why do we stick on small points like glue! whats the big fuss here about an airport! dont have bigger problems than a damn airport! so its missed it ok. land the bloody aircrafts at berbera! basta a ponta! solution solved. system is running like a well oil machine. let us talks the real issues and not miniscule stuff!

nuune   

i don't get this,layaab baa iga soo haro markaan akhriyo waxyaalaha qaarkood iyo sida asxaabta qaarkood were deviated from the original topic,why,anyway peace

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

In a nutshell, Hablo – if you wish to turn the political forum into a kitchen table where the latest hair highlighters, nail polishers, trendy leotards, clips from gossip pages, infoMail discussions, and personalities rather than issues are being discussed, you are welcome to it.

Dialogue and discourse in any discipline are an apparatus of discussing issues of concern, and dissecting matters of interest. As gloves are out, amicability if at all attained is an improbable bonus. You obviously do seem to have a rather congenial definition of what it entails, thus it shall, as you wish, be a platform of discussion for the shoes colours, pms and non related subjects.

That's uncalled for, don't you think? I don't recall Rahima or African saying anything to deserve that. Charming.

AYOUB   

Bee the 'gentleman' would talk about anything but the evils of the most corrupt group of individuals he calls 'the dream team'. I don't think this attempt to silence the people who say things he wants swept under the carpet is going to work.

hi guys,

i just wanna ask one question,which is how can we create well-organised united somali goverment?

i think this one question everrybody of us must answer.i am sure some of us favour separation of somaliland or even so-called ogadenia.but that is in my point of view so minority,

i think accusation of one another won't be solution to somali war-torn country proplem,but we rather need well-understanding of the roots of somali problem.is't about separation?or is't triblism?or what?we need to focus on reall issue which is our people are subject of death and our homeland is subject to destruction created and maintained by somali warlords(i do not care wheere they are from)whom we are waiting for solve somali mess?are we waiting the ols generation who most of them responsible of mess and destruction?or we the new generation must wake up and bull up our socks to give hope the somali nation?i think it is the responsiplity of all of us to do the best to raise salvation hand to our people.as one said ROME WAS'T BUILT A NIGHT ,it can take time however NOTHING HAPPENS UNLESS THERE IS DREAM FIRST,my advice let stand together and stand agaist the warlords

hi guys,

i just wanna ask one question,which is how can we create well-organised united somali goverment?

i think this one question everrybody of us must answer.i am sure some of us favour separation of somaliland or even so-called ogadenia.but that is in my point of view so minority,

i think accusation of one another won't be solution to somali war-torn country proplem,but we rather need well-understanding of the roots of somali problem.is't about separation?or is't triblism?or what?we need to focus on reall issue which is our people are subject of death and our homeland is subject to destruction created and maintained by somali warlords(i do not care wheere they are from)whom we are waiting for solve somali mess?are we waiting the ols generation who most of them responsible of mess and destruction?or we the new generation must wake up and bull up our socks to give hope the somali nation?i think it is the responsiplity of all of us to do the best to raise salvation hand to our people.as one said ROME WAS'T BUILT A NIGHT ,it can take time however NOTHING HAPPENS UNLESS THERE IS DREAM FIRST,my advice let stand together and stand agaist the warlords

Xalimo7   

Samurai i don't know what have you been drinking ,but let me tell you this.Hargeisa is a much larger city than I imagined. The economy seems to be doing incredibly well - Not sure what the secret is here. There are tons of cafes, restaurants and designer clothes boutiques. People are pretty casual dressers but seem to like hanging out in upscale very hip surroundings. Which suits me well since the only kind of look I can pull off on this trip seems to be outdoor traveller "chic". And here you are talking about Darkness in Hargeisa are u kidding me, i am going to post very soon about the city you are foulmouthing,and let you be the judge. I have to run but will post some other time.Oh by the way

There are many parks and many hills that reminds me a bit of my history. In fact, I got caught in the downpour in one lovely park full of trees that I have never seen before in my life, even the green landscape looked a little different.

Hey dude see you later.

Rokko   

Waaryaadhahee, waar maa runta layska sheego.

What I don't like is HYPOCRICY. Daamn.

I am gonna say this and I said this before in another post. There are too many bigots who hide behind "patriotism" and "Cabdullahi is a warlord" rhetoric to justify their tribalism against the people of Puntland.

People, Let us not be blinded by "reverse" bigotry na'mean.

Here is an easy test to help ya out.

TEST: If ya can't stand the word "PUNTLAND" or its tribes, you're just another bigot.

Result: there are too many bigots here. Walaahi it is very easy to spot your bias from your posts. You might not know it but it is very abvious na'mean.

word.

Gabbal   

How do you explain changing the headline fron 'averts closure' to 'brink FOR closure' I wonder?

Ayoub those are two different articles bro. One posted by Samurai and another by me. Although I'm fairly late in this "debate" of sorts, I truly don't think Samurai had a hidden agenda for posting this much debated about article. He is simply using his SomaliaOnline given rights to post news article, whether bad or good. He doesn't necessarily have to agree/or not agree with what is written, but he and all other nomads should post to keep us informed of what is going on.. Please let us all post objectively.

thats my 2 cents