Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland is a Reconciliation Model for a New Somalia: Faroole @ Chatham House

Thankful   

I'm telling you, the Washington, Minnesota, Chatham house trips. President Faroole is positioning himself for the Federal presidency. I've heard that's his ultimate goal. It's impressive.

^^^Che, how do you know the authorities know who the trafickers are ?

Also, trafickers and Pirates have been arrested many times. The problem is there is a great deal of money involved and we know the wars on Drugs in the west have never been won because of this fact.

Faroole is doing well, but Puntland new constitution when implemented will change everything

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

I'm telling you, the Washington, Minnesota, Chatham house trips. President Faroole is positioning himself for the Federal presidency. I've heard that's his ultimate goal. It's impressive.

^^Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Blaming Puntland for piracy and human trafficking is trendy I know but it is grossly unfair and wrong. It’s unrealistic to expect PL to succeed overnight where big navies utterly failed. As Somalia’s center fell, security infrastructure and other government organs vanished with it hence the vacuum that breed criminality. To punish Puntland for these activities may be an easy way to score clannish point, but it’s not an argument that would wash with serious people and powers that want to find a remedy for this criminal activity. A political tidbit Faroole understood very well…

Abwaan   

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

loool...so Is-maamulka Gobollada Bari is jaranjaro xukun lagu raadinaayo and he is not intending to do anything but use it as an access for Somali Presidency...?

Soomaaliya waxay noqota dhilo nin walbaa iska damaaciyo. Yeey, has had his time with her. Now, it is the puppet Sheikh. And now, this Faroole is positioning himself to have a go?

Rabbi talo ku filan.

^^^lool. That was not even funny, sheer desperation. If you can do better do instead of complaining. :D

Puntland is moving forward, we have the new parties and that should be wonderful indeed.

peasant   

Dhagax tuur may be you could elaborate more if there is a something wrong with Faroole being a somali president. As far as we know the man governs a peaceful somali territory and wishes to set an example for greater somalia so that peace and prosperity can be shared. He is not an ex military or warlord whose hands were once soaked with blood and he never took part of the civil war either.

He is very educated in worldly affairs and also has very good understanding of the religion as well. In fact, time to time In garowe and sometimes in other parts of puntland , he is known to deliver friday sermons at mosques were he commands good and forbids evil.

In spite of the recent bombings in bosaso and other security problems associated with somali IDPs. He never ordered the expulsion of other somali groups from puntland and nor did he order the closure of the borders against these groups.

What other more criteria would you want to have from a leader? Other than the usual somali somali crap of he is not from my tribe and to heck with him.

Xiinfaniin you're missing the point here as usual, there will be no mini-summit of any sorts you described in here.

Yes the PM who is from Puntland State himself will be among those dignitaries invited who will travel to Puntland State due to the August first festivities of the State, which marks the State's eleventh year of inception.

But that doesn't change Puntland's concern and suspicioun about the Midnimo Qaran Dowlah of the said Sharif in Mogadishu.

^^^

You are right, as a native of Puntland, ina Sharmarke--prime minister or not-- is more than welcome to visit his homeland.

Now as for the comments of some-- alledging that President Faroole is behind the piracy and smuggling of people across the gulf of Aden-- is nothing but hogwash, I say.

Faroole inherited one of the biggest messes virtually any president of Puntland has had to take on before him. President Cade left our military and civil service in shambles, and the economy suffered aswell. The Cade administration broke their promise to the Puntland people by heavily investing the little resources we had in Xamar instead of rightfully investing in Puntland and everybody gave him a pass, because Puntlanders are true patriots and we also all thought, the anarchists in Xamar were tired of the chaos and would reform.<--wishful thinking at its worst :rolleyes:

Faroole has been in office just a few months now, so give the man some time. He aint no miracle worker... despite how the anarchists and secessionist like to make him out to be in a mocking way. There are certainly plenty of things wrong in Puntland today, but falsely blaming a president who peacefully assumed office in Somalia of all places in this day and age and crying about how not so great he is a little ridiculous methinks. Insha Allah , Faroole will be great for Puntland and Somalia as a whole. He may not achieve everthing we'd like him to ahcieve, but then again that's what politicians do!

So to all the tribalists everywhere who can't stand Faroole and everything he stands for, just because he is from that part of Somalia-- MAY YOU BURN IN HELL. To the rest of Somalis, let's all be be thankful and give praise to Allah(SWT), we have a man in Garowe that inspires hope and confidence in ALL Somali people everywhere.

kajdes   

"However, much needs to be done to help Puntland reach its full potential. There is a very high unemployment rate, recurrent droughts and overall infrastructural under-development. But there are plenty of investment opportunities in Puntland, including developing the livestock and fisheries sectors, light industries and exploitation of natural resources ."

Lots of talk, but seriously PSAs are already in place for the development of the Puntland's oil potential. Where is the public endorsement from Farole to kick this into gear? I'm sure plenty of employment would be generated during a drilling program and following based on sucessful results.