Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

President Abdullahi Yusuf meets with UNDP representative!

^^It seems the sheer fact of Yey being in Xamar is a significant milestone for some here! They conveniently forget that both Mahdi and Aqasim spent most of their presidency claim in Mogadishu!

But Taano, like Baashi, is asking a forward plan and I find that to be my weakness! I am very passionate for this regime and its Ethiopian backers to go, but quite uncertain what is gonna happen next! My best defense is that the alternative to resistance is even worse: Ethiopia will establish a permanent mark in Mogadishu and have even more puppets implanted in our political organism!

So better fight than humiliated is my moto for now! What say you yaa Mystic? Do you have a more elaborate defense than mine?

Castro   

^ Few resistance movements are organized in the beginning and this occupation is in its infancy. The disarmament drive failed and forcible disarmament is a no go. Armed groups for one reason or the other will do random hit and run attacks on the occupation forces. Sooner, rather than later, the occupiers will have friction with the rest of the society (mostly those that are no threat to them) and will carelessly cause the death of some innocent civilians. This will slowly get those on the fence to support the infant resistance. Eventually, the entire city becomes a resistance hotbed and the occupying forces will use deadlier and deadlier force. The vicious cycle continues with the resistance getting more emboldened by the support of the people and the occupying army getting more and more restless and desperate. One morning, they'll realize the futility of their occupation and walk away.

Unfortunately, incessant external interference by regional and far away powers and loyalty to clan may prove to be the deadly cocktail that poisons Somalia for a long time to come.

Short time? Ethiopia and the puppet regime must go. Long term? As the Courts came out of the people's desire to fill a chronic void, so too will come another movement.

Xiin, we should call on our intellectuals to participate in Somali politics. They have to meet certain expectations thou, education being on top of the list. How and where we will find them, I don’t know. The hardest thing now is establishing an organization which could provide for the people, install security and bring peace. The ICU managed to do that, but it only lasted for six months.

The idea that every tribe/clan should have their own court wasn’t a bad one. Maybe we should use the same tactics the ICU used, but this time we should be more careful and efficient. I still think that if Somalia is able to provide jobs to its people, the violence will decline and the economy will rise. A man who is working to earn money has no time to pick up a gun.

We could have ideas, but making it into reality is complete another thing. Running for government and running a government is two different things. :D

Castro, that was linear timeline of how effective insurgency develop. Iraq came to my mind!

Short time? Ethiopia and the puppet regime must go. Long term? As the Courts came out of the people's desire to fill a chronic void, so too will come another movement.

Not a elaborate plan but it still makes sense to me!

Hadba waxaad ku ciil bixi kartaa kuu cawa adduuna, i suppose!

Mystic, we will govern latter, first lets defeat these Ethiopian invaders!

^^Was it all in my eyes that Horn and his uncle have become reformed cousins of the old man and good Fiqi has dropped his hostile posture toward them to cultivate this young relationship?

Or was it jus an outlayer event; dogs living with cats; downpouring rivers of blood :D !

Castro   

^ LOOOL. Dogs living with cats is exactly right. Fiqqi is a budding photography student. He needs a few more pictures of waterfalls, grazing camels and scattered clouds to complete his masterpiece.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Was it all in my eyes that Horn and his uncle have become reformed cousins of the old man and good Fiqi has dropped his hostile posture toward them to cultivate this young relationship?

Or was it jus an outlayer event; dogs living with cats; downpouring rivers of blood
:D
!

One would think that is the reason you fell out with the old man. :D

Anyways, the situation is too serious for whatever fluctuating opinions Fiqi, Horn, or yourself for that matter hold. Where do we go on from here Xiinow?

Waamaad u carootay dadna mustaqbalka guud ee dalka ayay ka fakirayaan!

^^LOL!

Fiqi yare is not even sparing his supporters from his bloodstained knife adeer! Dadkii waxba kama reebin ninku; the man is extremely self-assured and thinks he can do without!

Horn, no i ma not ignoring you saaxiib! You need to understand how i formulate my stances. I have a zero clan bais adeer! Almost! Here is the test, and hold it to me: if Barre opposes this occupation troups in the south he will be my man! Talk to him adeer, and tell him we will be forever gratefull if he does that!

Castro, i will watch it IA!

Gabbal   

Xiin-

What's the catch?

You are an intelligent individual and the last man I would need to ask "what then after the Ethiopians leave right now", so what gives?

Me? I have already formulated my own opinion on your stance, but I really want to give you the benefit of the doubt.