Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

Mohamed Ali Samatar - Kulan looga soo horjeedo dacwad!

Saalax   

what people fail to realise is if Cali samatar is found guilty many other criminals will also be found guilty and this will open a new portal of justice so it's a good thing only naive people would oppose it.

bilan   

forget about kacaanka,keena SNM iyagaba gacmahooda dhiig baa ka buuxa,funny how people like to act victim all the time, it's been over 20 years get over it.

Originally posted by bilan:

forget about kacaanka,keena SNM iyagaba gacmahooda dhiig baa ka buuxa,funny how people like to act victim all the time, it's been over 20 years get over it.

Dee dacwe wakuwas eeh ya ku hor tagaan :D

Saalax   

Bilan, but the difference is SNM was not a government and the SNA was they were at the power at that time , SNM was only fighting for their rights to control their lands restore justice and equality among the people it wasn't SNM that carpet bombed entire cities keep in mind.

A_Khadar   

Originally posted by Thankful:

You want justice against only those outside of your enclave. Because the ones in yours are all innocent!

Exactly... SNM gangs are all innocents.

Mr Samatar might have been the highest official in government after the president. But equally lets not forget that he didnt have any political power or influence in the regime. The positioins that he was given at the time within the government were only for political reasons and propaganda. As the regime tried to portary itself as an entity which qabiil had no meaning.

Now knowing this fact, no one can claim that Mr Samatar was responsible for what happened in the North. As he was just a billboard for the regime. The responsiblity that can be fingerpointed to him in the tragedy that took place is little as a bookkeeper working for the government at the time.

Although I will support the case if there is any evidence which point to that he was the one who gave the orders to what was done to the victims that filed the case against himt then it will be a personal matter. But as it stands now, it is clearly that is not the case. Since none of the witnesses are high ranking officials in the last government. And lastly since clan is everything and everything is clan, in the past and present in Somali society and kwowing the facts above, for the most of Somalis (including me) it seems that Mr Samatar is only being prosecuted because he belong to an outcaste clan, in other words an easy target.

Originally posted by Thankful:

You want justice against only those outside of your enclave. Because the ones in yours are all innocent!

You're always coming up with this excuse. Well then so be it. My clan vs yours. How is that? Would you stop complaining now?

Coloow   

Abdi Ciise,

To prove whether he is guilty or not is why we have courts. I don't think Samatar is prosecuted because he comes from a small clan.

It is because he is the most senior official that is alive.

I don't think "he comes from a small clan and hence should go free" is a good approach.

Thankful, sidaan waa dhaami jirtey saaxib maxaa ku helay? Bal dib iskugu noqo.

This thread and the other threads about this case show that our sense of justice is NIL and as long as we have that then we somalis are bound to perish.

This is not a question of somaliland; or a case of Riyaale. It is a question of;

- JUSTICE, JUSTICE, JUSTICE.

By downplaying the significance of this case and claiming that Riyaale should also be booked, Thankful, Koolkat et al are in essense denying the rights of the thousands of orphans whose parents were murdered by the somali army under the leadership of guess who?

Coloow   

Cowke,

If it is thrown on technicalities, then the guilt issue still remains. If he is tried and found not guilty or guilty that will heal the sores.

But, I don't understand how people can claim that he should not be tried.

I don't really understand how a sane person can be against the notion of justice.

If samatar is tried that will send a clear message to all the warlords, the generals who abused their powers and almost everyone who committed a crime.

Thankful   

Baadiyow,

From my understanding the people suing Samatar are doing it trough civil court and want financial compensation. In my eye that is not justice for the orphans and the countless innocent people that died. There needs to be a comprehensive complaint made to The Hague against all of our suspected criminals. Time is running out, they are getting old!

Many of the leaders today were part of the regime and were under Siad's payroll. They will never allow even one investigation to start up at The Hague because they know it could back fire and their past will come to light!

That's why the so-called butcher of Hargeysa has never been! Because some of his security apparatus are now leaders in NW Somalia!

If we are going to look for justice we need to do it the right way where all suspected war-criminals are brought forward, no matter where they may be.

Jacpher   

^^He didn't perpetrate the alleged crimes directly as stated by the people bringing the lawsuit. They're after him because they argue he was a ranking official at the time and happens to be from small minority clan. This is a civil lawsuit not a war crimes tribunal and the case is about finding him guilty or innocent of war crimes. It's all about $$$$$$$$.