Sign in to follow this  
imam.abdullah

let our shekhis be a president

when we gonna heve islamic government who cares about problems and behave in islamic law i see this is the time yo think about what happned to our beautiful country it turned out like a wild place and getto

Buubto   

I honestly think Islamic government is the only solution 4 our country. Since we all r Muslims that is the only thing our ppl hearts can bond them together once & 4 all. Even establishing a Islamic government in Somalia right now, is really difficult thing to do, cuz there is warlords who hold weapons, rule some part of the city & who r knowledge less about Islam. to make it even harder 4 them not to approve, the US & it’s allays r targeting every single Islamic government in this earth. Even if our ppl decides Islamic government is wat we need, we going to be next talabans. Nevertheless we could do this & beat the kufaars, we just need our ppl to forget their loyalty to tribalism, & be united to govern their land. May Allah merge Somalis heart together (Amin).

salaam, Wallahi it gets me real angry when we only talk. i'm not criticizing any of you its just that, we know what we want for Somalia, then what are we waiting on? someone else to do it? subhanaAllah! do not procrastinate when enjoining good and forbidding evil. If you all are serious about this i am sure it can be done and Somalia can be reformed in 10 years totally. Somalia has the potential to be the ideal islamic State. All i will need is 33 Honest, Islamic, God-fearing supporters and no it will not be another taliban dictatorship. it just that when wealth comes in ones hands one tends to be unhonest and the foundation of reformers has to be upright so the system could be upright? are you all ready for this?

Hibo   

Am totally for Islamic Govt.

Am somali %100

Am Muslim %100

I have rich and fertile lands

I have rich seashores for fishing

I have the capability to explore oil

I have the language to become one somali

I have the perfect country after all.

Therefore, one military and political ideology could effectively pursuade the entire world that we have everything to do with one somali which is to them>somail diidoow silic udhimo.

LOL

By the way, I am serious about that, walaahi.

Having an Islamic governemnt as well as being what the people want is an obligation from Islam.

What you also have to realise that as well as Islam providing a solution to problems it also provides the method for implementing this solution.

So Yes we need an Islamic state, and ISlam lays out how we establish this state - the Prophet (saw) established the state in medinah following a clear methodology and that is what is for us to follow.

Islam provides for the means and the objectives and does not leave man to use his own limited mind.

Read the Prophet (saw) seerah and you will see a clear plan of action.

Waaq   

At this point I am absolutely against it. With the current streak of fundamentalism going through the community. I will not swap one tyrant for another. I know freedom is not an absolute concept but I do not want some wahabist telling what it is to be a good muslim. My relationship with Allah is between me and him, so you can see yourself out of it. With the current level of ignorance and lack of education, I do not believe Somalis are capable of having an Islamic government. Faith takes work my friends, and everyone must participate, must engage their faith. Laziness will not work in Islamic republic, it will only allow the shiekhs to become dictators and tyrants bent on subjecting all to their vision of Islam.

The beauty of Islam is that Allah has provided us with all we need. The Quran and the Sunnah to make intelligent judgements about the course of our lives and our conduct with others, but we must do the work necessary to make those judgements. And society must allow each person to make there own judgements.

Sorry Waaq it is clear that you don't know much about the islamic governance system. Please don't compare the system to the vatican. The clergy in The islamic government do not run the state infact there should be no such things under the islamic state. The laws of the land are decided in the majlis and the hukm shariah is adopted which the Amir is the only one who can give this, any other way would be a dalaala. I am sure if you studied it a bit more you too would agree that the islamic system is the best for Somalia. I always say," If Somalia is united under Islam, imagin what it can do for the ummah and the world!"

Although i am 100% support for Islamic government but there are real problems of how to implement since tribalism is the real dominant practice. I never met any Somali who is against an Islamic gov but they always point you out how disorganised are the Islamic parties. The trust in that part of the world is also very limited and many Somalis don't trust anyone to lead them.

u bring a good point! how do we get that monkey of tribalism out of our back!! 4 us it a 2 street, either way goes 4 us...so we all go back to square one! alas! basically no progress!!

now, u might ask yourself, how do we got out of this circle!! well, i say, if we gonna place our faith in religion, let us select a leader from Mecca! or non somali religous figure! at least so we wont chastise them on tribal affiliations!!

hey, 20 yrs of the bs just aint solving nothing!! its time for new ideas!! sorry but my time in trust for our leaders has fleeted unfortunately!!! i suffered enough for them to get their things inorder!!

Again may i invite interested bro's and sis's to join us if you trully want to establish an islamic state in Somalia. We have no room in this group for people who thinks it is hard so if you do think so please move on, if you think you can be resourcefull then please contact me.

Waaq   

Yusuf, it is you who has misunderstood the realities of governance. And missed my point entirely. I was not attacking Islamic systems of governance, or traditional Somali systems either, but rather pointing out that a government based on Islam will require a population that is educated on Islam and capable of intelligent interpertation of Islamic law. Any Islamic system predicated on the ulema are in my opinion subject to abuse by those same ulema without an educated populace to act as a check against their interpertation. I for one do not want some ulema using Islam to control me, when I perfectly capable on making my own interpertations of Islamic law. With the current slant towards Islamic conservatism in Somali culture I do not feel that it is the appropriate system at this juncture. This is not to be misinterperted to mean that I do not see a strong place for Islam in Somalia's affairs, for example, a court system based on shariah.

If you read the works of previous Islamic scholars you will notice that some prominent scholars felt equally apprehensive about the role of ulema in Muslim soceities.

Yusuf you mentioned your own fear that a Taliban style of government not arise in this Islamic state. I am merely saying that it is my fear that such a government in current conditions is an almost certainty. Given the current lack of education and open debate in Somali society the governance structure you propose is dangerous.

Another issue. Yusuf we do not live in the fantasy land of a utopian islamic government, but in a real world. Name one Islamic government that not controlled by the clerics. Name one government in which the majlis is actually representative of the soceity, and is comprised of members chosen popularly to participate.

People this sounds all and well in the annals of this forum, but in real life it will be a disaster.

I hope at least some of you would agree that the ignorant are most open to abuse in matters of faith, because it is in these matter where they ask the least amount of questions.

I want to see a Somalia that is free and open, not a judgemental society where the values of the few are imposed on the rest. I want to see a Somalia in which people are allowed to make their own choices with regard to manners of faith and behavior.

How many of us see people all the time who accept without even an once of questioning matters of Islam. This cannot be so in an Islamic government if it is to function.