Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

Not all Somalias are created equal

Fabregas   

One is tempted to think that Shashank Bengali is another pseudo pen name of JB.

He fiddled with it for 10 minutes before I realized he had no idea what he was doing. When I walked over he was staring at the keypad blankly.

:D QUOTE:"Have you ever programmed one of these before?" I asked.

"No," he said finally, and handed the phone back apologetically. So the BlackBerry has yet to reach Somaliland. But it will.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL, how many times have you seen the scene before, lol, I mean faraxs pretending to claiming to be an expert in something they haven't got a clue about.

The *YOU KNOW WHO* Club are now going to hate Mr. Shashank Bengali for writing on his experiences. ;)

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Actually, BlackBerry has reached SL. Even JB is getting one (I'm told).
:D

I am sure the Blackberry device can be found from anywhere, but I don't think the Blackberry service is available through the local Telcos.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Al Zeylaci:

One is tempted to think that Shashank Bengali is another pseudo pen name of JB.

Man It can't be JB ,,, he is just one liner like me.

But can it be NGONGE? I have the feeling. :D

NGONGE   

^^ I'm flattered, saaxib. But this is not me. :D

662-shashankbengal2009-web.thumb.prod_af

Shashank Bengali

E-mail Shashank Bengali at sbengali@mcclatchydc .com

Shashank Bengali is based in Nairobi, Kenya, and writes about sub-Saharan Africa. He has reported for McClatchy from more than 25 countries and covered conflicts in Somalia, Sudan, Lebanon, Iraq and Georgia. Before moving to Africa in 2005, he was a roving correspondent for The Kansas City Star. Originally from the Los Angeles area, Shashank studied at the University of Southern California and at Harvard University, where he earned a Master's degree in public policy. He speaks French and broken Kiswahili.

Read his blog, Somewhere in Africa.

ahem.....

Not All somalis are created equal

I never thought a skinny, monkey looking somali would hold a KKK supremasist viewpoint. :D

Next waxay oran doonaan kacbadii waxaa loo wareejiyay Hargeysa. :D

Originally posted by Malika:

^What point? It's common sense leh!

Is it me seeing things,or have these kind of threads,being posted more and more the last couple of day,and not only from the SLanders but PLanders as well.

May I ask what is the aim? If its to boast, ya all dont need that,WE get it,your enclaves are at peace,erm there is Democracy[
:D
], maxaa kale yaa all very pretty too..What I am I missing here. :rolleyes:

Don't mind them, they both miss their sugga daddy. The thought of Xamer Caddey gives them wet dreams, but since that's out of reach now, they gotta settle for "my village is better than yours" b*tching :D

When I've gone to Somalia, the first question I've had to grapple with, as a foreigner and therefore ransom bait, is how many armed bodyguards to hire. Not so in Somaliland.

This is pure lie. Not only western visitors are assigned body guards but even those who rent houses have guards assigned to them. I know this for a fact. And don't forget foreign NGO's were killed there.

Emperor   

The writer of this piece would even be Xaaji Xundjuf, who knows? The secessionists have developed a way to use random names, any names, English, Arabic Yemeni like mutazairo and soon you will see Japanese or Nigerian names promoting the case of the traingle...

Duufaan   

did we see any similar article posted in Kismaanyo or Baydhabo these days.compare the rate of the crime Kismaanyo or Baydhabo. In eyes of these people Iran is not safe not alone south somalia.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Emperor:

The writer of this piece would even be Xaaji Xundjuf, who knows? The secessionists have developed a way to use random names, any names, English, Arabic Yemeni like mutazairo and soon you will see Japanese or Nigerian names promoting the case of the traingle...

^^^ :D:D:D