Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Koshin Mohamed: New Somali Ambassador to Washington

I read the article about this guy online the SeattleTimes today.

Sarcasticaly speakung, ahem ahem, His aspirations to become a Diplomat fits him well given that he already has the disposition of a "politician". May commend his background, as it was mentioned in the on Seattle Times.

1.He lied about being a College Graduate which was investigated andthen he said...

2.He did not pay the money he owed school so they put him on hold for graduatioin..but actualyl the truth is...

3.he confessed that he is just short of a "few" classes for graduation.

The only thing great about the article was the back drop in his picture , in white and lightblue, my favorite color.. that reads "discovery institute"...

Title of Aricle...

"Seattleite may serve as Somali diplomat"

By Lornet Turnbull

Seattle Times staff reporter

link below

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=somaliguy04m0&date=20070104&query=SOMALI

My goodness, the SOL crowd can get you down, I wish the dude all the best, at 28, with no degree it would seem kind of stange choice.

Maybe he is staging the whole thing to get noticed? A politician indeed.

RedSea   

At least the dude has no record of killing,raping,looting anyone.He lied,that is minor considering what the whole chunk of TFg is based on.He can at least write his name in recursive,unlike Oday.lol

Mujaahid,

You are right. Come to think of it, like the saying goes "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King". Perhaps this is all we have got, the best guy TFG.

I give give him my two Bariis of Blessings.

: )

RedSea   

lol@two bariis.haye waad qaybinaysaa,that is good,sadaqa jaariya is always good.

Land of the blind indeed.The two eyed with vision were the ICU.

Castro   

Not quite, madam bariis. In that same article you posted, the author says this in the last paragraph:

Gorton, an attorney with the Seattle law firm of
K&L Gates (formerly Preston Gates & Ellis)
and a member of the Discovery Institute board, said
he met Mohamed [Koshin] several years ago and that his firm has helped Mohamed secure the diplomatic credentials needed to move within government circles in Washington.

K&L Gates, the law firm, boasts such former employees as Patrick Pizzella, former Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management of the Department of Labor, who is a good friend and known associate of none other than Jack Abramoff, the convicted Republican lobbyist now serving time in a federal prison.

What does this have to do with Koshin? Ask yourself why a heavily Republican "law" firm and the Discovery Institute (another conservative "think tank") would groom an asylee to the US and help him receive "diplomatic credentials needed to move within government circles in Washington"? It's not like he's a Rhode scholar, so you can't say he's their next hot junior attorney. The dude didn't even finish an undergraduate degree.

Soon he'll be the ambassador for the government of Somalia to the government of the United States. The latter, coincidentally ;) , installed the former using a another client state just days ago.

Ain't it just grand? :D

But wait, there's more. Here's the press release on the Discovery Institute's site:

Somali Ambassador to Speak in Seattle Wednesday

By: Staff

Discovery Institute

January 3, 2007

WHAT:

Mr. Koshin Mohamed, Seattle resident has been asked by Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf to serve as Somalia's new ambassador to the United States, pending formal U.S. recognition of his government. The continuing success of Somali troops of the Transitional Government of Somali, aided by Ethiopia and, indirectly, the U.S., in defeating the Islamic Court government of Islamic radicals has a Seattle area dimension that has not been noticed until now: the leading U.S. representative of the now-successful government, Koshin Mohamed, is a resident of Seattle, where he attended the University of Washington and owns a financial services firm.

WHEN:

Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 11:00 A.M.

WHERE:

Discovery Institute office, 1511 Third Ave., 8th Floor, Seattle, WA 98102

WHO:

Koshin Mohamed, whose efforts for the Transitional Government of Somalia have been encouraged by several Seattle-area and national figures, will answer questions about the current reality in Somalia, the danger of terrorism there and elsewhere--and the attempted assault on him over the New Year's holiday in Seattle.

Bruce Chapman, president of Discovery Institute and a former U.S. Ambassador (to the United Nations organizations in Vienna) will introduce Ambassador-designate Mohamed.

Already Crowned. LOL.

king_450   

Astonighing! while we are spending our little valuable time left on this nonsense,who cares if he is or is not what he alleges or claims to be. these clients of his are already partitionig where to develop their future mansion in somalia. Former Republic of Somalia had bled to death for the past 16 yrs and now it is the foreigners time to take the land for good and claim they have the right to be there. Imagine that, so ppl wake up and have little sense of understanding the situation facing us. I mean us if you are not yet 30yrs of age.Any one who is over 30yrs have no right to be ruling somalia period.

Folks, relax. Mareykanka do not recognize this treason-prone, dowlad ku sheegaan burburtay, a mouthpiece of Sanaawi before the eyes of the vast majority of Soomaalis. It is better to deal the real enemy, Sanaawi, than kuwa dhabta u saaran xaaqin u eh.

Dad ayaa been isku sheegaayo when I tried to tell them Mareykanka do not recognize dowlad ku sheegaan stoogeka u ah Sanaawi, la'aantiisana aan socon.

Now even wargeysyada Mareykanka ayaa u sheegaayo, would they now believe warkaan u sheegaaye?

To begin with, there was his title. The think-tank group that introduced Mohamed to reporters -- the Discovery Institute -- called him a clunky "ambassador-designate."

That's because the United States doesn't formally recognize the government of Somalia President Abdullah Yusuf.

On another wargeys:

...says he's been asked by the transitional government of Somalia to be its ambassador to the U.S. — if and when that government is recognized by the United States.

A State Department spokesman said that while the U.S. supports the transitional government, it has no diplomatic relationship with it.

At a news conference Wednesday sponsored by the Discovery Institute, a conservative Seattle-based think tank, Mohamed said he doesn't know when that recognition might come — though, for the sake of his country and its people, he hopes it is soon.

I too hope I can touch the sky; I too hope I am invisible. Dah, hope kulahaa. Hope and reality two complete different pictures waaye.

Baashi   

SOL crowd r on it. Investigative reporters in this forum have the goods on this dude. Findings are numerous:

1. Nepostism

2. Age

3. Inexperience

Not a resounding verdict by any means. In politics, to bring in ur "team" (ideologues, contributers to ur campaign, volunteers, and what have you) is a given. In Somali politics 4.5 formula dictates power sharing scheme adopted in Nairobi.

Diplomatic mission in DC is slotted for Clan A, that of France is for Can B, ...and so on. No surprise here. Pretty much in sync with the spirit of Nairobi deal.

Koshin is the symptom not the malaise.

Another reconciliation meeting is in order. It should be held inside Somalia proper. Somalis need to revise the drafted constitution now before it is too late. If we don't do that right away we will risk institutionalizing negative tribalism. Meritocracy will soon be anamoly to the system.

Castro   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Investigative reporters in this forum have the goods on this dude. Findings are numerous:

1. Nepostism

2. Age

3. Inexperience

Though initially I thought all of those three, after reading about the Discovery Institute and the K&L Gates, it is now clear to me we have another junior Hamid Karzai or even a Ahmed Shalabi in the making. This is bigger than Somali petty clan squabbles and simple nepotistic favoritism. This is the Project for the New American Century yaa Baashi. Call me paranoid but this wreaks of a quest for something (perhaps resources, perhaps plain hegemony but surely a quest for profiteering of some sort) that is higher than anything Yeey or Zenawi can fathom.

Baashi   

Paranoid is the right word here mzee Castro. You are over-reacting my man. Sure Uncle Sam has his own geopolitical interest in the region. Sure the current adminstration with all its messainic inclinations has its own designs for the Muslim world. Fair enough.

However remember that clan dynamics in Somalia trumps everthing. Our system if you can call it that is so unstable and unpredictable no think tank can formulate a consistent policy applicable to our politiking other than supporting self-styled secularists.

Now the think-tank you cited has been discredited by the elites of this country. They no longer have sway over current adminstration.

Castro   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Now the think-tank you cited has been discredited by the elites of this country. They don't longer have sway over current adminstration.

Really? How do you know this?

Perhaps I should send Mr. Koshin some flowers for labeling him a Hamid Karzai. :rolleyes:

Baashi   

How do I know? Well look up the founding members of this think tank and make up your mind whether they have any weight in the Bush adminstration today.