Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

African Union Shuts the Door of Recognition to Somaliland

Fabregas   

Which essentially consist, such as that of “Top-scorers-for-The-League-of-Stooges”(i.e., TFG’s Crowd), or even that of “Fence-Warmers”(Mr. Ngonge must be feeling alone in here, all by himself... ), “Jihadis Incorporated”(i.e., the few that so far survived against the demised of the ICUs), and lastly, the “fast-bowlers-for-Somaliland-cause”(i.e., many home-boys that shall treat you with contempt you desrve) to say the least

lollllllllllll

How can I become a Somaliland citizen? I have a bother who is from Somaliland but I’m afraid of going there because of Qabiil.........What can a person from south have to do to live in Somaliland and say whatever he wants with out retaliation.

Originally posted by Tone:

This Obsessesion with Somaliland needs to stop lol...The people over there are living life. They don't want you....LET MY PEOPLE GO

"African Union Shuts the Door of Recognition to "Somaliland" "

The nobodies spend the time to write a title and an article like the one posted, but they will still be on their usual "calaal" the times to come. We will all be waiting what their next calaacal looks like in the next few months when our nomad Caamir restlessly posts it on SOL. :D

Lake   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Somaliland has many flaws which makes it impossible to achieve recognition,First Somaliland pple are divided on the issue of breaking away, I am from Somaliland too, and would never allow dis-membering Somalia. I see corrupt leaders in Somaliland misleading their pple for their interest.

Somaliland politicians mislead their pple, by always bring up the negative stories that happen in Somalia. And then here is TFG, I always wondered why secessionist oppossed to any stability in the South, seek reconcilation with Somalis, and bring your complaints forward, instead of looking for something futile.Dont be afraid,the answer is in Somalia.

I highly doubt that you're from Somaliland lol..You're trying to make it seem like such people like yourself do exist in Somaliland hahaha please

You will never meet people that say what you say that are from Somaliland my friend...Try another approach

There is no obsession with the North West, its not our fault it has failed to get recognised.

Its not our fault it failed to even convince the clans which it claims to be its citizens.

Its not our fault its a millitarily weak, and corrupt and has no jurisdiction outside the Burco-Berbera-Traingle, which is the hot bed of the clans, from Oodweyne, Tone, Ayoub, Mujahid-SNM, all are from the traingle area.

Somaliland is a good idea, thats all.

Lake   

^^^

Stop envying those that are trying to live life...Stop trying to invite them to your misery. Live and let live

Chimera   

Originally posted by General Duke:

There is no obsession with the North West, its not our fault it has failed to get recognised.

Its not our fault it failed to even convince the clans which it claims to be its citizens.

Allthough i don't support Somaliland as a seperate state i do recognise the great progress some of these leaders have made for their people without foreigners unlike the Dirty traitors your supporting

Its not our fault its a
millitarily weak,
and
corrupt
and
has no jurisdiction
outside the Burco-Berbera-Traingle, which is the hot bed of the clans, from Oodweyne, Tone, Ayoub, Mujahid-SNM, all are from the traingle area.

Somaliland is a good idea, thats all.

no i won't it's to 2 easy :D:D:D:D

KEYNAN22   

David_Letterman:

Allthough i don't support Somaliland as a seperate state i do recognise the great progress some of these leaders have made for their people without foreigners unlike the Dirty traitors your supporting

And what alternatives do you have?

Sitting in the west and spewing diarrhea through the internet will not change the reality on the ground.

Either you come up with a feasible alternative which could break the political stalement in somalia and then go down to implement it, or you keep quite and enjoy the spectator seat while these men are doing their jobs.

Secesionists, it seems things have not been going your way for a while now, Puntland creation, the TFG and now the fact that the whole international community is in support of Somalia's government while you are further islolated.

Remmeber last time Riyaale came to London on the day of the budget who met him? :D

NGONGE   

^^^^ You have a bad habit of counting your chickens before the eggs have hatched saaxib.

It’s like a fuse in your head has blown up the minute those Courts were defeated!

Somaliland might not have got recognition (yet) but if, as your argument seems to imply, the world is not interested, why the hell do all these representatives keep popping up in Somaliland? Somebody above mentioned five from the African Union. In the past, many others visited too. Why are they giving Somaliland the chance to push for recognition? Why the false hope? Seeing how you like to foretell events, I bet all of this is making you quake in your shoes. :D

Oodweyne,

I told you before that your enthusiasm is infectious. Alas, I’m a man that likes to hedge his bets. I could easily see the viability of a country like Somaliland and am more than happy to wave the flag as soon as recognition is granted. I just refuse to join the 'struggle' when I have no faith in 'my' leaders. Still, there is a long way to go before we know for sure how things will eventually stand.

ps

If you were to declare Burco as a country of its own, things would have been simpler and I would have supported you 100%. You seem genuine enough, see. smile.gif

African countries are just being smart and are avoiding setting a bad precedent by not recognizing Somaliland. The stakes are a lot higher than people like Oodweyne are willing to admit.

At least three things have to happen and in the right order for NGONGE to happily wave Somaliland’s flag:

1- A legitimate Somali (read: south) government with enough stability must first agree to Somaliland’s separation.

2- A workable arrangement must be established to allow non-consenting tribes to have their way/voice otherwise the whole thing would risk rekindling another conflict between certain clans in the north.

3- The powers that be must sign on such a disintegration plan of the former Somali republic and consider regional impact it could have.

It’s drilling a brick, I tell ye! But the problem has been and still remains to be that some folks think that they could indeed drill a stone-brick with firewood! It's a hardwork!

RedSea   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

^^^^Duqa horta how do you reconcile your support for Somaliland secession, and your hope to see the emergence of Islamic republic in the south?

Duqa,

Is seccesion a danbi?

I am pushing for Islamic republic for the south, so what? what is wrong with that?

I don't get it.

Centurion,

You don't get the point at all, I am saying without recogntion, Somaliland is ALREADY doing better than those recognised countries, what has recogntion done for them that is missing from Somaliland?

Besides, yes, the white man might be bit reasonable when it comes to these kind of situations, he is more logic, than say one who has destroyed his country, by that I mean a corrupt African leaders that they are.

The economist,

Only Allah knows the exact reason, however, I think Somaliland still needs better quality leadership than Riyale Kahin and his vice President. The current system in Somaliland is democracy, however the arresting of journalists still continues. So, I think many things need to change from within for it to have a legitimate shot. So far Somaliland has pushed for recogntion, one can honestly say, each year that goes by the world is paying bit more attention to Somaliland as has accomplished what many others have failed to do, including our fellow bretherns from the South. Once again, I am not gonaa sugar coat anything for you, but the honest truth is that Somaliland is doing great job, the credit must be given to the people, not Riyale or Faisal Cali waraabe, but the people of Somaliland. All they need is a leader who can match their enthuism in order for it to be taken serious.

Dabshid, you have utter the words 'somalaaliya ha noolaato', and you support the TFG. what an Irony?

You speak of dismemberment of a nation, how bout the killing of inncoent civilians by Xabashis invited by the the poeple which you support.

Buuba is a traitor, ask any somali from Xamar.

Gen. Jama Yare and Buuba aren't the same saaxib. One supported the ICU (Jama yare) and the other is Xabashi daba dhilif, you must be insane to put them in the same category. Jama Yare would fit in your statement better than calooshiisa ushaqaysi Buubaa. ;)

Who we kidding here saaxib?

Is it me, mise dadkii ayaa wada waashay. Somaliya ha noolaato has become something even the xabashi lover utters.

:confused:

Aaliyyah   

When Qaalib wrote an article supporting Somali unity

Red sea started a smear campaign to discredit Qaalib

What can this tell us about red sea character?

he is someone that has very dark history nonetheless.

He is a highly educated millitary general hence how powerful his writing is. He joined the SNM in mid 1980s and fought fiercely against the Barre regime. Later when dictator Siad Barre was toppled, he was one of the key members that anounced the UDI (unilateral declation of independence), although some people say he really never believed the whole seccesion thing, nevertheless, he was part and parcell of that situation.

in addition, being former police commander of Somalia, and being a member of the SNM isn't the the problems here, although some of you might have slight of different opinion on this, but he was consider the biggest reason that caused the civil war that occured within the I.S.Q. tribe in mid 1990s.

He was the one who single handlely took the hand of his tribe or sub clan and dragged them to fight head on against the Cigal adminstration.

some of you might ask why? well let say it wasn't for the sake of unitary, however, he was upset about Cigal who hailed from different sub-clan of being the leader. He wanted to be in that position to being the head of the state, hence if he was given that position, I am sure he would be just Riyale Kahin today of being the head of Somaliland and claiming to being a different country and his writing would be vis versa.

The truth is, Gen. Ghalib doesn't have much of face, it doesn't really matter how much he writes about the importance of unity and what is good for the Somali people, since he was the reason that hundreds of civilians from Hargeisa, Burco, Berbera, and Salaxley lost their lives after clan warfare that he himself fueled.

So, before he starts to put a pen on a paper, he needs to be asked why and why was he the root of the problems that as a direct result caused the deaths and displacement of thousands of innocent civilians from their homes in Hargiesa, Burco and Berbera which were the places that the fighting took place?

After he fueled the fire, what did he do? He did what any naftiise usheqayste would, which is run to western country and take Welfare checks. While taking welfare, he continue to utter rubish and nothhing that would benefit anyone anywhere except yes he himself, because of the money that he will gather from the prints of his books.

In conclusion, I say this man is utter useless big headed gacan ku dhiigleh iyo dira diraaleh ah. He has no face whatsoever in Somaliland and the rest of Somali peninsula except with few of those who are always in support of any negativity that is being said against the I.S.Q tribe. We need to look at the individual and what he is , and further we need to look at his dark past. because I know that he doesn't mean anything to Somaliweyne nor Somaliland nor anyone else for that matter except he himself.

Diraadiraa leh ma libaano.

To Ghalib himself: I cannot except anything no matter what package it comes in from someone who has put his own people in harms way for his own self benefit to tell me what to do. No one can except that, may be Somalis would be reunited without the people like his kind, like Riyale Kahins, Like Abdullahi Yusuf, like Cade Muse.

Finally, one last note, didn't you know that Allah doesnt' destroy nation or a people unless they have done some evil things? Yes this is exactly why the Somali people are destroyed, because of hatred directed towards one another, and until that changes, don't expect anything else to change. Allah doesn't change a nation unless individuals change themselves first. Somalis cannot be together until folks like Abdullahi Yusuf and Ghalib still exist in the society and that is a fact that needs not to be overlooked.

Kashafa   

Red Sea's character is apparent from his writings: his unqualified support for everything Islamic. Were the Courts able to pacify and stabilise all of southern and central Somalia and they came knocking on Somaliland's door, I think he'd support them against his own Etho-client government. Faith and ideology, for those sincere, always trumps blood/reigon-based ties. Just ask the brothers from Burco who went and fought for their deen, thousands miles away from where they called home.

Keep fightin' the good fight yaa Mujaahid Al-Hargeisaawi.