Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

African Union Shuts the Door of Recognition to Somaliland

Chimera   

Originally posted by KEYNAN22:

And what alternatives do you have?

Sitting in the west and spewing diarrhea through the internet will not change the reality on the ground.Either you come up with a feasible alternative which could break the political stalement in somalia and then go down to implement it, or you keep quite and enjoy the spectator seat while these men are doing their jobs.

i couldn't care less if we had 20000 different states within Somalia but NEVER EVER would i become a buttlicker and support foreign aggression from disgusting planes and tanks on my people no matter which region they reside

the only cyber diarrhea i see here being spewed is from individuals like you who try to justify this inhumane agression by saying the ends justify the means

Never!!!

Xaruuri   

The long response from Odweyne was just hogwash and full of meaningless empty statments. However, the most important thing he said is the admission on his part that he is from Gashaamo in Zone 5 (The Somali region in Ethiopia) in case any one missed it. So this guy who is extreme in his support for the breakaway region of our country and the dismemberment of the Somali nation is not from the northern Somalia after all. So my advice to him is to worry about his country and the multitude of issues that face his nation including the current fratricidal war in Daror and leave Somalia alone. He has no say what so ever in what happens in Somalia. With regards to the NSPU he can shout all he wants and call them names, but that is not going to change the facts. Salaam to you all.

Xaruuri

All in all, the issue as it stand is not a “Legal impediment” per se, which is what his analysis could be distilled down into, but, it is a "political road-block" that others have put it in front of Somaliland

Indeed. One thorn bush at a time; is how we should approach the problem. In the end, Somaliland will get its rightful recognition. I have no doubts about that, because the alternative is very ugly.

Red Sea.

Actually Gen. Ghalib was NEVER associated with the SNM or the struggle against the last regime.

He is in the same boat as Faysal Cali Warabe, Cali Khalif Galeyd and Xussein Cali Ducaale (Awil) all who claim they were apart of the SNM in one form or the other and all who published works celebrating their so-called "sacrifices" for their country.

Don't believe everything you read.

Waaheen   

Xaruuri brought up a very important issue to this discussion. Mr. Odweyne is probably a bi national, since as he claims he was born in Odweyne and can probably claim also the citizenship of Region 5 as his father is hails from Gashaamo. But I think it is legitimate to ask who is a citizen of the North of Somalia. It seems there is huge misunderstanding of who can make a claim on the citizenship of Somaliland. Strangely enough Rayaale himself was born at Gogti in zone 5. I most of the time laugh whenI read some Somaliland websites stating that Rayaale was born at Qolujeed. But we had a similar story with Siyad Barre in the past and I think here Rayaale is probably following the footsteps of his former mentor Siayd Barre.

In any case it seems from the outset that the citizenship of Somaliland is probably mostly defined by the membership of the clan rather than where somebody is born. But that is absolutely wrong in my opinion. Don’t you sometimes scratch your head when some websites write: Beelo reer Somaliland ah oo ku dagaalamay Daroor. And then you ask yourself since when has Daror become a Somaliland territory? I think it is about time that these folks from Kilil 5 face the reality and become loyal to their own State and stay away from the messy affairs of Somalia.

Waaheen

NASSIR   

"Secondly, it is in essence to warn those who wished to partake in this sort of debate, that they should first search themselves thoroughly particularly as to whether they have what it takes to hold this kind of debate from their own end, even before they entered here with silly remarks and what-have-you."

Oodweyne, you are certainly good at the art of prevarication or moving in cycle of delusion and confusion decorated with meaningless verbiage. I have come to a temporary conclusion that you do this to discourage the discussants into boredom and obfuscation. Isn't that an insult to the interlocutors’ intellect who come to this site in order to benefit from constructive debate whereby some discussants admit the strength, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of their political destiny. You are clannishly and hopelessly too partisan and too extreme to develop the reasons of your argument to an evenhanded stage, so that external judges or astute observant can aesthetically follow our points from one stage to another until all the stages of development are brought to a fruitful completion. You are, however, stuck on the lowest ladder, limping and bleeding to death while screaming and foaming with deadly froth like a horse hard-ridden by his master.

Since you could not answer the questions raised in the thread and implicitly decided to reduce the whole questions to a rhetoric and anecdote that blooms into a memories of political repression which dims your judgment to develop a convincing answers of the legitimate questions except stating that it is your clans' God-given right to return to the state of nature, I could not restrain but recall one of the main claims of Hirad’s derivative argument on Somalia's Return to the State of Nature (John Lock's Theory) in his article SOMALILAND”: Haunted by its Founding Mythology? A Response to Prof. Jhazbhay's Article in which he states that every clan shifts for itself as it sees fit until probably a genuine, all-inclusive central government is fully established or compromise is reached for the two to accept either scenerio. And you as Oodwayne confirmed that very political conviction you have held deep inside with a slant of clannism to completely dispossess Sool and Sanaag and Buuhoodle of their rights to oppose secession and remain with their brethren in Puntland and on other hand pushing the peaceful environment in the North West region(Somaliland) to its own peril.

But, it merely means our argument, with it’s detail and composite expositions, was never intended for your estimable evaluation, and I am sorry to sound so harsh with you in here, but really you and those you represent, at least emotionally, were never those we really thought we should disturb our sleep over it, in-order to win them into our side in so far as our political case is concern………….I shall keep my powder try for the real thing itself, before that presiding judge, in the form of the member-state of the international community, who will eventually will make one our respective case

Haven't the international community and member states of AU denied your illusive case of seeking recognition for over 16 years? Why are you obstinate to admit the flaws and failure of their movement?

Xaruuri Our problem is that we champion the dilemma to liberate our people in Ethiopia and promote myths of clannish states. Abtidoon, the late president of Djibouti was also born in the Somali region of Ethiopia, so there exists no distinct legal border between Somalia and Ethiopia in the minds of Somali people.

Somaliaonline , questioning the ICu's blend of Islamism and nationalism

Taleexi   

Mr. Caamir. Well put it, but the sad thing is that your profound, concise and complete analysis, as usual, will fall onto locked, monolithic hearts which know nothing but to advocate clannish dogma till the doomsday knocks the door or they face their destiny or whichever comes first for that matter.

As natural we would expect that one should be disciplined at his/her home, where a boy is trained to be a man who can protect his family from their adversaries when need might be, or a man could be trained to be a problem solver when things go out of hand. Unlike our chap, namely Oodweyne who only sees one side of the coin regarding the problem at hand deserves that his freedom of speech be respected by Nomads. However, his rhetoric, hollow claims can be passed onto the dust bin whenever there is nothing in them for comment.

Caamir. In the dictionary of Mr. Oodweyne 16 years means 16 days therefore leave the old man to exercise his futile till time teaches that the art of politics is all about concessions and compromise which, as apparent, his political discourse lacks thereof, those components thus far.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Mansa Munsa:

Mr. Caamir

As natural we would expect that one should be disciplined at his/her home, where a boy is trained to be a man who can protect his family from their adversaries when need might be, or a man could be trained to be a problem solver when things go out of hand. Unlike our chap, namely
Oodweyne
who only sees one side of the coin regarding the problem at hand deserves that his freedom of speech be respected by Nomads. However, his rhetoric, hollow claims can be passed onto the dust bin whenever there is nothing in them for comment.

Mansa Munsa What has the World Factbook, updated on 8 February 2007, written of Somalia: "Britain withdrew from British Somaliland in 1960 in order to allow its protectorate to join with Italian Somaliland and form the new nation of Somalia.....The northwestern area has declared its independence as the "Republic of Somaliland"; the northeastern region of Puntland is a semi-autonomous state;".

Source