Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

MOVE THE CAPITAL FROM MOGADISHU?

Xoogsade   

Horn Afrique, I am not supposed to laugh, but as nonsensical and illogical as what somalis are mired in is, What I found funny was, how your last post made some of the previous arguments fit in the saying Wixii xunba xaawaa leh. But I guess it goes through the family to be prideful no matter how odd of a situation one finds himself in. I respect them for that.

If I was in a position of power to settle disputes between somalis, they would be happy today although I am sure some of them can never be satisfied with what is rightfully theirs only and might want or ask for more. Soomalida caadadeeda waxa waaye, and this is from my experience through travelling in the south and living with other somali tribesmen during my journey, the victim of today is the victimizer of tomorrow given the chance. I can swear to god that that is what was going on in every town I travelled through. Whenever some group displaced another, the latter group did the same thing and engaged in the same barbaric acts of yesterday. Waxaan is oran jirey, kaaley, kuwaan kuwii shaley ilaah baryaayey ma ahan miyaa? I was in an oddly world that had dreamlike quality, surrealism, only it was nightmarish dream till I made to Nairobi. And I am talking about months of journeying. Meelaa laga heestaa Soomaalida.

Anyhow, Waa ka baxay.

Originally posted by Rahima:

quote: I said a USC military presence is unacceptable - which excludes the shacab because all Somalis should always feel free to live in any part of Somalia.

Yeah I got that part
smile.gif
, but why (according to you) is it more justified to have Morgan (and his group- I don’t know their name) in Kismaayo than the USC?
No, you didn't get it at all. Where did I say that Gen. Morgan's group was more "justified" to be in Kismaayo?

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

It is much easier to admit defeat at the hands of a large force instead of a ...
smile.gif

Right, the SNF defended Galkacyo and even housed a traditional leader, they also repulsed an attack on Gedo in the past (from USC, not from Ethiopia) and now they're busy defending Ceelwaaq from the Oromo and allied groups.

But the mighty, all-powerful SNF needs Yusuf Mire Seeraar and his military unit to maintain control of Kismaayo and share profits. The mighty, all-powerful SNF that defended Galkacyo in its hour of need and protected a Galkacyo-based traditional elder couldn't offer protection for the late Somali leader, Gen. M. Siyad Barre (alaha u naxaristo) - or have you forgotten that he fled Gedo and died in exile? Why is it that the SNF can provide protection for a man outside the sub-clan but couldn't offer protection for the late Somali leader? I'm sure you have more wonderful stories to share with us, such as the "scouts of Guriceel" story - a nice touch, I might add, for it overtly downplays the significance of the USC-allied branch of the JVA. Remember, the "insignificant" Yusuf Seeraar is an MP today.

P.S. The stories families share in their living rooms shouldn't be discussed in political discourse, especially with so many people watching. ;)

Gabbal   

Xoogsade-

Not only the "family" sxb, but all Somalis share the trait. When I say Soomaali baynu nahay, that in it itself speaks volumes. ;)

WIND-

P.S. The stories families share in their living rooms shouldn't be discussed in political discourse, especially with so many people watching.

You wound me ina adeer :Dicon_razz.gif

"Stories?" Which part do you consider fiction and which part did you consider fact in my previous post? I am curious and I am duly waiting for you to point-by-point dispute any of what I had written in my last post, without the sarcasm so famous of you. Is that fair?

The mighty, all-powerful SNF that defended Galkacyo in its hour of need and protected a Galkacyo-based traditional elder couldn't offer protection for the late Somali leader, Gen. M. Siyad Barre (alaha u naxaristo) - or have you forgotten that he fled Gedo and died in exile

Kuma aanan fahmin.

Remember, the "insignificant" Yusuf Seeraar is an MP today.

Sxb Yusuf Mire Seeraar qabaa'ilkiisaa doorteen. The man has not been in Kismaayo since the start of this reconciliation conference and is now headquartered in Muqdisho. He was with the first batch of members of labada goole that went to Muqdisho and has since stayed.

Another interesting fact is, during Morgan's last attempt on Kismaayo, the "drama" concerning Hiiraale's departure from Nairobi was well known. Where was Seeraar?

I can say; only in the fantasy of our Wind_Talkers. ;)

Sophist   

War niman waa weyn baad tihiine isku xishooda.

Miyeydaan Rabi ka cabsaneynin; maxay tahay qabyaalad qayaxan ee aad kobtaan ka wadaan.

Jiil cusub baan lahaa ayaa soomali usoo baxaya, laakiin walee la idinku khasaarow.

Rokko   

It is much easier to admit defeat at the hands of a large force instead of a ...
smile.gif

My cousin HornAfrique, never gets tired of BS'ing. :D Remember HornAfrique's old story that USC is never involved in Kismayo or any battle with Morgan? HornAfriqe is always on some next level stuff na'mean. He never admits facts na'mean. :D

Where is rahima? My innocent sister. Listen to me now.

Dayniile just wrote how Morgan was telling the Laantabuuro militias that he faced Sheikh Indhacadde in his last battle and how they are good friends now na'mean. Guess what? Sheikh Indhacadde was standing right there when Morgan is telling the story na'mean. Now, is Morgan making up lies right infront of his "friend" Indhacadde. Looool

Read the article here

http://www.dayniile.com/Juun/9Juun7.htm

Rahima   

^Mobb, like I’ve said more than once i couldn't care any less what any of these men do. May Allah guide them all or may they get what they deserve. As for the Somali media outlets, i don't read any of them, never have and most probably never will. They are all full of bias which i do not care to waste my time on. What Morgan and Indhacadde do or have done is not a matter which i care to read about; i just don't like it when people try to excuse some wrongdoers whilst exonerating (in their own way) others. Like i said they are all bad-which means you care for your country and people or are a tribalist because some (miraculously who share a tribal identity with you) are good and others are evil. As far as I’m concerned double standards equates to tribalistic mentality ;) .

And whilst we are at it, don’t try to patronize me with the innocent comments.

Wind,

That granted, it seems I gave the wrong example (accept my apology). So why is one part of the alliance acceptable in your eyes and not the other? Assuming that this alliance is based on evil (hypothetically speaking) how one can be guilty and not the other. Like I said, Rooble and Samatar both commit a crime, to me both are guilty, unless of course you are claiming that Rooble has a mental disability and therefore is excused of all crimes.

Also, can you explain to me who is and who is not a “USC†member and on what grounds/criteria you make such classifications?

HA,

Thanks smile.gif , always my saviour in my times of ignorance (which I acknowledge freely-we cannot be expected to know everything icon_razz.gif ).

Rokko   

^^^ ;)

Originally posted by Rahima:

[QB] As far as I’m concerned double standards equates to tribalistic mentality
;)

Aaha, .... I like this.

So if a nomad(anonymous) argues Indhacadde or Hiiraale is not a warlord (or saying he/she doesn't know if he is), while calling Morgan and Yeey warlords without a single doubt, can that be considered double standard which "equates to tribalistic mentality" in your theory? :D

That is weird huh? Something is wrong here na'mean :D

Rahima   

^ Even weirder is that you could possibly be serious. Do you even know what a double standard is :rolleyes: ? Are you having me on here?

If I don’t know, I will say so. That doesn’t dear lad equate to having double standards.

Anyway, like I said to you and a few other here before, be man enough for once. Take up my challenge. Please, pretty please with cherry on top expose the sinister conniving shrewd Rahima. But then again i know for the tenth time you will not be man enough and as per usual ignore the challenge.

Till you do so, as they say down under, wrack off and get a life mate :cool: .

Rokko   

^^ You seem upset Rahima? Calm down ok. Mobb is just bugging you again. Be woman enough to take criticism girl na'mean. :D

Do you know what I think? I think you very well know Indhacadde and Hiiraale are some of the worst warlords the Somali nation has ever produced. You just like to play that "ignorance" card na'mean. :D

C'moon Rahima. Don't let us down. Stay cool sister. Stay cool.

quote:The mighty, all-powerful SNF that defended Galkacyo in its hour of need and protected a Galkacyo-based traditional elder couldn't offer protection for the late Somali leader, Gen. M. Siyad Barre (alaha u naxaristo) - or have you forgotten that he fled Gedo and died in exile

Kuma aanan fahmin.
SXB, in another post, you'd made the comment that, during the USC invasion of Galkayo in the early '90s, an Issim had fled to Cabudwaaq to seek refuge. Also, we're reminded of how Col Hiiraale defended Gedo against the USC. I'm just drawing a simple comparison - how could such a seemingly competent and self-sufficient movement do these to things:

1. Fail to protect the late Somali leader, for he fled and eventually died outside of Somalia

2. Need USC units for the '99 attack on Kismayo

What's surprising is your denial that USC militias are in - and have been in - Kismayo since Hiiraale's arrival. Yusuf Seeraar, whether he's in Muqdisho or not, still holds the title of JVA vice-chairman, does he not? "Isbahaysiga" means there are two equal units in the JVA - so that mumbo-jumbo about "scouts from Guriceel" doesn't fly with logic and reality.

Another surprise is that you won't acknowledge Indhocade's military involvement during the Jubba wars - but he openly acknowledges that he fought against Gen. Morgan & therefore on the side of the JVA. I'm still debating from which case you suffer from: hurt pride or misinformation.

RAHIMA:

Also, can you explain to me who is and who is not a “USC†member and on what grounds/criteria you make such classifications?

The USC is a rebel movement that begun in the late 1980s and it was composed of a single Somali clan-family. Since then, the USC has disintegrated and various units control different parts of their clan fiefdoms. There criteria is clan-based, as with every other Somali rebel movement. So, Yusuf Seeraar controls a unit of the USC, so do Caato, Yalaxow, Indhocade, Qanyare, Mohamed Dheere, Qeybdiid, Gen. Galaal etc. I would exclude Sh. Dahir Aweys because he's more Al-Itixad than USC.

so why is one part of the alliance acceptable in your eyes and not the other? Assuming that this alliance is based on evil (hypothetically speaking)

Hypothetically or not, I don't think this alliance is based on "evil" - its based on pure capitalism: the "Alliance" shares the profits of controlling Kismaayo. Why do you think so many org. have repeatedly fought over the control of Kismaayo? Its all about the $$$ (which I suppose makes 'em all evil, but calooshii-u-shaqeyste is so common in all of Somalia that I consider them normal members of society now). Sad eh?

Now, in the post-1991 era when Somalia disintegrated, our society - lacking centralized direction - reverted back to the centuries-old system of clans. Accordingly, each Somali clan and sub-clan has always maintained a "traditional territory" within Somalia, Ethiopia, the NFD, and Djibouti. i.e. Somalis in Djibouti can be easily categorized into three main clans; Somaliland is comprised of certain Somali clans and subclans; so is Puntland; and so are the regional admins in Hiiraan or Shabellaha Dhexe, etc. USC-affiliated clans don't have traditional claims to any parts of the Jubba Valley. However, SNF-affiliated folks do because they've lived there, had defended the city against outside aggression and the city's close proximity to Gedo makes it an important and integral part of the trans-Jubba economy (thus, why 'Jubaland' includes Jubbada Hoose, Jubada Dhexe and Gedo regions).

I'm against the presence of USC militia in Kismaayo (and the Jubbas) for the same reason I'm against SNM militia presence in Laascaanood: both are occupations, considering the fact that dadka degaanka aren't members of either of these two rebel movements. Not to say that the USC branch of today or the SNF has done anything even remotely close to what the alliance between the USC and traitor Col. Cumar Jess' SPM militias did to dadka degaanka in the early '90s.

I hope I've made some sense. And I do apologize to all for turning this thread into a completely different topic. But what can y'all do about it but whine? :D