Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

MOVE THE CAPITAL FROM MOGADISHU?

Gabbal   

This is getting extremely redundent, but I'll try to answer some last questions you asked.

SXB, in another post, you'd made the comment that, during the USC invasion of Galkayo in the early '90s, an Issim had fled to Cabudwaaq to seek refuge. Also, we're reminded of how Col Hiiraale defended Gedo against the USC. I'm just drawing a simple comparison - how could such a seemingly competent and self-sufficient movement do these to things:

1. Fail to protect the late Somali leader, for he fled and eventually died outside of Somalia

2. Need USC units for the '99 attack on Kismayo

You know what I learned about you Wind? Sxb waxaada waa iska dood. Even if you don't know if something happened or not, you use what you believe to be logic and come up with a conclusion that is not necessarily grounded on fact. I don't know you just have to go back and review your writings to see it or not.

You said the SNF failed to protect Siad Barre; and I ask in what way?

1. The reason Siad Barre left Gedo to take Nigeria up on their political invitation was because of internal SNF problems that highlighted their internal weakness.

Caydiid was coming, and the SNF was divided into "still-recognize Siad Barre as president" or "start new slate" camps. Men such as Da'uud Dirir and Gen Cumar Xaaji Massale ( chairman of the organization and once arrested by Siad Barre for treason during the 80's) were direly opposed to Siad Barre still having a claim to leadership and ruling over them in Gedo. Caydiid was nearing, so Siad Barre thought best to remove himself from the situation and have the SNF fight as a united, whole unit instead of divided, squabbling militias.

Another surprise is that you won't acknowledge Indhocade's military involvement during the Jubba wars - but he openly acknowledges that he fought against Gen. Morgan & therefore on the side of the JVA. I'm still debating from which case you suffer from: hurt pride or misinformation.

Come again? Sxb the "Jubba wars" in the last episode took an various dimensions. It wasn't a single war, but various ones. It included the one for Kismaayo that took place between Morgan and Hiraale as well as Idho-cade's chase of Morgan. Let's clarify two things.

1. Morgan was rerouted in the first day of battle at Xalimo Cadey by Barre Hiiraale. Morgan then immidiately ran south, but wasn't chased by Barre Hiiraale. You dispute?

2. Indho-cade, who wanted a piece of Morgan, become frusterated when he saw Morgan once more being left alone. He believed that Morgan should have been liquadated once and for all, but saw Barre was leaving him be. He used the excuse that Morgan had "illegally" traveled through "his" territory (Shebbala) to come to Jubbas so he was seeking his revenge. Indha-cade came down to chase the already defeated Morgan and met up with him in Dhoobley, where Morgan was resupplying. Indha-cade did horrible things in Dhoobley, that we cannot excuse, but sxb Morgan was already defeated. smile.gif

Rahima   

Mobb,

Like I thought :D . Still not man enough. One day perhaps!

C'moon Rahima. Don't let us down. Stay cool sister. Stay cool.

Sadly the whole Aussie lingo of wrack off and get a life mate went over your head (not that I’m surprised). Imagine, strong Aussie accent, sunset, porch, akubra, fosters (not that I’m calling for that) and boredom with the topic-that is the scene for such a comment. You couldn’t find a more calm term in the Aussie dictionary even if you tried ;) .

Do you know what I think? I think you very well know Indhacadde and Hiiraale are some of the worst warlords the Somali nation has ever produced. You just like to play that "ignorance" card na'mean

So let’s assume this is true, what would be my motive in denying this status of theirs? What possible loyalty would I have towards these two? If anything, if ever I was to defend any warlord, trust me dude it would not be these two smile.gif .

Wind,

So basically it is a business partnership? Where then does the military aspect of it in terms of the USC branch come in? Also is it wrong for people to take opportunity? As for the Jubba Valley area, how does one establish who has right to it? Is it based on numbers? Qabiil?

I know this is getting boring, but I just want to know.

RAHIMA -

Walaal, I did my best to explain. Intaas ka badan waa dambi socda. Allahana iga cafiyo wixii qalad ah.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

[QB] You said the SNF failed to protect Siad Barre; and I ask in what way?...1. The reason Siad Barre left Gedo to take Nigeria up on their political invitation was because of internal SNF problems that highlighted their
internal weakness
....Caydiid was coming, and the SNF was divided into "still-recognize Siad Barre as president" or "start new slate" camps.

So, exactly how's your argument different

from mine? The SNF - due to internal weakness - failed to offer protection for the late Somali leader (although, militarily they were in a position to offer protection). But, because of internal political divisions, the old man fled Somalia and died in exile. So, in this instance, whether I used "logic" or not, I'm right and you openly agree. The SNF failed to protect Somalia's strongman. Period.

Indha-cade did horrible things in Dhoobley, that we cannot excuse, but sxb Morgan was already defeated.
smile.gif

First of all, I know its not your intention, but the Dhoobley massacre is not a laughing matter. Secondly, I think I finally understand your dispute. You want me and the world to believe that Gen Morgan was single-handedly defeated by Adeer Barre Hiiraale (and therefore the SNF). That's why you offer such interesting accounts of Indhocade's involvement (excuse that Morgan had used the Shabeele areas).

I plead the fifth in agreeing to such a statement. :D And I officially quit this thread.

Johnny B   

What was the topic of this thread again??

After i´ve excused myself from this thread ,

i kept following the it.

I realized that i´ve missed some hints towards (gabay) or metaphorical script if u like ;)

an open invitation to a cultural war ;) made by Xiin and Farah.

Though i´m from a well known "gabayaa n aftahan" familyn shud have it in da blood

i´ve to admit i´m more of a westren kid than a Somali "gabay" guru.

After reading some of my grandfathers "gabay", i´ve come across this .

This was an answer to a Puntlander ,

• Macbudkii na kii dhaafiyaan mahadinaynaaye
  • Mus ka soo dhac iyo cayi waa meheraddiiniiye
  • Adoo mudhuxsan oo qaawan baa meel lagaa helaye
  • Adigoo maqaar bahalle iyo aadmi madixiise
  • Markaan ku arkayoon kaa samroo kaa moral jabaye
  • Murdisadi aad iga taabataan maydhay toban jeere
  • Marti kibirtey waa ba'antay iyo magan cadhootaaye
  • isa soo mutuxa waa waxaad naga macaashtaane.

Mirror Mirror on the wall ... :D:D:D

This whole thread is getting more and more pathetic people let's stop the arguments and internal divisions about the past and be for once brothers and sisters!

Walaal Rahima i accept your challenge and i will inshallah offer you an excellent account of the USC what it is and how to join it. As for my brothers the like's of wind&co have failed in their task and duty.

Some people have already accused you of "ignorance" and other have labelled you "naive" but iam a gentleman that's why I'll give you all the answers to your questions.

First of all USC stands for (United Somali Chemists. It is a group of amateur would be chemist who set up a amateur or DIY laboratory to find a cure for a desease called Gangraena ( the dying of tissue and blood cells)which has befallen the body called politics in Somalia.

But no one took them serious enough and in frustration they set up a diy lab and actually to the surprise of many found a magic cure to the desease. When they presented it to the professional, multi-national pharmceutical companies and some registered Doctors and University Hospitals they refused to give them funding for the new magic cure, also they patronized them and called the security guards to get rid of this useless intruders.

The USC full of anger, dipression and frustration embarked on a unilateral compaign to cure the body of Somali politics and by doing so to the amazement of all the professionals managed to cure the body however the magic pill they've invented (which was also untested, unregulated and in fact illegal)had some severe side-affects and in result of that the body was brought to hospital.

At the hospital the body was stolen by the USC and they cut of the Head and the two arms. However the head and the right hand managed to escape miracuosly. The left hand was hacked to death and eaten by the (USC) call it barbarism or canibalism.

The head fled up north in fact to the North-East and some others also fled southwards to a city with a port near the border and some parts of the brain cells and nerves of the right hand have set up in refuge camps for deplaced brains and arms.

Now the body runs around like craz headless chicken in the capital and there is no one to take charge or put as a responsible part to safeguard the values also the heart (capital) of the body was eaten by the USC another act of canibalism. The rest of the body part which consits of the legs to the stomach who were the bearer of the heavy weight lost it and because the head was to heavy and removed by the USC they're as happy as they have been since the thousand years.

The legs have recovered from the heavy weight (head) which they used to transport where ever it (head) commanded it to go. But no the legs are their own master and they run amok.

THere has also been internal fights and divisions amongst the liberated legs and in fact the left part of the leg was wounded but it lost its fight for survival.

Now the head and the right arm have come to a mutual agreement and there are now to options open for them.

One is to discipline the headless chickens by putting an embargo on goods and restricting their movements.

Or to kill the legs and throw it into the ocean for once and all with the help of a friend on the second border who has also promised to give us spare legs made of metal or wood which are a replacement until the current head fertilises an egg which will produce a healthy body in which the order is right the head gives the order and the legs have to follow persuit there is no more running around.

THis is the end of a long story on the meaning of the USC and membership was open for all the componets in the leg up to the stomach.

This was a world tured upside down but with a little bit of luck and skill the world was made intact again and it should stay that way until the end.

Hope this will explain your question if you have further questions do not hesitate to ask me and I would be very delightful to shed some light into your room full of darkness partly because the curtains are closed so ill open the curtains step by step so that you can see with your own eyes the full sunshine and the green from your window.

Gabbal   

Secondly, I think I finally understand your dispute. You want me and the world to believe that Gen Morgan was single-handedly defeated by Adeer Barre Hiiraale (and therefore the SNF)

What else is there to believe? Sxb Sultan Sokor of reer Afmadow, Dhoobley, Bu'aale, etc himself said on the BBC shortly into the war that Indho-cade burned Dhoobley out of sport because (as the Sultan said) Morgan was already defeated beyond defeat by Barre Hiiraale.

...and by his own words, Indo-cade's excuse for chasing Morgan after Barre was done with was that Morgan had traveled through Indho-cade's "territory" of the Shabeelas.

But by all account, let me quit this thread right after you my friend. smile.gif

Rahima   

Wind,

Many thanks for your explanations smile.gif . It’s just that depending on who you ask the case of Kismaayo changes with the Melbourne weather. Let’s just say that I live in an area populated by reer afmadow, and some of the hard-core Somalis will swear black and blue that Kismaayo is only theirs and everyone else should only be there as guests-which basically means that military presence aside from theirs is unacceptable.

As far as I’m concerned it matters not, all these groups are based on Munkar and opportunistic foundations anyway. I was just trying to decipher your train of reasoning ;) .

Sayid Muhammed bin Awad

Whilst I thank-you for the history lesson, it was not that part which I am “ignorant†of (mind you i don't that as an offence-one cannot be expected to know it all) rather as was the discussion the relevance of this group (the USC) to the JVA.

To summarise, bro wind argued that the “USC†branch of the JVA should not be in the Jubba Valley-I quiet surprised and puzzled asked why. The response was that the USC tribes are not native inhabitants of the area. Brother HA put a different light to it and basically said that the USC branch of the JVA are business opportunists, which wind agreed (basically). So then I’m wondering (which is perhaps something you could clarify), where then does the military issue come in? And as HA states if indeed the USC branch are the junior partners, why such a focus and uproar over them? If we even hypothetically assume that the JVA are nothing more than a group of criminals causing havoc wherever they pass, why focus on the little men when the leader is clear to be seen?

Also, is this Indhocadde guy part of the JVA? Who are the men in charge of the “USC†branch of the JVA? And how have they come to be classified as the USC (like I asked, it because of their qabiil?).

Finally like I’ve asked wind, if indeed this is a business partnership, why such a broad classification of these business men and what is wrong with taking opportunity where it arises (of course assuming it is achieved through morally correct methods).

I’ve always held an opinion, all of these abbreviated groups =BAD. Simple I realize, but basically they and their supporters are to blame for our current dilemmas. Therefore it surprises me when we distinguish between them and through questioning came the business issue-which further confused me.

Johnny B   

Rahima , nice n sweet as you are, you just swollowed an adulterated version of the meaning and significance of the holly USC, by TWO puntlanders .

( u wanna me define a Puntlander ? )

sure !!.

Puntlander = Refugees, misplaced ppl who hail from the clan that inhabits North Galcaio to Bosaso.

Your questions haven´t been answered , cause simply there is no answer to them , except the fact that the USC part of the JVA is hated just as much the SNF part of the JVA.

Rahima.....Don't waste energy abaa, You won't get a direct answer. I believe USC branch is not wanted in the Jubba coz of thier Qabiil.

It is sad after 14 yrs of devastation, Somalis continue to support and argue for criminal entities like USC, SSDF,JVA, etc.