Sign in to follow this  
Saxardiid

Lascaano's dilemma

Sophist   

Though I have profound respect for Aamin Caamir, I think he fell over the clif on this picture. A political cartoonist has to know his subjects weel--not impose the hoopla habla he hears in the Somali cafes.

Thus Spake I

Originally posted by Sophist:

Though I have profound respect for Aamin Caamir, I think he fell over the clif on this picture. A political cartoonist has to know his subjects weel--not impose the hoopla habla he hears in the Somali cafes.

Thus Spake I

get real sxb. are you disputing that reer lascaanood are divided down the middle by tribal allegiance with pl and political one with sl? the guy is giniues and he is politically aware artist. as they say picture worth 1000 words or something.

India   

Shophist

I take it you much rather the picture to show the people of LA sidding with Pland.

Why is it you never accept the truth??

OH I know:

It is becuase it hurts--ouch--I feel your pain.

On a much serious note the cartoon depicts the true state of affairs in SOOL today hence:

Somaliland: Dadkyga nation manifesto

Putland: Rerkayga----qabiil manifesto

In this day and age perhaps its high time Putland came of age and joined us in the real world of democracy and respect of law and self determination.

Dusty.

All this picture portrays is the dream of my fellow countrymen from Hargeisa, and nothing more. Amin Amir does not have the faintest idea as to the real settings in Las Anod, and his artistic prowess derives momentum from contemporary “marfish” talk in the coffee houses in Toronto: Neither is it reliable nor is it objective.

Rokko   

The SS&H issue

The people are:

DIVIDED on Support for Abdullahi Yussuf himself as many other puntlanders are.

NOT DIVIDED on having close political, economical and cultural ties with Nugaal, Mudug and Bari regions of puntland.

Anyone can say whatever they want na'mean. But the fact remains that Sool, Sanaag and Hawd(now Cayn) regions will always be part of Somalia na'mean. Puntland will survive.

The picture is an insult to the people of SOOL.

This picture is a joke, the people of Sool have decided long ago that they are Somali's first and they belong to the republic of Somalia.

Like Mobb Deep said, Puntland will survive.

N.O.R.F   

Smithy

the people of Sool have decided long ago that they are Somali's first and they belong to the republic of Somalia.

How did u come to this conclusion? Since A Yousuf came to prividence?

Samy:

All this picture portrays is the dream of my fellow countrymen from Hargeisa, and nothing more. Amin Amir does not have the faintest idea as to the real settings in Las Anod, and his artistic prowess derives momentum from contemporary “marfish” talk in the coffee houses in Toronto: Neither is it reliable nor is it objective.

Insults :rolleyes: , so how should the pic look like, give us a creative description of the 'real'situation in Pland,,,,,,,,,,

Mobb

The picture is an insult to the people of SOOL.

I feel the picture could not have been drawn better, illustrating the real situation, qabilism is playing a big role in this, the ppl of Sool were happy and content with being part of Somaliland until this qabil issue was awakened by this monster A Yousuf. So stop with the we want Sool to be part of Pland and Somalia rubbish, its all based on 'qabil' and what they think is best for their qabil for the future. ie will we be better off in Pland/somalia with view to having an influence in any future government in Somalia. The truth aint pretty for some, but those who recognise the 'real' issues and reasons behind the smoke screen shall be better informed and shall not result to insults etc,,,,,,,,,,

peace and am out!

Intel   

Originally posted by Mobb_Deep:

The SS&H issue

The people are:

DIVIDED on Support for Abdullahi Yussuf himself as many other puntlanders are.

NOT DIVIDED
on having close political, economical and cultural ties with Nugaal, Mudug and Bari regions of puntland.

23_1_31.gif

LANDER   

:D lol...

I have to admit this picture is funny, whats most funny about it is that the character doesn't even look somali. I think he looks more like the skinny sudanese version of Saddam Hussein.

Lighten up ppl, I know this is the politics forum but I think jokes transcend political lines. I seen a picture of Mandeeq one time with Riiyaale's picture as its head, I thought that was hilarious.

India   

Lander Inader

Its all kool here. Damn its easy to get these putland bunch going tho.

Samuria

Just listen to your self. Tell me this:

If the people of Sool where for Puntland--why is it then that A/Yusuf felt inclined to send in his malitia to intimdate the residents???

Obviously his confidence that the people of sool want to be part of Putland is not as great as yours and I further put it to you shows the true nature of the wishes of the people of LA.

Secondly-lately your replies are undertoned with insults--what inclines a man of your age and wisdom to stoop so low??

Infact the same can be said for your equip namely Smithy and Sophist--would I be guilty of generalisation if I concluded the men of Putland are rude in nature and whimps in manner??

Mobb: " Puntland will survive" are you sure on this one?? DO you want to phone a friend---how about fifty fifty??

I personally not even sure the bloody place exists??

Dusty.