Sign in to follow this  
me

Abdulahi Yusuf collapses

me   

Somali interim leader collapses

President Yusuf was treated for bronchitis last month

Somalia's interim President Abdullahi Yusuf has fallen ill and been flown to neighbouring Ethiopia for treatment.

The BBC's Yusuf Hassan Mursal says Mr Yusuf, 72, collapsed on Friday morning in the seat of government, Baidoa.

Prime Minister Nur Hussein Hassan said his condition was not serious, but close aides have suggested otherwise.

The president, who had a liver transplant 14 years ago, was last month admitted to a Kenyan hospital, suffering from bronchitis.

Ethiopia helped Somalia's transitional government end the Union of Islamic Courts' (UIC) six-month rule over large parts of southern Somalia a year ago.

Since then the government has been battling insurgents in the capital, Mogadishu.

The UN says 60% of the residents of the capital, Mogadishu, have fled their homes because of fighting in recent months.

Somalia has not had a functioning national government since 1991.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7171370.stm

A.J.   

The guy is on his last legs. would be interesting to see what tone Dukey will be singing when is Uncle is no more

Blessed   

I hope, he uses this time to reflect on his actions, reconsider his position and repent to Allah.

..does he want to leave this world for aakhira and be remembered as the man who brought an enemy state into Somalia, who helped kafirs kill innocent Muslims?

May Allah guide him before his death.

Blessed   

^If he dies in this state, the country will remain in the same state. He'd probably appoint a close ally and the spineless 'parliment' will go along with it.

However, if he corrects his ways and starts to make changes, at least wuu is qabtay.

I doubt that it will happen, but Allah is giving this man so many chances.

Baashi   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

I hope, he uses this time to reflect on his actions, reconsider his position and repent to Allah.

..does he want to leave this world for aakhira and be remembered as the man who brought an enemy state into Somalia. Who helped kafirs kill innocent Muslims.

May Allah guide him before his death.

Maa shaa Allah. Some curse the man probably out of hate others do lil nasteexo. Stark difference.

May Allah show him the rightoues path. May Allah make him realize that the way to end the conflict ravaging his nation -- a nation torn apart by conflict -- is to create conditions for sustainable peace.

Thankful   

QUOTE] I hope, he uses this time to reflect on his actions, reconsider his position and repent to Allah.

What action? I have been to Puntland recently and witnessed the absolute love people have for him there. Sure for many of the major reer's have issues with him, but believe me he's a hero among his people in Puntland. How’s that phrase go "one man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter" or something like that.

..Does he want to leave this aakhira and be remembered as the man who brought an enemy state into Somalia. Who helped kafirs kill innocent Muslims

I HEAR THIS ALL THE TIME and it makes me laugh the most. Somalis from the Somaliland, Puntland and the South used Ethiopian weapons and training to attack Siad Barre and destroy their whole entire nation. These kaafirs help you destroy your nation and this resulted in everyone running to their tribal lands and causing hundreds of thousands of deaths. Making huge division and playing right into Ethiopian hands. They sure weren't "enemies and kaafirs" when you used them to help destroy your nation. The same people that are claiming they are our enemies now went to them for help. I know what the answer will be; "we didn't actually bring their troops to our soil". My point is, if they are such enemies you would have never used them back then! There are a lot of people that need to repent for what they did to Somalia and it started a long long time ago.

bilan   

mojority of the people hate him for very personal reason that has nothing to do with somalia, nothing will change if he dies, he was not the reason that somalis were fighting for the past 17 years.

Xoogsade   

He might as well go to hell honestly, I don't give a rat's behind. He will be a dead warlord, a criminal, a man with blood on his hands.

It is silly to expect people to love him and wish him good when he is responsible for countless deaths and misery, crimes for which he shoulders in his sick-bed while clanist hypocrites defend him.

May he die a painful death and rott in hell as well afterwards.

Dadka ma shiixaan miyaa horta. Purely for tolnimo ninkana u support gareeyo. For a mini-second soo reflection kuma dhacdo and see the result of his abhorable policies and actions that stretched three decades long, and especially considering the carnage his policies led to the last year alone; don't they have a mind of their own to reflect and see what he did to themselves, to their families, iskaba dhaaf Soomaaliweyn kale?

Hebel hadduu Cirfiid yahay xataa waala daba taaganyahay, I see, how deadly dangerously decimating his myopic, clan-directed policies were [are] or not.

Acuudi bilaahi mina sheydhaani rajiim, waxaan waa pure blindess, a symptom of sheer qabyaaladnimo dad ku raagtay.

If he expires this saacad or ten years from now, nothing will change of what he did to Soomaalis, to Soomaaliya. Soomaaliya waxa dhulka dhigay is not a one person. Qashin asaga la mid ah, kaba daran ayaa joogo oo 'fursad' u maleyn doono kursigaas in uu wax weyn yahay.

NinBrown   

Hatred is every where...while wishing death and hell on another muslim individual...i suggest we look at our actions...some might be closer to death and hell than the old man....just a friendly advice