Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SOMALIA: No high school, no hope in Gedo : Thank you Barre Hiiraale , Barre JVA

Originally posted by Thankful:

We remember the mid-90s before Hiiraale had to make alliances, Morgan use to sit comfortably.

Doing what ?? Nothing ?? ,,,, coz there were no high schools & universities at that time .. :D

Originally posted by NASSIR:

Thanks to President Mohamed Siyad Barre for building roads and sea ports in Berbera and Bosaso.

SL and PL are relatively in advantageous position because the residents of the said regions and their core leaders simply inherited the economic infrastructure left in tact by the last legitimate Government of Somalia and late Mohamed Siyad Barre,
the last national leader Somalis had.

Why do you need to dig Siyad Barre from the grave? LOL Have people nothing else to soothe their low self esteem? Siad Barre died 15 year ago. You no longer get anything for clapping for Kacaan. lol You missed out on the free lunch. Tough luck bro.

NASSIR   

^Barre made Somali history and his legacy lives forever. And the fact that he built the economic engine of other regions and not of his own region only shall continue to burnish his legacy as a national leader or hero.

Btw, I'm not not from Gedo saxib.

^Your account of the issue is not quite correct. Contrary to you suggestion, I believe it is about the people, how resourceful they are and how they focus their resources into developing their home regions or cities. Only in the last decade or so, smaller cities have went from being a small village like city and magnificently expanded, cities like Laascaanood and Goldogob with stylish housing, schools, higher educational institutions, medical care facilities and fast connections, even Cadaado is doing better today....

It's about the poeple adeer, I don't think the politician that led SL/PL have spent a peny of the economic machine you talk about into developing a dime on the ground in both regions, its the people of Galkacyo, Bosaso, Hargeisa and Burco that made the difference.

NASSIR   

Kuun, the main source of PL's revenue base is the Bosaso port, followed by remittances. Don't take it for granted!

In addition to political stability, a functioning port spurs economic activity and thus local development in terms of a few "stylish houses or schools".

The south by contrast is a war zone.

Yes PLers and SLers deserve to be credited for maintaining a stable environment but don't ever forget that inter-regional roads and the ports are the economic engine of the two states. Diaspora Remittances either come first or next, followed by an International

development aid.

Al-Manhal, the Kuweiti NGO and other UNDP programs have helped built many schools in those regions including secondary schools.

The people of Gedo only need a stable environment and some form of democratic institutions and an access to a functioning port. The rest of decorative stuff shall follow suit.

Originally posted by NASSIR:

^Barre made Somali history and his legacy lives forever. And the fact that he built the
economic engine
of other regions and not of his own region only shall continue to burnish his legacy as a national leader or hero.

Btw, I'm not not from Gedo saxib.

The funny thing is you actually believe this stuff. Its quite comical. Nothing worse than "saambuuse laga eedaamay". I could careless which region you're from. What I do know is the days of clapping for Kacaan are long gone. You might want to get a new card, the Xisbiga Hantiwadaaga Soomaliyeed is no more. This is sincere Nasteeha advice.

NGONGE   

^^ Adigu na secessionist ayaay kaga dagtay and you missed the queer situation of a Shababi supporter praising the former president of Somalia. :D

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

Ace, its gone waa run lakin the man did a lot. Intaas miyaa ku dhibeysa?. Shalyna adoo sayidka ka canaanyoonayaan ku arkaayey.

Maaddeey, lets be real bro. Barre's legacy is dark. There's no need to shed light on it. Let the man rest I say. People need to move on, always looking back will have you in a time warp. There's nothing more amusing than the slogans of yesterday still being chanted "GUUL WADOW SIYAAD AABIHII..." Qofba siduu u yaqaan heesta ha u dhamaystiro. LOL