Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SOMALIA: No high school, no hope in Gedo : Thank you Barre Hiiraale , Barre JVA

Originally posted by Thankful:

Ace, why forget? I agree that people's opinion on Siad vary, but many countries continuously refer back to their past leaders...in the U.S look at Lincoln, Kennedy and others.

Other countries don't forget about their past leaders, I don’t see why we have to. [/QB]

LOL You're comparing what Barre did for Somalia and What Lincoln & Kennedy did for USA? LOL Are you serious?

My point is, there's no need to beat a dead horse. Barre was last century. Lets get with the times. I don't see any one in Germany discussing how efficient the german riech was LOL in the present day. Most Germans would love to move on from that dark chapter in their history. I'd assume free thinking Somalis would want to move on and look forward instead of the ugly past and try to find some solace. Unless of course we want to be like GOLAHA SACABKA.

Basically my point is, Barre is dead. Let him rest. He's at the mercy of his Creator ALLAH SWT.

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

Ace, in your opinion there's nothing in between to sing along GUULWADOOW SIYAAD & to discredit all he did, his nationalistic attribute?.

Maaddeey

a) I thought Al-Shabab was against nationalism.

b) If Barre is a nationalist LOL then no wonder we share a different CITIZENSHIP. A nation that hails Barre a nationalist is wondering why there is so much chaos & trauma.

ILAAHOW HAA IYO MAYA HANAGA WADA YEEDHSIIN

In One Hand you are waving the Blue Flag and in the Other you got the Black ONE. You can't serve two masters bro.

Originally posted by NASSIR:

Ace, as Zack said, we can't forget abt the flaws and achievements of our past national leaders. Their triumphs and struggles. His past achievements nevertheless outweighs his erstwhile flaws. He has been dearly missed. (RIP).

I know you miss him. However, he aint here. LOL Wake up and smell the coffee no need to lament. Move on.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Ace of Spadez:

quote:Originally posted by Thankful:

Ace, why forget? I agree that people's opinion on Siad vary, but many countries continuously refer back to their past leaders...in the U.S look at Lincoln, Kennedy and others.

Other countries don't forget about their past leaders, I don’t see why we have to.

LOL You're comparing what Barre did for Somalia and What Lincoln & Kennedy did for USA? LOL Are you serious?

My point is, there's no need to beat a dead horse. Barre was last century. Lets get with the times. I don't see any one in Germany discussing how efficient the german riech was LOL in the present day. Most Germans would love to move on from that dark chapter in their history. I'd assume free thinking Somalis would want to move on and look forward instead of the ugly past and try to find some solace. Unless of course we want to be like GOLAHA SACABKA.

Basically my point is, Barre is dead. Let him rest. He's at the mercy of his Creator ALLAH SWT. [/QB]
Look, you are surprised that I compared Siad Barre to Lincoln and Kennedy, and then you turn around and compare him to German Reich?

If you see what Nassir is writing and what you are saying about him you will see that you both have two polar opposite opinions of the man. To Nassir, Siad is a hero and he wants people to remember his legacy! Just like many other countries have past hero's that have been dead for centuries, for instance we still learn about Julius Caesar and other European leaders.

For some like you it was an ugly past and for others Siad reign was our most prosperous era.

So, don't those who see Siad in a positive light have every right to mention him?

Look at Hargeysa Airport; did they not name it Egal Airport after a former leader that passed away? Why’d they do it? To honor and remember him right?

Thankful, you seem like you enjoy chasing your own tail. LOL Waa sidee. WAX FAHAN as NGONGE wouls say. Its pure & simple. I hope you understand SOMALI. DHIDIR XABAALO QODAY QUDHUN BUU UGA DHAADHACAA. LOL All I"m saying is let Barre rest, he doesn't need any more publicity. He's infamous already. :D

Barre, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, LOL you get the picture. What good can come out of discussing this man other than regurgitating on the screen?

^ To imply that Somalia under Barre is comparable to Russia under Stalin or Cambodia under Pol Pot is not literally wrong, rather it falls under the category of historical claims that are so ahistorical - indeed asinine - that they are not even wrong. The old Somali despot is responsible for various crimes, but his iniquities were that of a petty thug compared to the Soviet horrors of the Gulag and the gruesomely efficient killing feilds left behind by the Khmer Rouge.

Thankful   

Prometheus good point!

Personally, I understand why some speak of him favorable and why some like Ace do not. I am against forgetting about our historical leaders as that would bring no benefit. Some (mostly secessionists) want us to forget.

I believe however that much can be learned from our former leader. He was able to control Somalia for close to two decades which in itself is a incredible feat.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

quote:Originally posted by NASSIR:

His achievements nevertheless outweighs his erstwhile flaws.

Subjective logic there...Barre was good to you? Cool, to each own.
Fyi, reer Maakhir was the first group to be branded as wholesale anti-revolutionaries and thus the first to face discrimination in terms of allocation of political seats until Ciro's abortive coup.

Here is I.M Lewis giving concise illustration.

"..the general public (both rural and urban) tends to regard the S.R.C. as it did previous civilian governments, and expects it to be equally representative in lineage composition.
Thus the Council is largely assessed in terms of the lineage identities and assumed loyalties of its members, and changes in its ranks are interpreted in the light of all this all-pervasive lineage logic.

Similarly, when the former police commander and first Vice President
General Korshell
was abruptly arrested and charged with organizing an 'imperialist" counter-revolution, some commentators interpreted as a shrewd move devised to correct the S.R.C.'s supposed over-representation of senior **** members.

Gudoomiyihii Gobolka Gedo ee Dowladada Soomaliya oo maalintii 2-aad ku jira Xabsiga ciidamada Ethiopia iyo sarkaal ka dalbadey in Dowladu ay soo faragaliso xarigaas

Maxamed Cabdi kaliil oo ahaa gudoomiyihii Gobolka Gedo ee dowlada Soomaliya oo maalintii 2-aad xabsiga ciidamada Ethiopia ku jira ayaa waxaa xarigiisa ka hadaley sarkaal ka mida kuwa ku sugan degmada Doolow ee Gobolka Gedo oo lagu magacaabo Siyaad Cabdi Kaliil oo codsi u soo direy madaxda sare ee Dowlada Sooaamliya iyo kuwa Ethiopia in la siidaayo.

Wararka laga helayo degmada Dowlow ee Gobolka Gedo ayaa waxaa ay shegayan in Xariga masuulkaan aan ila hada lagareyn waxa sababey isla markaasn aysan jirin cid ilaa hada ka hadashey iyadoo la ogaa in mudo dher ay ku sugnayeen Degmada Dolow Soomaaliya oo inti aan ciidamadu kaxeysa uu kulamo kula lahaa Xildhibano ka tirsan kuwa Dowlada Soomaliya iyo Srakiil ka tirsan ciidamada Gobolka Gedo ee Dowlada Soomaliya.