Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

HUGE EXPLOSIONS IN HARGEISA

Khayr   

I don't think ThePoint has a Point to make. It is just sentiment. Your angry and you want to point a finger at the wadaads.

ElPunto   

^Is it really so difficult? And it's not a central argument to the Somali tragedy - it's about this particular incident.

Somalia has a huge problem with so called wadaads and their followers who are committing the worst types of atrocities in the name of Islam. And too few Somalis are ready to condemn them much less acknowledge it.

I mean look at this - 6 pages long and I can barely recall a single condemnation of an act carried out in the name of a religion we all share. What are you people all thinking? We had more ppl snidely proclaim that the North cannot be immune to the conflict etc. Really striking and I'm not even a Somaliland partisan or Puntland either.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Khayr:

I don't think ThePoint has a Point to make. It is just sentiment. Your angry and you want to blame a finger at the wadaads.

When someone perverts a religion you are a proponent of - I would expect some anger. But then - there are many illogical Muslims out there.

Is that all you have to say saaxiib? Is that the central argument you were talking about?

You want us to condemn a group you think somalia has a problem with!

Caku!

ElPunto   

^Excuse me for having a pulse. Apparently Xiin - nothing fazes you - not even a dangerous and unprecendeted new tactic in Somalia's long running clan conflicts that could lead much worse to come. And which is a massive perversion of Islam. Caku waa taas.

Point saxib, you are wasting your energy on these individuals. They are deluding themselves.

The actions today highlight that we are dealing with a dangerous mindset. We shall overcome this new fad insha Allah. To call them Wadaad's is highlighting the depth some have fallen in beliving their own lies.

The Point, yours is (I must admit) a noble pulse! But this sweeping generalization of wadaads being the cause or the primary driver of Somali conflict as your words imply is grossly unfair! If it’s your anger at this particular ncidentthat threw you off balance, then the real question becomes where have you been for the last two decades brother? Is this a new thing? Did it not happen before? And for you to assume who actually did this while no one even claimed it shows your bias adeer!

No sane person with Islaaminimmo would rejoice the death of innocent! Even if one is angry at the policies of those corrupt admins in the North, these tactics will probably have reverse effect and will not bring any positive changes. It’s a debase tactic.

Truth is though; the north is part of Somalia. Somalia is ablaze! Hence although I am saddened by today’s incident, I am not surprised. And unless the Somali conflict gets resolved in a holistic manner, this, and I am sorry to say it, is the future!

Ilaahay naxariisti jano ha ka waraabiyo dhamaan inta ku geeriyootay falkan nacabka naftooda nacay horseedka ka yahay. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the deceased loved ones. We hope for speedy recovery to all those that are hurt or wounded.

The motive of this cowardly act of terrorism are clearly political and not only because of the targets but also the timing. Had they succeeded the worse outcome, it was designed to maximise the destablisation of Somaliland.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

The Point, yours is (I must admit) a noble pulse! But this sweeping generalization of wadaads being the cause or the primary driver of Somali conflict as your words imply is grossly unfair! If it’s your anger at this particular incident becomes where have you been for the last two decades brother? Is this a new thing? Did it not happen before? And for you to assume who actually did this while no one even claimed it shows your bias adeer!

No sane person with Islaaminimmo would rejoice the death of innocent! Even if one is angry at the policies of those corrupt admins in the North, these tactics will probably have reverse effect and will not bring any positive changes. It’s a debase tactic.

Truth is though; the north is part of Somalia. Somalia is ablaze! Hence although I am saddened by today’s incident, I am not surprised. And unless the Somali conflict gets resolved in a holistic manner, this, and I am sorry to say it, is the future!

You're just not getting it. Duke understands better than you. This is a dangerous mindset at work to say the least. What's to stop it from next blowing up hotels and schools now? I mean - are there no limits to how this political conflict is to be waged? And it's something that has to be tackled even if a stable political entity is formed.

We are already a failed state where conflict has been a staple for decades(within certain playing rules) but now we have a new more horrific tactic at work. And this escalation means nothing? We are on our way to becoming Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq. And it doesn't even faze folks in here.

Adeer - I am not saying Shariif is behind it or that nincompoop in Asmara - but the neighbourhood isn't far off. Because this idealogy and brainwashing stems from certain players on the Somali scene - self styled wadaads. It does not stem from the admins up north or the traditional clan leaders in the south.

This is a dangerous escalation and it's not clear to me it won't get more common. And the previous few attempts before, while reprehensible as a tactic, were directed at A/Y or the Ethiopians - hardly folks who you shed tears for.

The Point, if you really think a conflict in a failed state has rules and there is stability to it, then (and I mean this) I have overestimated your raw intelligence!

What I am saying is very simple: unless the core conflict gets resolved, talking about an explossion here and there waa garaad yari adeer!

Iska sug marka tuuladaada xunta ahna la qarxiyyo...then blame that group or whatever!

ElPunto   

^You're just not getting it. A serious escalation of an ongoing conflict is not things as usual or a run of the mill 'explosion here and there'. It's more serious than that. It creates more division, distrust, retaliation and hardens extreme positions. I'm not sure why that is still not apparent to you. But it would still be a mistake to level at you the accusation you leveled at me.