Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Maybe United Somalia was never meant to be!

Nazra   

That's right..united somalia wasn't meant to be. I would consider it a great achievment for my people IF somalia is found in the map in the next 50 yrs. :D

Mujahida   

MashaAllah I admire some people's hopes for a better somalia " InshaAllah". It might come but I don't BELIEVE in that, Don't most definitely Believe that it'll happen during my life time.

Salamat

mojam   

Yes, Somalia was meant to be a united nation!!! It’s just that the wrong people have taken the leadership seats. There is no hatred between the average Somalis but it’s these leaders/warlords/beggars etc. who brainwash many people with useless tribalism. The average Somali believes in the Unity of Somalis in every corner of the Somali region and that’s something that these so-called leaders cannot destroy. Trust me all these leaders who want to be ‘someone’ on top will not have their way for long. It will not be long before the people wake up and realize that they’ve been misled by them.

Also, even though I agree with Nafisa when she said that ‘Somalia today is more vulnerable.” I still think the concept of a mini-state is more dangerous than the failed state that exists now. At least now all the maps on the planet show a country called Somalia, and its flag. I really don’t think anyone should ever run to divisions, in any case.

Guevara said: “These ministates don't have to be independent forever as I believe in more peaceful and prosperous times, eventual reunifacation process can start.” How many states have you seen that have disintegrated and in prosperous times where united again? Trust me ones a country disintegrates it will never be united again, not in prosperous nor in peaceful. It just never happens. It’s didn’t happen in Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia, Ethiopia-Eritrea, Pakistan-East Pakistan (Bangladesh), Korea, Columbia, and Indonesia! Etc. Germany’s case was a different case. Hell we couldn’t even get Jabouti when it became independent, eventhough Somali was prosperous and peaceful then.

Now imagine giving all the Caydiids, Caatos, Yuffus, and Hassans, each their own state. Now they will be considered legitimate leaders who are heads of states. They will receive foreign aid. They will tax people and businesses. If they have to they will even sell land to foreign companies who will dump all their toxic waste there to get some of that extra dollar$. In turn all the money will not be used to make the life of the average citizen better but to buy ammunitions and weapons. It will get to the point where each one of them will have fighter planes and missiles. Then you will see mini-state A fighting mini-state B, over some territory. Of course with heavier weapons than what they pocess now! And the average person will be caught in the middle of this. You already see something similar to what I said above happening in Somaliland-Puntland.

I think we all also have an idea of how weak Somalia would be when divided in mini-states. It will be like Arabia today. We will have to have foreign protection, which is how some of the somali teritorries were given away to Ethiopia and Kenya long ago.

Another point worth mentioning is that these mini-states will also have to compete to survive and will in turn be exploited. Most likely since they will be in the same region they will have the same types of products to sell and the same types of services to offer. Something similar to that is also happening between Jabuti-Somaliland over the ports because they’re both competing for one customer, Ethiopia. Imagine mini-state A selling live stock to Saudi Arabia. What would you do if you were mini-state B and wanted some of that market? Put the prices on your livestock down. Then A will do the same, and so will C. Thus, you will be forced to lower your prices even more. See the danger mini-states pose economically?

Haystak   

I am joining this conversation late, but I just wanted to speak my mind on it, since it is an interesting topic. Well to consider Somalia, a nation with no hope is giving up to easily. The world super power America was not immune to a civil war. They had a very bloody battle between North, and South some time back. However today, they are more united then ever. America is not the only example…we can stay relevant, within Africa. It is hard to name more then three African nations, who haven’t gone through a civil war. Moreover, if you were to study some of the African nations, who have experienced before us, what we are going through now. You would bet your life savings, that they would never find peace. However through talks, even the most ethnically diverse of them, found peace through all the hate. A good example of what I am talking about is Angola. This mineral resource rich nation, has seen the longest civil war in Africa. Twenty-seven years to be exact, and they have finally turned in the guns, in exchange for a better tomorrow. Somalia is a nation long over due for a civil war. Many years of misunderstanding each other, with no communication between the tribes. To some how resolve, and prevent a confrontation, added up, and finally played out a very long over due war. I don’t support the civil war, but I believe it is something that just had to happen. Even if we didn’t go to war with Ethiopia, or send troops to attack the Northern portion of our nation. It was just bound to happen. This civil war, has done something today, that probably wouldn’t have happened on it’s own. It has forced all sides to show their anger, and see the need to talk, and find a resolution. The international community is not ready to accept new nations into the UN. Africa alone already has 53 members, and that’s one too many, in the opinion of other non-African UN members. To divide Somalia into three, four, five, or whatever, would just be pointless. We will keep dividing, until each tribe has a nation, the size of a small neighborhood, to call their home. If countries like Angola, and Sierra-Leone, which has three major religions, and over eleven official languages, can find peace, then so can we. Who ever said that the new generation has given up hope for unity is wrong. Many Somalis, in-fact the majority of old and young still believe there is hope. Part of my family is from Somaliland. However, I like the rest of my family know there will never be a Somaliland. In addition, nor would I ever want to see an officially recognized Somaliland, or any other land. Somalia is a nation with a lot of potential. However, that potential can only be realized, when united. We have a very long coast, the longest one in Africa, may I add. The fishing and ports alone would bring billions of dollars to the country. Moreover, the possibility of off shore oil, makes it all the more better, when you have a large coastline to search. Somalia divided, is exactly what Ethiopia, and Kenya would like to see. As a divided nation, we will have very little say in the region of East Africa, let a lone Africa as a whole. Countries like Ethiopia will only continue to grow, and bully us around. Before our civil war, Somalia was a very influential nation in the region, and that scared our neighbors. They want to capitalize on our weak state, and give every breakaway region, fake recognition. We need to see through their fake friendships, and realize Somalia is better off as one nation, united under one government, and flag. The only ones, who support a divided Somalia, are the warlords who have benefited from it. They realize that once stability returns their cash flow from corrupt business will stop, and their lives will be in danger. Anyway, I have said, what I wanted to say. I would just like to conclude by saying. I want all Somali people to sit, and think hard, of what they can do to return stability, and unity to their nation. I don’t care where you live today, or what your status in society is. We can all make a difference in our country. A lot of us who live abroad, could start by sending letters to our local, or national governments, of where ever we know reside. And let them know, of the need to stabilize Somalia, and get rid of corrupt warlords. Once again, I ask all of to think of how to unite Somalia, and not how to divide Somalia. We just can’t sit around, waiting for the people back home, to come up with a resolution. We all want to run away, and not help. However, we all have dreams, of returning to do business, once stability returns. Isn’t that very selfish, and ignorant?

Salaan...

Soomaali diidoow sicir u dhimo

I have nothing to say than that maahmaah.

ProudSister:

You make me proud, indeed. And hang on there, sister. I am sure there are plenty of silent readers out there who do have that optimist attitude, and have faith in our propitious nation.

Soomaali iyo Soomaaliyaba Ilaahaa u gargaaro: Aamiin!!

Macsalaama!!

La-y-La   

Maybe, I have ma hopes and I will never lose hope in Somalia, thats one thing I know 4 sure.

Illahayow wadankey nabad kadhig.

peace.

Thierry.   

Brothers & Sisters patience is a virtue.

many of the so called large and united nations were not always so coherent there was a time when they to had dark days, as the brother has mentioned US went through that stage.

unfortunately our beloved nations is at this phase at the current time.

i say patience because many of us in the western are in full time education to contribute anything to somalia,

the West as bad as it is have provided us with facilities which we can use for our own advantage.

We should NOT expect nor accept a resolution from the so called warlords, these are immoral men who only care about their own interest.

Finnish your tasks where you are currently situated and use your enhanced knowledge to implement and innovate Somalia.

I am a young man and havent seen my nation in 17 years, call me optimistic but i have dreams of taking a role in the reconstruction of Somalia.

I refuse to let my future children go through their life hood without a home.

It is us how have knowledge therefore it is us who should guide our nation to the right path.

I certainly want to be a member of the SAVIOURS of Somalia not the ones who gave up.

I hope my little words shall be a inspiration on those who feel they are loosing hope.

Our people back home are waiting for our help, we should not be waiting for them.

SALAM

" Brothers & Sisters patience is a virtue.

many of the so called large and united nations were not always so coherent there was a time when they to had dark days, as the brother has mentioned US went through that stage.

unfortunately our beloved nations is at this phase at the current time.

i say patience because many of us in the western are in full time education to contribute anything to somalia,

the West as bad as it is have provided us with facilities which we can use for our own advantage.

We should NOT expect nor accept a resolution from the so called warlords, these are immoral men who only care about their own interest.

Finnish your tasks where you are currently situated and use your enhanced knowledge to implement and innovate Somalia.

I am a young man and havent seen my nation in 17 years, call me optimistic but i have dreams of taking a role in the reconstruction of Somalia.

I refuse to let my future children go through their life hood without a home.

It is us how have knowledge therefore it is us who should guide our nation to the right path.

I certainly want to be a member of the SAVIOURS of Somalia not the ones who gave up.

I hope my little words shall be a inspiration on those who feel they are loosing hope.

Our people back home are waiting for our help, we should not be waiting for them.

SALAM "

I dont think i could describe my feelings any better than the noble rookie has. Saxiib i have most diffenatly not given up on the idea of one day going back and helping in the restoration of somalia.

Inshallah some day in the future we will all have the chance to do so not with standing our continued ignorance as regards our simingly eternal impass over the qaabil issue. But allahamdulilah am an optimist rather than a persimist.

Damn!

Nomads, you are too young to be this pessimistic! Somalia isn't dead, it isn't better off divided and we are not all animals.

Like someone already said, many countries have already gone thru what we are going thru today (and those that haven't yet, will). The problem isn't Somalia alone, most of Africa is facing the same difficulties we are, so I don't think our country should be written off that quickly.

Tribalism, conflicts over land and other resources and raids and massacres have always existed in Somali society. It isn't something new, so we should consequently assume that it isn't going to end. It's part of our culture, part of our heritage, something we gonna have to learn to live with.

So, what's left? The lack of a decisive leadership. That is where we need help. Multiple leaders won't work (as every Somali thinks they can be/are a leader). I think we need one leader. One charismatic, nationalistic and ruthless leader. Someone powerful enough to rise above all the tribal affiliations and corruption. Someone who sees the bigger picture and isn't interested only in their stomach. Basicly, we need another Sayid Maxamed Cabdulle Xasan. Some of you may violently disagree or worse wish me dead, but that's what I believe. I'm sure such a leader would sort Somalia out one way or the other!

Somalia will never be dead, as long as a thinking Somali lives.

nuune   

barwaaqo,thanks for noting that,

we are a live,not dead,we somalis are alive,not dead,our country is alive,not dead,take easy guys,blame those horrible qabqabyaal,not the country!!

and by the way,somalia is united,if not,it will happened soon or may i say as soon as possible!!

Ladiif   

Well said Barwaaqo. Keep the hope alive somalis. Lets stay together and pray to AlMighty-Allah and Insha-Allah, we will have peace and tranquility in somalia soon, God willing. Amiin.

Dugsi maleh qabyaaladi waxay dumiso mooyaane!!

Blessed   

I don't know. I always loved the Idea of Federal states. Keeps everyone satified, I suppose. And before ya'll shoot me down and disagree, as yourselve ... what is the greatest Empire on earth today?

See it works. We can be united and devided and be great!

shyhem   

Originally posted by ProudSista:

Salaam

Sheymen your out off the list your the worst Somalia is what DEAD....Brotha SOMALIA is a live and iff your to blind to see than open your eyes your a sleep !

pROUDSISTA

I'm not really surprised to hear that from ya, coz its now clear to me that we don't shares the same ideals nor do we see things from the same angle,maybe its b'coz i have seen many places and faces and haven't lost any piece of my culture or my way of thinking.

What's my point ?well to start with i neva said I wished SOMALIA DEATH BUT I STILL STAND MY GROUND,that's somalia in my eyes is dead.Do u know what it means to declare something dead,i mean dead like it can no longer serve the purpose it was meant to be.

Do U know that Somalia is the only country in the world to go without a central gov't, atleast for aperiod of ten years or more?Now is that the record of a "sane nation" or one u 'll like to be proud of?

Somalia is beyond repair and if u think i'm wrong just take a look at the resume of those fighting for power or control of Somalia.They 've either killed somebody or are killing someone at the moment or they do intend to kill someone tomorow.They are not even a shamed of been in the midst of an african nation that had a peaceful election and i'm talking about the warlords meeting in Eldoret kenya.This guys are supposed to led Somalia into the future? MMMMMMMMMMMMH ME IS JUST WONDERING DOES THIS MEAN ILLITERACY RATE IN SOMALIA IS SO HIGH that this are the best educated men we can bring together.Don't U think something is wrong with equation.

Most of U guys are either naive or u just like hanging to past, where the first stage to the truth and reconcilliation is the DENIAL STAGE.

Haashim   

Shyhem, Sxb agree with u 100%.

Who do you think you are? And please Don't you tell me that am Naive or my thought's are Naive.

I have every right to say what i wonna say and iff you don't like it THEN DON"T READ IT!!

originally posted by proudsista.

Sister, sorry if u misunderstood my article

i didn't attack optimistic ppl, it's good always to be optimistic but i told them not to be too naive. if u want to treat situation u have to tell the truth.

our current and last 12 yrs situation is over all expectations. and if u can't see this reality we have different eyeglasses.

ALXAAJI MUUSE SUUDI YALAXOOW and his latest statement is just one example of our bitter situation, be aware ! I am not saying the others are better than him they also believe similiar but at least they didn't express publicly their ideas.

KOBO KAA WEYN HADDAAD GASHATID WAA KU DHIBTOONEE