Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

Wedding Planners

Ibtisam   

I don't know if we can attribute the £250 to the prophet Ms Moons.

There is maximum or minimum amount, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) paid different amounts to his wives.

- Umm Habibah (Abu Sufyan’s daughter), four thousand dirhams, (she was a rich women) while in case of the other wives it was generally five hundred dirhams. The dowry of the Prophet’s daughter, Fatima, was four hundred dirhams.

This amount cannot be understood in todays value but the important thing is that payment should be in the form of something that has a value

even though it may be small.

Bottom line as it says in the Quran:

The wealthy man according to his means, and the poor according to his means.

My advise; don't spend more on your wedding night than your mehr or marriage. For example if hubby can afford to throw £20,000 wedding, then £10,000 for mehr is pocket change.

Juxa,

Gabdha ha ka waalin. In this day and age, you need an emergency money should things go down South. Marka ask for as much as you can get out of him. Meher caday iyo wax u dhow maba la i maqashiiyo.

Ms. Moons,

First of all congrats! And yes, the meher is whatever you ask for.

Plan a beautiful wedding but don't go bankrupt.

Aaliyyah   

Juxa cadiga shegasid muxu yahay ma maqal geel badan la iga bixiyay ayeyeo igu tidhi loool...quraanka yaa diidaya..when he pays up he can include copy of a quran I would love that very muchhhh...it will bless the money :D

Ismalura bariga kama hadlayo hada ka hadlaya...

Ms Moon you are welc.

salaam

Ismalura   
Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

[QB] Juxa,

Gabdha ha ka waalin. In this day and age, you need an emergency money should things go down South. Marka ask for as much as you can get out of him. Meher caday iyo wax u dhow maba la i maqashiiyo.

@ C&H walahi true that. You need that back up incase hadhow meel xun lagaaga tago lakiin remember that is the sort of a thing a girl should keep in her mind. Aniga I have a problem with afkeyga iyo maskaxdeyda in aan kala ilaaliyo so I once said that to someone and boy was that ****** :D

Blessed   

Originally posted by Aaliyyah:

quraanka yaa diidaya..when he pays up he can include copy of a quran I would love that very muchhhh...it will bless the money
:D

LMAO, Aaliyah. Caadi matihid, wallahi.

MsMoons,

Waa runta, you should have input but as Juxa said prepare for battle and make sure that you have a short absolutely must have list and let your family and his fight out the rest. A wedding is very much a family event- honestlty the best weddings are the relaxed, understated family affairs..

Coming back to your questions, I suggest a luxurious tailor made guntino or sedex qayd.

Malika   

Ms Moon Congratulations!

Dont stress too much about the wedding day iyo the meher - waxaa kuu sugeyaa oo uu bahaan all your energy is the actual marriage. Good luck and May Allah bless your union,with happiness,prosperity and well being..Ameen

Chimera   

btw listen to Juxa please, this mission to suck your loved one dry is probably the biggest TURN OFF for any man. Trust me, I will give mine what she deserves, which inshaallah will be a nice number, and if I were to build a business empire in the next ten years, I would give her half!

but if she emulated some of you guys here, I would really rethink what i'm getting myself into, and try 'Go Compare', just incase.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Chimera:

btw listen to Juxa please, this mission to suck your loved one dry is probably the biggest TURN OFF for any man. Trust me, I will give mine what she deserves, which inshaallah will be a nice number, and if I were to build a business empire in the next ten years, I would give her half!

but if she emulated some of you guys here, I would really rethink what i'm getting myself into, and try 'Go Compare', just incase.

War dee naga qalee we can even do with out your few dollars but meher is a sign of respect and commitment to your wife. We won't burden them with what they don't have but they have to show that they are willing to give what they can. Didn't you hear Samatar sign 'nafteyda waan kuu huri lahaa, hantina kaa bixin lahaa' It is the kind of deduction we are asking for, we are not digging anybody's gold.

Aaliyyah   

are we talking abt hassan samatar....

was just listening to his song ma somaali baa tahay. Love that song...

sorry totally random has nothin to do with the discussions above...

salaam

Chimera   

Why do I get the feeling that the both of you will end up with handsome but broke/struggling farahs, that have you completely under their spell. :D

What happened?

The best Meher btw is buying a house in your wife's name, meaning if there is a divorce, the house is hers. Its about financial security, £10,000 won't last you very long.

Aaliyyah   

Adam, I thought earlier you implied we were gold diggers and now we gonna end up with broke handsome men...xagee wax ka qaldameen smile.gif ...

Ismalura, how can a handsome man compensate for being broke? sorry count me out...he better be handsome and rich...wax la dhaafayo ma leh lol

salaam

Chimera   

Hehe, I made the above assumption to bring out your true nature, Ismalura has no problem being a poor girl if her hubby is handsome lol, but Aaliyah would marry even Gollum if he was a billionaire kkkkkkk.

In fact i'm confident your dreams are always full of money, specifically Dollars, Dinars, Pounds and Marks. :D

Sometimes I bet you even chase it...

A_Sleepwalking_Person_Dreaming_Money_Roy

lol