Sign in to follow this  
Lychee

Will scrumptious food seriously capture his heart?

Lychee   

Let me cut to the chase...

The other day, I was having a conversation with my male cousin who happens to be a few years older than me, the subject of guur came up and I was like ‘’War tu yar iska guurso’’ and he was like ‘’I’m still young, no need to rush’ So I was like ‘’War bidaar xum ba ku gashay, dhowr iyo sodan jir na waa tahay ee maa cimri baa ku hadhay?

And do you know what his reply was ‘’Hablaha Soomaalidu laxooxdi yareed ee la walaaqi jiray ayaanay ba garanaayn ee maxaan ka guursani’’ He then went on to tell me about this friend of his who’s a newlywed, and how he always complains about his wife not cooking for him, he said my friend is always like ‘’Ni yahow, maxaay ii karini, anigaayba cuntoo iga sugaysa. Markaan shaqada ka soo baxoo ayay igu tirahda take away inoo soo qaad’’

I didn’t realise cooking was such a significant must. Waxaaban islaha, markaa lugu guursado... cuntada microwaveka la galiiyo, habeenkii ugu tuur, laakin yaaba iga yeelaya.

LOOOOOOL @ get us take away!!! Seriously wtf!!! :confused:

Naagtaas dameer maba laha!! :eek:

Knowing to cook is essential for the husband & wife you don't have to be no Jamie Oliver but at least know how to whip up something so you both don't starve in your house! Anaaba intaas ku shegi kara :rolleyes:

Kulmiye   

She better be done with the cooking by the time i get off from work or else- i will get a well train horse from Somalia:)

B   

my mother cooking is so good, no women will ever be able to compete. :D

Originally posted by Canjeex:

Not a must, but if she knows how, it would be a bonus
smile.gif

Are you being politically correct with women folks here?? ilahey inuu kugu salido mid take away kugu waasha miyaad rabtaa??

If she cant supersede my mothers cooking style,i dont see any reason i want to be with her.what is the point of marrying hadii qurigaada dab laga shideeynin??

Somalina   

"what is the point of marrying hadii qurigaada dab laga shideeynin?"

Adiga dabkaaga aawe? She might leave you first...think about that...

Juxa   

i will assume this is all is-tus-tus.

will wait for the married ladies to response lakin waxan idin dhihi lahaa alle kuuma keenin adunkan inad jiko kujirto 24/7

and if both husband and wife work, sometimes take away soo qabo wey dhici.

obviously if he can afford it and you can stay home all day, the least you can do is cook him bariis qarax ah and suugo saliid badan

LOL! I had a similar conversation with someone last night.I HATE cooking even though I CAN cook thanks to my mother who is the best cook in the neighborhood. In the past, I always disclosed that bit of info. as in please dont expect me to be Martha Stewart.I'm not a homemaker period!

What Most of Somali men dont understand is you cant have your cake and eat it two: you can either pick (A) the tradational wife who stays home all day, cooks, cleans and fusses over your neck tie and that would require you to fund all household expenses, plus her spending money, plus lacagta qaraabada loo diro, plus anythingelse she might have her heart set on it. OR (B)You get the career girl who contributes to financial stability of the family so you two can someday buy that house you've been eyeing or that new car. The way I see it, we're qaxooti and tyring to make it here.To be even placed in the horrid middle class, you need two working adults.

But there is a dreaded, ugly third option which most Somalis opt for: Two working people meet and they dont often discuss how their future will play out. The man wakes up in the morning and expects wifey to magically turn into Martha, the woman tries to oblige(after all we have the same culture), gets burned, gets pregnant, quits her job, stress escalates because money is tight now, the man gets burned out, fights insue....

THEN THEY FILE DOWN FOR WELFARE! PROBLEM SOLVED!

Malika   

^woow! easy woman..girl you got issues..Lol

As for 'is food the way to a man's heart'..Yes,to a certain extent.There is something about cooking delicious food for those whom you love,there is a certain warmth to it. I for one,do enjoy making delicious food for the family and the days I cant,take away or we endure hubbys bariis qalalaan is fine.. :D

Lol! You enjoy cooking delicious food Malika because it not a MUST! LOL! What if there is no can't in hubby's vocabulary as in haduu maqaayad wax ka gadayo ama worse gasp! uu jiko galayo, muxuu u guursaday awalba? icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

malika and CH,

cooking rubac baasto ah really is not the issue but as you have outlines above, couples must decide what family model they should follow.

if wife is at home, cooking, cleaning, ironing waxay uga dhex bixi within 2 hours, plenty of time for her fav tv-show etc or even looking after the kids

lakin she does 50 hours and i want 4 course meal. war orod aabahaa hakuu soo gado jaariyad :mad:

Malika   

^LOL

C&H..alhamdulillah,kasi oo kale maan helin. Actually I would have picked up the chauvanism earlier on,and it would have been 'hit the road jack'..lol

ps.Who should be in charge of family finances? e.g Food budgeting,clothe shopping etc

NGONGE   

All this thread needs is a clever man who can manipulate things and get the women here competing to show that they are great cooks (even though they work), their houses have the best decorations (and they chose them all) and that their fitter than a butcher's dog (with hardly any keep fit work). Where is A&T? :D