Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Somalia Campaign (resources for a PR campaign)

Paragon   

This is the reply I got from my MP. I would suggest we write to other MPs and directly start writing to Mr McCartney, The Foreign Office Minister for Somalia.

-----

499493071_9b286e4946.jpg

499493085_156a6f73b6.jpg

Ms DD   

Mr Husseynoow..I havent received anything from my MP and MEPs yet. Frank Dobson was recovering from heart problems last time I heard about him.

Paragon   

Thank you my fellow SOLers.

Cambaro...sorry to hear that, at least he is recovering. You will get a reply sooner, I hope. About the MEPs, I have tried to send an email but it got returned - wrong mail-address I think. I am going to try again. How long was it when you have written to your local MEP?

me   

a bit of topic, but how about a Somali youth peace conference? London this summer would be an ideal place.

Paragon   

^Ideal indeed. Actually, I forgot to mention that I recieved a txt message last night about the anniversary of the SYL, to be held in Camden. There are some friends there who would be spreading the word.

Me, any idea when the conference would be held?

me   

^I don't know man, I am saying we should organize one. Somewhere early August. Half the Somalis in the west would be vacationing in London anyways. Its just an idea, pass it through.

There are some low key SYL anniversaries celebrations overhere too today.

Juje   

Paragon I admire your effort to contact decission makers and I hope you dont give up.

Paragon   

^^Juje, thanks brother, that is the least I can do now.

PS: I don't think I am going to give up. I have had contacts with interesting people smile.gif . I am more interested in Politics now, although I am a Politics grad.

Me,

Brother, I think it is a good idea.

PS: personally, I might not be in London then.

me   

Doesn't matter, try to get the ball-rolling on your end. Anyone in London interested in this project please contact Paragon.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Paragon:

^Ideal indeed. Actually, I forgot to mention that I recieved a txt message last night about the anniversary of the SYL, to be held in Camden. There are some friends there who would be spreading the word.

Me, any idea when the conference would be held?

Sxb I know it might be late reply but the meeting will be held at the London Irish Centre 50 - 52 Camden Square, London, NW1 9XB.and it is going to start at 6:00 pm Insha ALlaah.