Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Somalia Campaign (resources for a PR campaign)

Paragon   

^^Thanks, Elysian. How are you doing lately sister? The demo is going to happen. Other brothers and sisters are on it. It should happen infront of 10 Downing St. on the 19th May. Xanthus suggested we hold one in Travalgar Sq. which is more central but due to permissions, it wasn't possible. The demo is already advertised in Somali sites like this:

499737941_0e7964c530.jpg

Abwaan iyo Nayrus thanks. I think as Me suggested, it is good to start rolling it. Nayrus good to know you are visiting London. I am sure our sister Xanthus would prove a great assest in this. I am leaving on the 24th insha-Allah - and might not be back for sometime. Marka I practically have days before I go.

Still, I would do all I can to get this to all the relevant community and youth organisations. I am being asked, by local Somali residents, to organise them in groups of 20ties and set up an appointment with their local MP or MEPs. If possible, do the same in many boroughs, which is a good idea. Get groups of British citizens to lobby our case in Westminster. If it works, make it a lobby group. Marka, we'll see how it goes- I might contact some Public Relations/Lobbyists to get them involved in this- but I have to do that through the net, Insha-Allah.

Originally posted by Elysian:

I've had some good experience of a christian organisation called Broderskapsrörelsen...I think they might be an international organisation, so in english they'd be called the Brotherhood movement.

No their very local. I'd recommend Frälsningsarmén instead ( the salvation army in english). Their international and can give you the pull your looking for.

Elysian   

Paragon, I'm not in denial anymore, I admit I'm a workaholic. My days are only filled with microscopic organisms...

Mr Economist, frälsningsarmen, really... jag kanske har fördomar smile.gif

Paragon   

^Good to hear, Ely :D . Now, by the time your thesis is done, you would've learnt to do self-diasgnosis. May your admittance lead to a productive life ;) .

Originally posted by Elysian:

Paragon, I'm not in denial anymore, I admit I'm a workaholic. My days are only filled with microscopic organisms...

Mr Economist, frälsningsarmen, really... jag kanske har fördomar
smile.gif

Their religious affiliations is the same shit but Frälsningsarmen har en mindre "religiös" position än Broderskapet faktiskt, mera mainstream det vill säga. Dessutom är deras internationella kontaktnät mer användbart för dessa ändamål än Broderskapet.

Elysian   

Paragon, I've enrolled to a 12 step program to treat my complaint, the first step being to admit... still haven't elevated from 1st step smile.gif

May your admittance lead to a productive life .

...thanks

Elysian   

TheSomaliEconomist, av nån okänd anledning har jag dålig uppfattning av frälsningsarmen... men för den skull kallar jag inte deras tro skit.

Paragon   

Up she comes.

Anyway, should update you guys about my previous correspondences with my (cool) MP Steven Timms (whom I'll be definately voting for Insha-Allah), and several UK government ministers. The last correspondent I recieved, with the help and intervention of my MP, was from the Foreign Secretary, Magret Beckket. In a letter of 4 pages she simply regurgitating the same nonsense any government propagandist would spit out. I wasn't happy at all. Time for other ways of lobbying. I am reading on other ways.

PS: I'll scan and post here Beckket's letters soon insha-allah.

Paragon   

Up she comes again.

This time, we should be concentrating on the MEDIA COVERAGE OF THE UPCOMING CONFERENCE taking place in WASHINGTON whose details our brother Castro has posted in this section.

Please write to all the media groups of America, and if you are in Europe, please do so to all media houses that have bearau or correspondents in Washington or the US in general.

Time to get writing folks.

Paragon   

^^Thanks brother. Insha-Allah I'll be more contacts information for you SOLers in N.America. I am doing the research now.

Also, I am writing to some American media outlets, institutions and senators, so I will share whatever responses I receive, Insha-Allah.

Don't stop doing your bit bro, and good luck.