Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

WAR DEG-DEG AH DAGAAL GOOR DHOWEYD KA QARXAY MAGAALADA DHAHAR

Taleexi   

Mr. Xiinfaniin, I believe neither you nor I has the time and resources to zoom in to the past and analyze the causes of the Somali anarchy and why Somalia failed as a state, however, I will slightly touch why our deep-rooted conflict inquires bold approaches and may be even odd ones at sometimes.

The causes of a failed state include but aint limited to; when a government can’t provide security, education, healthcare, infrastructure to its citizens and marginalizes a large segment of the society where handful of the population questions the legitimacy of the government and zetra. With all that said, when Somali’s central government collapsed and it disintegrated into its primitive ways of doing business, subsequent to that each tribe regrouped themselves in their regions; NOTE those regions that we associate with clans are not permanent since 50 years ago if you look the map up, clans were affected by natural pull/push factors and in 50 years from today we will not be talking about the current status quo….

After considering all other alternatives, I reached the decision of self-governed administration in SSC would be the best alternative to adapt, first and foremost for ourselves, and then for PL and SL. When our said state materializes we will raise the bar of competition within the three administrations, be that may trade, system of governance, security and education. Doing that will enable these administrations to cooperate their trio security concerns and development which eventually lead to a win-win scenario where this part of the country will be a power house in terms of economy and the way of governance.

Mr. Xiin I see the shortcomings of such a move for de facto Danwadaag State, but mark my word if even the way PL government does business isn’t changed and challenged now. I wouldn’t be surprised and it may become inevitable that more rift and tension kicks in within the remainder of the population where we may even see Reer Bari vs Reer mudug let alone Reer Sool, Sanaag and Buuhoodle. This reminds me the slogan of JF Kennedy which goes like "Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not." Therefore, why not Danwadaag State!, it never existed and envisioning it wouldn’t be a crime I guess! because even if we fail, we just have to blame ourselves and believe me life is all about trial and errors. I just want my people remove the shackles of SL, PL mercenaries(traitors) from themselves.

Finally, I agree with you that our approach is not a permanent solution to the Somali dilemma in the long run but for sure a temporary one which has also conformity the longtime envisioned of bottom-up approach.

Hope you understand our position.

Xudeedi   

Originally posted by Hunguri:

Originally posted by Dabshid:

PS:-

Maakhir,Dabshid, and M, I wont have an objection if you guys come up an action that can stop these boys with the uniform from the influence of both S-land and Puntland. But, no empty words!

They can simply change their supplied uniforms into locally made ones. Let us ask ourselves what benefit might result from being part of Puntland. It is not an internationally recognized entity instead it is regarded as grassroots level of self-management. Don't look at the brand names, it is all political to psychologically disarm you and make you more dependent. It does not matter what office or position you hold.

Our concern is that you should take care of your business and make your environment more peaceful and prosperous. As Paragon said, to wait someone else deliver you notes or tell you what to do is demeaning and has long-term effect on top of the deterioration of security and underdevelopment.

Lol@ lethal injection.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Maakhir:

quote:Originally posted by Hunguri:

Originally posted by Dabshid:

PS:-

Maakhir,Dabshid, and M, I wont have an objection if you guys come up an action that can stop these boys with the uniform from the influence of both S-land and Puntland. But, no empty words!

They can simply change their supplied uniforms into locally made ones. Let us ask ourselves what benefit might result from being part of Puntland. It is not an internationally recognized entity instead it is regarded as grassroots level of self-management. Don't look at the brand names, it is all political to psychologically disarm you and make you more dependent. It does not matter what office or position you hold.

Our concern is that you should take care of your business and make your environment more peaceful and prosperous. As Paragon said, to wait someone else deliver you notes or tell you what to do is demeaning and has long-term effect on top of the deterioration of security and underdevelopment.

Lol@ lethal injection.
It indeed has longtime psychological negative impact and our offspring may even feel inferior to their peers and in retrospect believe that they are incapable of doing anything for themselves.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

Waa fikir saliim ah, ee bartaa ka sii botoriya idinna! Beware tho' the wolf in the sheep's cloth!

Maakhir - waa adiga dhul Maakhir meegaaraye, maxaad ku hindistay in aad Mudug ka reebto Puntland inteeda kale? Mise waaba kaa dhab oo waa ay kula simbiriirixatay oo warba uma haysid in khariidadda kaa daba babanaysaa ay Nugaal uun ku eg tahay? Mise Eyl wixii Koonfur ka xigaa waa carra qalo?

Oo dee dhankaa iyo carro Jiidali iyana ha laga war hayo!

_40101922_somalia_sool_map203.gif

Waanu kaaga mahad celinaynaa hadaadba nala garatay in arrintani tahay feker bedqaba, ta kale saaxiib maxaad ku diiday haddaanu iska botorino,nin kastoo kaleba botoriye :D

Xagga qariirada Puntland wax baa ka khaldan laakiin siduu Maakhir sheegayba fariin kale inuu gudbiyo buu ka lahaa qariiradan.

Ha lays daba dhabooloqo, bal aan aragno dhaxalkee ;)

Paragon   

I will be back later on, Insha-Allah, to post my input into this topic, and also to answer the questions addressed to me. There are few contagious factors that need to be carefully managed, which if not, may only create further displeasure on the part of reer Sanaag and neighbouring populations.

Insha-Allahu, I'll be back.

Mansa - ari boowe waa fikir bad qaba, ee mar haddii Maakhir kuulaystay, reer Jiidali (Sool & Cayn) maxaa laga yeeli?

Botorintu ficil xun ma ahee, bal day? In badan ayaa sugayey in Maakhir si dhab ah u botoriyo!

Maakhir - boowe taasi 'excuse' kuu noqon maysee, khariidad kale, oo aan ahayn tan xalligan, ee dhagaraysan, ee reer 'Bush House' xardho!

RedSea   

Runtii,

You folks gathered here seem to be bright enough to unvail a new state, Danwanaag. Then ku kacadee, constituion kiina dajiya. Mar hore ayaad dhamayn leedayn. Hadal haamo lagama buuxsho ayaa layidhi.

Sorry to inform you the admin has just changed ,,,, welcome to the new and legal admin of Somaliland.

Good job PL ,,, war is not good for anyone ,,,

hahahahaha ,,,,,, :D:D:D ,,,,, thanks for making my day :D

are you confused of that army with all those stuff ??? ,,,,,, it is Somaliland sxb ,, u gotta believe it :D

Xudeedi   

xiinfanin, I hope to read your commentary and insight, different point of view.

S-Warrior, this although not accurate in terms of Puntland boundary, but it does accurately reflect the size of Sanaag, which has been shrinked by 'Somaliland' to score a point. I will look for another map , similar to this one that respects the boundaries of Puntland.

Maakhir et al, certainly the situation in those regions is desperate. On a one hand you have Puntland where the cardinal function of the state is transformed to serve the political ambitions of few men. Instead of playing a constructive role, the state has arguable become the funding source that fuels current conflict in the south. The people are not served and are indeed neglected by design. The mechanics of the state heavily rely on corruption and blatant tribalism to secure stability, and streamline clannish polarities. It worked to a degree. It will work for a while. But ultimately the sheer injustice of the current structure, and the primitiveness of its savagery in terms of pocketing large sums of state revenues quite publicly with unspoken but clear impunity and without the slightest measure of accountability will cause the demise of not only the current admin but Puntland as a political framework. The writings are on the wall. With all probability, Cadde will extend his term, as the political ground has not been laid for clean transitioning. Perhaps it is so, and was done that way, to satisfy political drawings of a certain men. We shall wait and see.

While Puntland’s case is one of a corruption and misplaced priorities, the problem with Somaliland is more colossal as it stems from separatist ideology that aims, quite wrongly, to mutilate the ruins of the Somali republic. The result is out there for all to see. It’s objectives like these that socked the oxygen out of the more critical functions and initiatives that could help Somaliland put up on the hill in terms providing services to its citizens and lay the ground work for the much needed infrastructure for the regions it encompasses. In short, with a noticeable irony, it’s the secessionist drive that halted the wheels of progress in Somaliland. Crazed and devoid of any ideas, the architects of such failed project are now roaming without aim in certain capitals. It cornered itself in an extreme pole, and hence practically handicapped. What a wasted talent!

Look, yaa Jamaacah, the historic role Somaliland and Puntland lost, as they are sole two regions that recovered from the Somali civil war! Instead of investing in peace making initiatives, they have obviously chosen to build a political capital that’s fundamentally flawed as it hinges on the loyalties of bribed men. While playing the wicked game of out running and outsmarting each other, they have deposited all their regional standings in Ethiopia’s account and put their trust in its hand. As a result, each state’s president can now travel to Addis but not other’s capital. As we accustomed to seeing here quite regularly, both entities are able to reach business deals and secure bilateral agreements with far away parties but not with each other. A phenomenon that’s apparently wanting explanation…

Now back to Sanaag’s political grievance and the viability of its proposed regional state. As you can infer from my above analysis, I don’t view Sanaag’s political situation in isolation. It’s part of a faulty political structure and the anomaly it exhibits can only be appreciated if analyzed holistically. Considering the political nature of these northern region, I would rather have you organize and mobilize to develop the region and influence already existing entities to the extend you can. Implicit in your initiative is to segment one or other entity and hence a conflict of some sort seems inevitable. I understand the value of having an independent and organized political structure to secure external funding for developmental purposes. But the prize you pay to get there should not be creating, albeit unknowingly, a politically segmented and deeply unstable system.

In short, although I understand the political rational and other implicit incentives of creating new state in Sanaag, I question the viability of such a state. Further more, I do in principle think you could be more effective in your initiative if you target infrastructure building and developmental type programs.

Why fish in the shallow ends then, as it were, and not in the deep waters, i ask!

Paragon   

Xiin:

In short, although I understand the political rational and other implicit incentives of creating new state in Sanaag,
I question the viability of such a state
. Further more, I do in principle think you could be more effective in your initiative if you target infrastructure building and developmental type programs.

Why fish in the shallow ends then, as it were, and not in the deep waters, i ask!

The viability? To save populations from war and starvation. Equiped with that, fishing in the deeper waters seems to be the only option.