Sign in to follow this  
Fanisha

Was Barre better for somalia?

Jaylaani   

It all depends who you ask the question. Certain regions of “Somalia” were in good hands under Siyad Barre and some parts are way better off without him.

me   

No he wasn't. Barre was bad for Somalia. Barre was weak, he should have been stronger. The problem with Barre was he wasn't bad enough. he wasn't a real dictator.

RedSea   

^yes, he only destroyed cities and 'some human' lives,but he should have crushed the will of the people.bruvo mr.Somalinimo.

me   

He was in every right to crush those rebellions.

We had a thread about this remmeber? Do you want to rivive it?

RedSea   

^did he crushed them or was he in turn crushed,died in exile and afterwards brought back in body bag?

which one is it?

in that thread,I am pretty sure,I fixed your wagon pretty good,so you may come for another repair job in your own time.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Abwaan:

I thought that most of what is happening now is his legacy..................

That is the truth,nothing but the truth in short straight to the point sentence.I asked people,who do you think caused all the miseries facing the Somali people,I get all sorts of opinions,some reasonable and some aren't.However,I think one thing that is for certain is that all the things that have happened were a result of his corrupt rule.

If it wasn't for his fascist rule,you wouldn't have SSDF,SNM,USC and whatever that followed,then it was all destine to happen and written in the book of Allah,so we shouldnt' chalenge that,however we can discuss the source of the cause.

I am among his critics and I totally do say,he better the country in his fist 10 years,that is when the Somalis were all working together,that is when we had one central army,that is when we had one vision,barre thought,he was doing all these,but didn't realize it was the hard work of the people that was fueling the steam machine.He gotten carried away and turned things into reer Hebel which ultimately made him paid the heavy price.

To those who think, that anarchism is better than the last regime's rule, must be truely insane!

Is anarchy better than law and order?

Is being a refugee better than living in your own country?

Is being mocked for being a failed state and the laughstock of Africa and the rest of the world better than being a severign and respectable state with its instituitions intact?

Is Moryanism better than dowlad?

Is isbaaro better than rule of law?

Is war better than Peace?

Exactly only brainless folks would say 'Yes' to those answers.

Somalia was better with dowladnimo, any bad government is better than no government!

Saddam Hussain was better for Iraq, and sadly Iraq will never ever break out of the vicious cycle of violence according to my prophecies and I don't know about us!

But seeing from the replies of some in here, I get the insight that some of us here haven't had enough of destruction, displacement and anarchy!