Sign in to follow this  
Fanisha

Was Barre better for somalia?

Fanisha   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Imagine no war, I think Somalia would have been a wonderful country. Thus no matter how bad the regime might have been. What followed and what we have is much worse.

Generalka, Baltaanba aan kugu diido. I think A/Y is not good for the country and If the court's intention is to use slam/sharia law to abuse women and those who cannot defend themselfs they, they will fail. :( it is a sad era for the people and the country.

I think we as Somalis missed Mahamed Siyaad Barre Waayo wax dhaama wali ma arkin mana heyno for 16yeasr dont you agree?

That is like asking is Meles Zenawi good for Ethiopians? The anwer No, they only do/did good by their own immediate tribe majority of the time. Altho like Saddam he made himself out to be larger then life, Siad was only serving his cousins. You tolerate bad leaders not take up arms against them. Or else choas and disorder abaayo.

Fanisha   

^^^ who is Abdikasim again? :confused:

Didi, having a country which has an active government whether good or bad is better then anarchy, right?

without a doubts he was better. the govt was overtrown in '91 and the man died in '95 and if it is not for the opposition movements that ocupied all his efforts there could be chances for everything to improved.

Originally posted by Didi Kong:

That is like asking is Meles Zenawi good for Ethiopians? The anwer No,

Where did you get your question and the answer my friend?

Meles is definitely better than the man he overthrew, for ethiopians. That is never in doubt. The ethiopia of today is much better for all ethiopians, but those who were "elects of god to rule ethiopia". The facts are on the ground for all to see.

If you are Somali, watch an interview the deputy for education of somali regional state did and you can see why Meles is better than mengistu for ethiopians.

But we should not compare and focus on individuals. It is the system that should be compared. On that issue, in ethiopia, there is absolutely no comparison that the current system is better.

Originally posted by Axmad_Gurey:

without a doubts he was better. the govt was overtrown in '91 and the man died in '95 and if it is not for the opposition movements that ocupied all his efforts there could be chances for everything to improved.

So your saying the oppositionka including SPM guilt on that counts..... I would like to add on this if they are man enough they must recognize that and pay their dues to Somalians who have been victimized thanks thousand times.

Don't assume that I am for Siyad Bare atrocities as well get that

Originally posted by Fanisha:

Somali-Friend,

Are u really a Habashi guy? or just pretender?

:confused:

Fanisha,

Let me ask you a question, that is:

What is Habashi in your understanding?

Change your name 'Somali friend' you are NO friend of my people or nation.

back to the topic:

Barre is responsible for all this chaos and mistrust that is going on today. We have S-landers who are still angry with what he did, we have tribalistic puntlanders and

Southerners who still believe in the concept of Greater Somalia and will do whatever they can to achieve that goal.

This man is one man I truly despise. He was even responsible for the killing of thousands of innocent sheikhs during his time.

The man has crippled has for too long!

.yaabka yaabkiis waaba yabanahay yaaba is gaaray, daali ogidaa. Mystic you are already tried in selling the idea of Somaliaweyn. you are missing two thing don't put Southerners into one basket it is not. Puntland is differen spicies altogher. you blame Siyad Bare I blame USC/ICU. CIRCULAR

Said barre was the dictator not the USC. Before there were any S-land, P-land or even USC there was Barre with his evil plan, his dictatorship and satanic mentality!

He has provoked all those groups and caused mistrust between them, may Allah punish him for his evil deeds!

The Hitler wanna-be is disgraceful to everything the Great Nation of Somalia stands for.