Sign in to follow this  
Fanisha

Was Barre better for somalia?

Jabhad   

^A society that tolerates a brutal dictator is doomed to fail as we have witnessed in Iraq and in Somalia..

But seeing from the replies of some in here, I get the insight that some of us here haven't enough of destruction, displacement and anarchy!

The product of 21 years of fascist dictator.

Abwaan   

by: Jacaylbaro

ILAAHAYOW SIYAAD BARRE SOO CELI KU DUCAYSTA

oo miyuu soo noqonayaa bay kula tahay. Odaygaasi wuu tegey. Ilaahay su'aasha Qiyaame ha u fududeeyo, waxaan qabaa xoogaa wanaag ah inuu dalka u sameeyey. Waxaase dhabtu tahay dalkaan keligiis ma burburin oo kuwo ardaydiisii ah oo markii uu xukumayeyna joogey haddana ka haray baa badan oo dhooban.

You can't rewrite history Mr. duuliysare! Everybody knows, who the people were, that destroyed our beautiful capital and reduced it to rubble!

Our capital was the pearl and jewel of Africa because our government the gone regime distributed all the wealth to its advancement often to the disadvantage of other regions!

Some cans of worms are better left unopened! Iraq will never recover and believe what I say, the majority of them really reminisce, when their children could go to school without the fear of them being blown up or killed in a sectarian attack!

Who goes to school now in Iraq? Who is safe in Iraq? Iraqis would give their all for the return of Saddam and his dictatorship, atleast during his leadership they were safe as long as you didn't go against that regime ofcourse!

Iraq today is naked as are we as a nation! We're without clothes!

It's better to tolerate a one mans rule, then fitnah and chaos!

Who profits from fitnah and chaos? Yes precisely the anti-dowlad scrap-merchants and their associates together with the mafia!

Give me any Bad government over No government anytime, I say!

RedSea   

^Mr.Sakhar, you are missing the whole point though,you are right we prefer bad government over no government.

The somali people rallied behind him for whatever type of leader he was,he did alot in his first 10 years including a military might that challenged and defeated as we can safely say one of Africa's most numerous,Ethiopia.

However,can you tell me the source of anarchism,the source of warlordism,where did they come from,what caused them to be such evil beings,and werent' they all his former military officers?

No one chose to be a refugee,no one chose to destroy his country,however Somalia is in shambles as a result of brutal dictatorship and oppression which reached a point where people couldn't take it anymore,as a result they rose and toppled his regime,anything that followed is history,but the root of cause can be put squarly on his shoulders.

Ridwaan, I'm not missing any point here! What I say is valid and it stands!

The majority of our people were happy and they were going about their ordinary lives, persecution existed and as a dictator the late Siyaad often used divide and rule tactis, he was brutalising one section of the somali population whilst also rewarding another, then he would change his stand and reverse the situation in order to keep his rule! Siyaad Barre inflicted wounds and injuries to each and everyone of us, but it was part of his game!

I believe what destroyed our country was the same people, that cannot now decide, how our country should be ruled! Those individuals and organisations who toppled the government of the day without alternatives, that's why we've seen so much destruction, looting, killing and hate!

These people and organisations whether their names are SSDF, SNM, SPM, USC or whatever, even the people who start this are repenting now, they are saying 'Apologies to the Somali nation we were wrong' and they were wrong.

Like the US and its allies are wrong, they toppled Saddam Hussain without any idea of what would follow or any real alternatives that's why I say the people, who brought this about are those maniacs, who without any plan and alternative decided to topple a regime, that admittidley wasn't perfect and had many mistakes but putting in perspective nonetheless that it was a functioning government that could bring law and order to the common Somalis and which the jabhads couldn't and will not bring about. Rebels without an agenda and plan are to blame for the sad state we are now finding us! If they could have paused and question themselves 'What will follow once we topple this dictator'? We might not find us ourselves in the deep and unenvious hole we are finding us in right now!

Blame it on the jabhads and their leaders I say, you should not create fitnah withould a viable and workable alternative otherwise don't lie to the Somali people!

Taliban   

Originally posted by Fanisha:

Any body here longing for Afweyne?

In reality, people long for the past. The past is secured and stored in a safe place (memory, history, iwm). People know the end result of the past, that is what nostalgia is about. But there is no consistency or familiarity in the present or the future. People do not know the end result of the present or the future. The present or the future will oftentimes be compared to the past and people will have a favorable impression of the past. There is a reason why people oftentimes have a favorable impression of the past; because the past was simple whereas the present or the future is getting more complicated. Advancements in the scientific and technological (iwm) fields are to be blamed for that complication.

Originally posted by Lieutenant-General Sakhar:

Iraq will never recover and believe what I say

Should we believe what you say because you possess the power to predict? :confused:

Gabbal   

Sakhar you amaze me. It was only yesterday you were insulting not only the late president but also his children, and now he seems to be your biggest champion! What can we make of you adeer? Dhiblow perhaps? :D

Horn I know you took my earlier message as having a grudge or a hatred towards your clan, but we've to put things in the right context!

I was being cynical about how your uncle was kow-towing to Abdullahi Yusuf and you changing your stance in response to his actions, which I pointed out, that the former H.E. Abdullahi Yusuf must be now enjoying, how the same people, that were responsible for his departure from Somalia, foremost your uncle who he fought in so many battles would now make peace with Abdullahi Yusuf and excepting him as the President of the Somali people, as you're now doing the same, acknowledging the precidency of H.E. Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmad.

I was only pointing out the personal gratification Abdullahi Yusuf must have felt after him being an outcast for so long and suffering humiliation, how sweet-tasting it must be for him now to sit on the throne of the Somali nation and his 'former' enemies collobrating with him right now. I was mere pointing out the essence of personal happiness and glory Abdullahi Yusuf might have enjoyed on a personal level.

I'm clean my friend and I don't hide around the bushes. No one can deny, the feel of personal satisfication Abdullahi Yusuf must have felt, when Barre was accepting his appointment to the secretary of defense.

My anology was based on a personal feel of satisfication from Abdullahi's side.

Putting that to aside, I would have wished that Abdullahi Yusuf would never ever have embarked on his quest to topple the late ruler of our country!

I'm not a dhibloowe but someone, who is true to his feelings and don't hide them, often to the perceived disadvante and weakness from inside myself, but I say what I feel and I've nothing to hide.

RedSea   

^I am not even going to touch on your numereous stands,but I have a question for you which you still seem to be dodging.There is so many things wrong here,you say Siyad Barre was good for Somalia,yet you support Abdullahi Yusuf,how does that work,he is SSDF you know.

Does a Ummah or nation fail,because they want to,or do they fail for a reason?I know they fail for reason,so can you give me the reason why Somalia failed IN THE FIST PLACE?

P.S.the comoufalge jacket can come off now as there isn no threath to Pland. :D

Everyone views this topic from their own perspective, but I do find it humorous that some people use the same logic of those who supported the Iraqi invasion to prove their point that Barre was worse.

Imagine no war, I think Somalia would have been a wonderful country. Thus no matter how bad the regime might have been. What followed and what we have is much worse.

RedSea   

^still not getting it arent' ya?We are not imagining,we are merely discussing reality.

What caused the toppling of the regime,is the question,answer it,dont' come up with imaginative explanation.

^^^That is not the topic of the thread, nor a question you asked me, so take it easy mate. That was my first contribution to the topic.

As for the question, a number of factors led to the demise of the old regime. Some where internal others external.

Khalaf   

I dont know, and i dont want to talk about the dead.....Jalle Sayyid did good for somalia.......and under him bad has happened 60,000 killed in waqooyi alone.....my grandfather (a religious man-not political) told us how he was arrested n tortured expected of being with mahbar......n was released cause we had connections to the reer abti....he told us about a miskiin brotha age 21 from burco his cell mate was tortued then killed.....puttin ppl alive in ditches....givin power to cats who cant spell their name because of clan.....better then anarchy but u cant call it just either.

This is not the topic.........but I vote for Sheikh Hassan ibn Turki! Has anyone seen him in the news media, taking pictures like a hollywood celebrity..........nah he is humble and dedicated to the cause.