Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

Breast Implant And Some Somali Women in Canada

Naden   

Heard of many Somali women in the Arab world getting a little 'work' done. Probably cheaper.

Do your boobs hang low?

Do they sag and touch the floor?

Can you tie them in a knot?

Can you tie them in a bow?

Can you throw them over your shoulder?

Like a continental soldier.

Do your booobs haaang looow?

I'm going to ask my future hubby to get breast implants so I can see why people fuss over a couple of fat pockets. :rolleyes: My aren't we going to have fun.

^ I dont get it either. Dont bigger boobs make one less flexible and mobile? I mean, how many athlete women are double D's? Not many I think.

This whole bigger boobs phenomenon is an indication of bigger self-esteem issues. I'm not too sure if the women who do get them get happier afterwards. But then again, I guess it all depends on the audience one is going for and the lengths they are willing to go to get socially accepted. Some are happy being pretty objects of male affection, while others value other things more.

One thing is for sure, and I would like some1 to convince me otherwise if the case exists, no woman gets the implants because it makes HER life better.

Jacpher   

I agree with you that the problem isn’t about the size of the chest, but a low self esteem. If it’s true, it’s indeed sad to hear hablihii Soomaaliyeed oo badalay abuurkii Alle.

I think women who seek breast implants should be checked out for depression and psychiatric disorders before they go under the knife. They’re thinking their body is the problem but their real problem isn’t how hey look; possibly how they view themselves. Treating depression with implants? Maybe a clueless clown told her she does not look attractive.

What is the likelihood a complication after a breast enlargement surgery would push her to the edge or kill that clown if he dumps her?

Naden   

Originally posted by Amelia:

One thing is for sure, and I would like some1 to convince me otherwise if the case exists, no woman gets the implants because it makes HER life better.

For a significant number of women, especially the middle aged ones, it is more of a reconstructive procedure than anything else. If they have nursed one or more children, the breasts lose their shapes and affect a woman's self-image. For many, it is both for their marriage and their image, particularly if the woman is conscious of her figure and has maintained it through exercise and so on. Not every woman loses the shape or is bothered by it, but it is something that no diet or bench presses can fix.

^ ‘Reconstructive’. There is the operative word. I don’t see it as a problem when its reconstructive as in the case of under-developed breasts, mastectomies, etc.

However, in the case of births, are breasts the only thing that change? What about abs? Weight? Where does some1 draw the line in trying to get back to their previous stature? The way I see it… growing older, giving birth and so forth are expected natural part of life that one is better off accepting as change is inevitable, whether in the size and shape of ones breasts, skin not being as tight, things down there not looking as pretty, wrinkles appearing, buttocks not as firm, thighs not proportional, etc etc etc… the list is endless and I'm sure you get where I'm going with this :D

Naden   

The way I see it...growing older, giving birth and so forth are expected natural part of life that one is better off accepting as change is inevitable

I believe so too.....sometimes :D . As foolish and superficial as it may seem, many women (and men) hinge a great deal of their self-worth on their physical appearance. It is a significant part of their sexual attractiveness to their mates.

For some, a little nip and tuck does the trick. Surgery is drastic, no matter what, but keeping oneself in strong physical shape and 'keeping it together' goes with other life achievements.

For women in a certain age group, breast enhancement, liposuction or other benign tricks do wonders for their self-esteem. I also try (as hard as it is) not to roll my indho when a pot-bellied 50-something tries to rejuvenate himself by going back home for a 20-year old.

Xoogsade   

For medical reasons like breast size reduction is understandable, Back pain and other side effects need to be addressed, but for the sake of looking attractive, that is self-loathing to me particularly when the enhancement is done by a somali woman whom I think to be one full of pride. For some reason, I don't want to accept a somali woman cares that much about what a man thinks of her so her behaviour towards herself, how she sees herself for example is influenced by such thoughts.

WaterLily.

Can't imagine me having an interest in a woman with fake front lights.

Nephissa   

I think some do it to feel better. Same reason we wear push up/fancy bras. Each of them are enhancing the breasts giving them beautiful bigger shape. We don't wear them to have men wooing and cooing, do we? I know I don't. :D

If it wasn't haram or they didn't hurt, didn't scar, didn't risk breast cancer or nothing could possibly go wrong maybe I'd do it. I'd get me some Double D's. Just so I could wear one of those tight tees with the cute writing on them.

I don’t know about breast implants, but I do know of a woman who had her arms done. Apparently she just went through a divorce, had lost some weight and needed to get rid of some trouble area I guess. I thought the whole idea was quite hilarious because it was something caadi. I mean everyone knew and when she had it done she received all the special treatments visits that come with being “sickâ€. I see this lady at Sunday swimming and I honestly don’t see any difference, they are still pretty big. Each to there own I guess. If its bothering someone that much why not. I’d rather stick to my gym regime. Never had an operation and I wont start with something as silly as that.

Rahima   

^Xaasidad, i'm sure that cost her a pretty penny dearest, let her flaunt in happiness.

As for breast surgery, reconstruction and augmentation i get, but implants for Somali women? Wonders never cease!