Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

Breast Implant And Some Somali Women in Canada

I see many references to some sort of natural 'pride' Somali women are supposed to have. I'm wondering if this could be the same type of 'pride' that makes so many women bleach their skin to ghostly proportions? I'm also wondering how this 'pride' is supposed to stop them from wanting other artificially enhanced assets?

Somali women are not that different ...they do what everyone else is doing (and no, it's not only confined to buying the same curtains as heblaayo).

Na heedhe I wasn't trying to be xaasid just stating the facts. I'm all for "fixing" things, I personally don't understand why Operah troubles herself with her ever so public weight battle. With her money and no diin to stop her heck why not. It obviously bothers her.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

I see many references to some sort of natural 'pride' Somali women are supposed to have. I'm wondering if this could be the same type of 'pride' that makes so many women bleach their skin to ghostly proportions? I'm also wondering how this 'pride' is supposed to stop them from wanting other artificially enhanced assets?

Somali women are not that different ...they do what everyone else is doing (and no, it's not only confined to buying the same curtains as heblaayo).

Turst me, I never thought of somali women as easily influenced to the extent of wanting to fit in through body alterations, hence, my shock and asking where is the "pride" of being content with their looks as somali women. But I see they are not immune to the culture of their host countries and readily accept the definition of beauty and good looks by others. May be as my friend said to me "competition is tough" and they feel left out since everybody in the host countries universally acccepts beauty and attractiveness as having bigger chests etc. Good logical explanation.

I knew about other issues such as skin bleaching and loving to be light-skinned or white, something common in nonwhite societies who were mentally enslaved by the white colonialism, the white supremacy onslaught on the world left in many countries the legacy of loving to be white in those countries they colonized. When people are insulted, degraded and called animal names on a daily basis and are forced to serve in a humiliating manner, they eventually accept themselves to be less human beings and want to be like their masters. Psychology 101 :D

Zafir   

I personally don’t see what the big deal is. Breast enhancement/reduction is like getting dentures.

With all due respect Mr. X, you don’t know the significance of the cleavage, and the boost it provides for the barer. Can you even fathom what it feels to be wearing a miracle bra day in and day out? To go from (minus) A to full cups. Let me tell you sxb it is an unconditional bliss. Unless you have lived in their shoes, you’re in no condition to be shocked or otherwise walaal.

Som@li   

^^^Very good point,These woman are doing somehting they believe and are happy on the outcome,So what is the fuzz, there is nothing more turning off than a girl with a flat chest. smile.gif

Baluug   

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

^A large portion of the girls on this forum are flat chested
:D
. You've commited forum suicide my friend.

Really? Well, let me introduce all you ladies to Dr. Nick.

image008.gif

"Hi, everybody!!"

Som@li   

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

^A large portion of the girls on this forum are flat chested
. You've commited forum suicide my friend.

Oops, I plead for forgiveness. :D

-Lily-   

Dont get carried away now people. There is nothing wrong with re-arrangement or uplift but implants is where i would draw the line.

I think everyone should be happy with what they got. And it is generally younger women who have implants older women tend to work with what they have got.

Tyjwania, you cant generalize like that about SOL girls.