Sign in to follow this  
Kowneyn

Somaliland The Pride of Africa

OG_Girl   

Took me ages to know what is canjeelo/canjeero means!!

Nationalist is Khobos or bread but somalis eat with honey while we eat with Foul smile.gif .

Salam

Blessed   

Nationalist;

Laxoox is the (edit) reer waqooyi (edit) word for canjeelo. Same thing!

You need to get out more abti.. make some (edit)reer waqooyi (edit) friends icon_razz.gif

As for this topic. It's the most over-rated topic in SOL. Somaliland exists, it's people want independence. There's is no need to down play their achievement. Cabdullahi Yusuf himeself stated that SL is a model for the new Somali state.

As for unity... There will come a time when the Somali governments will talk things over...pray for your desired outcome. Cos beleive me, reer SL will not be rediculed into unity!!

So, walaalayaal. Let's chill, don't lose sleep over it. It's just as the wise man stated; siyaasadunu waa bolitikal :D

Note: Offencive Q word edited.

NGONGE   

^^^ See? This is another of those Somali phrases that I try to get into my head and understand but I fail! Why does she need anyone to do that? Is she spoilt or disabled? :mad:

Lol Ameenah, there aren't many qaldaans in Perth, Australia.

But please tell me you do eat sabayad, don't you? Otherwise you're really missing some mighty adventurous food. :D

^^^Dont forget the oodkac!!!!OH yummy!!! :D

Canjeelo/Canjeero/anjeelo/Laxoox/Sabayad without oodkac is like somalia without warlords!!!It simply cant be. icon_razz.gif

Blessed   

Thanks for the malab xarago.. smile.gif

Originally posted by Nationalist:

Lol Ameenah, there aren't many qaldaans in Perth, Australia.

But please tell me you do eat sabayad, don't you? Otherwise you're really missing some mighty adventurous food.
:D

What are you on?! We make the BEST kimis/ sabaayad up north (okay, now am showing off).

I love it with caano dhanaan or with sanuunad or shaah iyo subag....

No Ameenah you're not showing off. I was messing around. My aunt from Hargeisa used to make it for me. But she also made caano garoor. Now that was a downer. The taste of that food hunted me down to my sleep.

Rahima   

What on earth is lahooh? Where to they eat that? I thought we all eat anjeelo.

And you call yourself a Nationalist :eek: :D .

This is wrong brother, just wrong *shakes head*. I told you, you need to get to Melbourne. If you lived here you would know such things-diversity is very beneficial smile.gif .

raula   

Nationalist..man your accent of somali I imagine is terrible :eek: worse than my early somali-learning days :D

Laxoox to me in the beginning sounded like wax digsiga dabaadiis laga xooq xooqe-the burnt remnants :D

Ameenah-kimis (sabaayad) w/caano dhanaan :eek: yuck! but if you cut into pieces add milk and warm it up-Yummy ;)

Blessed   

Rahima:

This is wrong brother, just wrong *shakes head*. I told you, you need to get to Melbourne. If you lived here you would know such things-diversity is very beneficial
smile.gif

LOL, girl. Sort this brother out. Waaban ka naxay.

Nationalist, Raula and FF

I bet ya'll haven't even tried it. :rolleyes: Add some caano dhanaan/ garoor and sugar. It's delish. smile.gif

Taqwa   

Has anyone tried Muqmad (Codkac) with Laxoox (Canjeelo) iyo shaah begaays aah (bila ranjii aah) lol? Only Breakfast that I remember eating in some house during a visit to UK.

N.O.R.F   

Has anyone tried Muqmad (Codkac) with Laxoox (Canjeelo) iyo shaah begaays aah

aaah, my ideal saturday late morning breakfast :D

Nationalist, u dont know what Canjeelo and Loxoox is? and your a 'nationalist', mmmmm

Kimis with subaq iyo malab and koob shaho xawaashle is another fav,