Sign in to follow this  
Kowneyn

Somaliland The Pride of Africa

Bess.   

oh plz.... :rolleyes: more propaganda from somaliland...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: quit it already.....not interested....come up with something new..... :rolleyes:

J.Lee   

Rahima don't ever buy into the southern/northern crap, because it as a way to make "Somaliland" equal to the rest of the Somali nation, and to make a clan equal to all the other clans.

Hornafrique...must I remind you that somaliland isn't a clan entity. it is bad enough their heroic president was part of Barre's regime...as if that wasn't a devasting blow that they chose to ignore like a mother coaxing medicine into a toddlers mouth....now you must insult their misplaced need for independence and self-rightous that is inflicted upon their mind like an epidemic. anyway Pride of Africa...what a laughable notion...I think you should put this thread in the joke section.

Rest assured my dear misguided brothers and sisters of Somaliland and Puntland.Somalia will unite Insha'allah....whether its capital becomes Hargeisa,Baydabo, or moqdisho.

Salaams

N.O.R.F   

Whether or not you like it, our brothers up north have done well for themselves

Couldnt put it better myself! :D

You can hate me now, but i wont stop now! ;)

Rahima   

But! When did we 'southerners' ever parade with the Ethiopian flag in the streets of Addis Ababa as the 'Slanders' did with the Union Jack flag in London.

When did we accept to be the dumping ground of refugees for the Ethiopians, as the 'Slanders' have agreed with the British. When did we ever stop thinking about our Somali brothers behind enemy lines?

Brother, SL like the rest of Somalia has people in power who do not necessarily represent the views of the populace. We in the rest of the country have leaders (or warlords considering that they can be used interchangeably) whose actions equal to all that above. Do we not have warlords who have used the aid of the Amxaaro to kill their own brothers? Let us be honest, our own president is one of them. Any person who says otherwise has fallen victim to the propaganda machines- and that is the honest truth. You see akhi, I don’t like hypocrisy, if we shall debate then do so on merit. Let us not accuse others of that which are guilty of as well, and if we do then let us at least acknowledge our own faults. Raising a flag and acting as a dumping ground is a charge far less severe than using the aid of the enemy to massacre your own flesh and blood (as is this Ummah).

While Sland arrests, deports and hands over ONLF freedom fighters to Addis Ababa, we or better yet Planders were openly supporting the struggle of the ONLF and it's chairman Adm. Muhammad Umar Usman.

Like I said, leaders do not always represent the people they lead. Just like PL, SL has good Muslims, with taqwa and a firm understanding of brotherhood. Just like PL, SL has people who support the struggle of our brothers who are oppressed, so like I said, let us be fair. I am more than sure that there are people in PL who are more than happy to sell out their own brothers. The litmus my brother, is not region rather taqwa and a sense of the Islamic brotherhood- so let us not use the struggle of our brothers for political gain ;)

Have a good look at those who always use the aid of the gaalo- they all have one thing in common, they aren’t the best of Muslims (from actions, Allah can only know what is in their hearts, but we can only judge by action). We ‘southerners’ have people like Shaatigaduud, Caydiid Jr, Morgan, and our now president-elect CY who have in the past betrayed their own people, who have brought in the gaalo to Somalia.

Planders may have a good relationship with the Ethiopians, but unlike the Slanders not a subservient one in favor of our Christian neighbours in the highlands.

Says who? You my brother are a PL no? Why don’t we ask a SL what he thinks of this statement, I guarantee you it won’t be a favourable opinion. This akhi, is bias- we are all subservient or neither are subservient. Personally, as far as the art of gaalo *** -kissing is concerned, all Somalis whether in the north, south east or west are on the same level- we have all achieved remarkable grades, excelled in fact :D . We should be proud of oursevles :rolleyes:

HA,

I will not buy into any crap, and in case my naivety gets the better of me, I’m sure my big brother shall keep me in check :D .

Muchos gracias, but me was joking ;):D

Gabbal   

I’m sure my big brother shall keep me in check .

Muchos gracias, but me was joking

You'd best be sure :D:D;)

As for my dear Ms Word, what a surprise it was to see your almost satirical style of writing in the middle of the politics section!

Ms Word what happened? I thought you had sworn off politics? :D

LANDER   

Originally posted by MsWord:

Hornafrique...must I remind you that somaliland isn't a clan entity. it is bad enough their heroic president was part of Barre's regime...as if that wasn't a devasting blow that they chose to ignore like a mother coaxing medicine into a toddlers mouth....now you must insult their misplaced need for independence and self-rightous that is inflicted upon their mind like an epidemic. anyway Pride of Africa...what a laughable notion...I think you should put this thread in the joke section.

I just love when people use sarcasm to hide their ignorance and frustration. You know ms.Word they say self-righteousness is a manifestation of self-contempt. Keeping in mind that self-contempt is but a few degrees shy of self-hatred, do you know of any Somalis that hold contempt for the situation in their own country?.................... Surely not Somalilanders

Originally posted by Northerner:

You can hate me now, but i wont stop now!
;)
[/QB]

:D ey yo Norf, I hear that sxb

J.Lee   

self-righteousness is a manifestation of self-contempt. Keeping in mind that self-contempt is but a few degrees shy of self-hatred

LoooooL thanks for the ananlysis. now lets take a Look at the title of this thread shall we....SOMALILAND......Pride of AFRICA?..it's a laughable notion I must say.

Oh now now Dear why must we resort such childish name calling.. moi ignorant ....isn't that like the kettle calling the pot black... as for the frustration....it's nothing compared to one you faced for the last 14 years thinking your "somaliland" (might I suggest a name change since northerns seem to disdain any association with SOMALIA's Land)will be recognized. hmm but I do admire tenacity or Denial of its more harsher form.

HA

Now you must see why I don't like politricks because ignorance comes in abundance and prevails over common sense and cold hard facts.

India   

^^^ MS Thing,

What is laughable is your conclusion that every one else including the rest of the world's media is wrong in concluding that Somaliland is Africa's Best kept secret.

Furthermore, if you are counting the year's that Somaliland is going through democratisation process by the way and NOT waiting for recognition, why dont you look closer at home and tell us the number of failed reconciliation process you have had!!

It's a thin line between paper and hate

friends and snakes, nine millis and thirty-eights......

Dusty

raula   

Somaliland is Africa's Best kept secret

:eek: :eek: :eek I must be dreaming :confused: neither SL nor PL, not even somali-weyn in general is not even close to being the jewel of the East african let alone Africa :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Excuse me Iam not taking sides here..but the title of the thread is even Erroneous bunch of flaws some want to stick down our throats :eek: :eek: Somalis stop hallucinating and make peace first.

Ms Word- you noted precisly ;) WORD!

Jumatatu   

MsWord you need to take a chill bill, look yourself in the mirror and come to the sense that you are not bigger than the blouse you are wearing...apart from that I cant think of anything else to say about your giberish you so confidently utter.

Gabbal   

Jumatatu you of all people telling others to take a chill pill is ludicris.

No one calls your non-stop opposition (and please don't pretend otherwise) to the new government simply because the president doesn't come from your clan, "gibberish". And I would advise you not belittle others contributions to the forums, even they are in the real world and not in some qabiil fancyland. :rolleyes:

look yourself in the mirror and come to the sense that you are not bigger than the blouse you are wearing...

Meeshaa ka soo oraday iyo meesha ka qaylinaysid is malahan sxb.

Excuse me Iam not taking sides here..but the title of the thread is even Erroneous bunch of flaws some want to stick down our throats Somalis stop hallucinating and make peace first.

Raula I with you 100% sister.

Jumatatu   

HA saxiib halke ku daqnatey.? Mida kale my support for the government is not under question, but I question its motives from time to time. And before you jump on the clan gun, ka firso waxaa laga yaba in aan aniga kaga dhawahey Coloneel ina Yeey... :D

N.O.R.F   

blah blah blah

Give props where its due, like it or not Somaliland has done well with no recognition and limited financial clout. You are safe when walking the streets (in most parts at most times); the economy recently took a downward turn (which african economy hasnt?), we just need to get rid of the current leadership (which african country doesnt have the same problem?), livestock to the middle east needs to start again (they prefer australian meet which was recently exposed that they were feeding their livestock port just to send over to the middle east :rolleyes: ).

Question:

Do you think the achievements of Somaliland without international recognition and monetry aid is impresive?

Do NOT twist