Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

To those of you who don't post in this section

Not to get too political, but is anyone else excited at Somalia finally having a new president?

Think of the opportunities!!!

I don't know, I think this is a really good thing, and I hope to God that it is not temporary!

Blessed   

Excited? No! Hopefull, Yes.

Somalia has been down this road before and Yusuf in my view just isn't modern enough in his approach to politics.

But I do hope for the of our people that he and His Government are able to do the job without further bloodshed.

No. I am more or less an expatriate; a civil war was not even concievable when I left the country. Nothwithstanding, I wish the new Somali government success.

With Salaams

PK

OG_Girl   

I am scared not excited.

Wont affect me or my parents cause they aint planing to even visit Somali in rest of their life. But for sake of poor people inside Somalia , I can say this is good thing happened to them in last 14 years.

Salam

Wiilo   

I can see ya'll don't care about Somalia anymore but in a way, it is understandable your carelessness of your Country but, Soomaali ama Reer Xanarku waxay yiraahdaan (Shinbir kii buuba arsaaqadiisa dhulka") Reer Xamar waxaan kaga jeedaa people from Muqdisho, but not dadka cadcad, marka ama jooga dhul carbayd and jooga dhul gaaleed (Western Countries) waad u baahantahay dhulkaaga Hooyo. Intaa ayaaan dhihilahaa.......Raalina iga ahaada Xumaan kagama jeedo hadalkayga.........

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

raula   

^^^well said sis.very true indeed. Insha-allah Iam going sometime to visit my origins-the thought of caano geel ( mayac, suusac, xammur, bacaroor , and variety of foods and vegis. Most of all, I just want to experience the beach environment..as well as somalinnimo in general).

Iam glad we have a president-for better or worse! Its better than being DISPLACED. Just to qoute a Swahili proverb: MKOSA KABILA NI MTUMWA(a tribless person is a slave -this emphasizes that without a country/an origin to claim, one succumbs to the rules/regulations of others(i.e. those in power)..and this has been the case for many somali refugees. A somali proverb that I alwayz STAMP on my DESK CALENDAR is " IT'S PEACE THAT PROVIDES MILK "

politics is not my business-only when it comes to the welfare of my dear somalis!

So hail to peace and prosperity and may it prevail!-Insha-allah

Ramadan Kareem ya muslimiin!

Sincere   

but is anyone else excited at Somalia finally having a new president

I think it’s a complete farce. Not excited at all especially after seeing the parade of “presidential†candidates. (The mad Col and the rest of the degenerate contenders, are not fit to lead a donkey let alone rebiuld a nation)

Think of the opportunities!!!

Im a pessimist by nature; I’m not willing to drop everything, to go back home and face an imbecile who wouldn’t think twice about giving me or denying me an job cause im from reer john doe (regardless of my credentials). When they are real elections with credible candidates, I would definitely love to go back, till then the eastern seaboard is home for me.

Viking   

Somali politics is so clan-based that I have difficulty sympathising with any individual or group. I hope that the dark ages are behind us and a path of peace and prosperity lies ahead.

Yes, there are more somali expatriates then I previously had thought. Many members of SOL are, as the American writer, Hemingway, wrote in his literary masterpiece, The Sun Also Rises , "a lost generation".

raula   

^^My dear that can be an understatement or much worse a generalization(which can be contested!)

Ramadan Kareem ya muslimiin!

Originally posted by Viking:

Somali politics is so clan-based that I have difficulty sympathising with any individual or group.

So true. I think true success lies in de-claning the parliament. But I don't think that will ever happen in Somalia.

Haashim   

I don't post this sectoin so much, do I? but I hope as Og-girl and of course others said; for the sake of poor, sick, unarmed thus unprotected people I hope that LAW and ORDER will return in our country.

Somalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa "HABARTA MARKA SHAAH U KARSAMAYO WAXAY MOODAA IN HABRAHOO DHAN SHAAH U KARSAMAYO" if you guys ar happy in western countries or elsewher there are many of your brothers who live in slums around rich and powerful Mogadishu, Hargeysa, Bosaso and Kismayo people (Inay cuntada ku dhejyaan xataa kama baqaan).

Therefore, regardless of who was elected let's hope that our dignity will return again.

It's enough for 14 yrs of lawlesness and ANIGAA KAA XOOG WEYN and ANIGAA KAA TIGNIKO BADAN :eek: .

Let's start from Ground Zero and see what the future holds for us.

Samafal   

For the sake of poor and defenceless people in Somalia I hope and pray peace prevails in our land. Wallahi you can say whatever you want about A.Yusuf but Somali people are tired living in foreign lands that they know nothing about and those are in the country are tired of guns and lawlessness. May Allah hepl us live together in peace and harmomy, Amiin.