Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

To those of you who don't post in this section

Sakina   

I'm happy, excited and hopeful. I pray to Allah to unite all somalis to work towards peace. Most of the somalis who live in the Western Countries that don't want to go back is because of the Human Rights they enjoy here. It seems that we need to work harder to explain the concept of Human Rights in Somalia since they never enjoyed that ever in their History. From colonies to dictatorship that is all they know. Lets hope and pray for the better.

NGONGE   

I have to admit that a spark of excitement bubbled up inside me when I heard the news, alas it didn’t last long. When it comes to Somali politics, people are either stubbornly cynical or painfully optimistic. I fall into the cynical camp. Still, I hope against hope that this is IT and that this new government is the one that will finally solve the Somali problem (here comes that glimmer of excitement again).

The new government will be walking on eggshells. They will have to tread carefully and avoid stepping on any egos or unwittingly fuelling the already simmering fire of discontent. Will they be able to do so? (Don’t look at me, I already told you I’m a cynic).

SJ   
“cayri caymo ma diido†I’m thrilled about the new development. I could finally launch sketching that cottage along the coast that I always had in mind.