Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Kismaayo Airport held by Pakistani and Oromo army, Gedonet reports.

Jacpher   

Libaaxow, that’s a good question but the sad story is that reer kismaayo are no where to be found in the city. Xabad-keento has populated the city. If you travel throughout the city, you would hardly see the indigenous people of Kismaayo.

I didn’t get hold of odaga this morning but from what I’ve heard the city is better off with the courts. I’ve seen so many real reer kismaayo cheering up for the courts. It’s highly unlikely Pakistani troops controlling the airport. Pervez Musharaf is in need of solders at this critical era of his presidency. What a Pakistani army doing in Kismaayo and between supposedly two Muslim armed forces? It doesn’t make sense. It’s merely a passcode for Eithopia’s entry to the country and its declaration of war to ICU. Horn is unknowingly beating the drums for Geedi and Amxaaro. Shariifka is more credible and trustworthy than Geedi and Ethiopia.

^^Waryee Santaaro, you can now go back to your Santaaro :D with your security very much guaranteed! Wartaadii ku laabo saaxiib and stop rabshada :D .

Libaax, Islamic Courts has been welcomed indeed into Kismayo and most people are happy that Barre and his Galgaduud brothers are gone! Reliable sources told me that about 15 camels were slaughtered as an Iftar feast for the Court’s men! Kismayo elders held meetings with the Courts leadership and talks to establish new administration are already underway. In those discussions there was only one dissenter who voiced his disapproval of the Courts arrival and their plans for Kismayo. The city is very stable and there are no signs that it’s in a war footing. There were also some Barre supporters who predictably protested for their warlord’s political demise. They were promptly dispersed and some were arrested to keep the peace. Some of Barre’s militia men also left the city by foot and were later forced to return to the city for their own safety, sources told me.

One needs to understand Kismayo demographics before falling for gedonet’s blatant propaganda campaign. Xasan Turk has no history of participating in Kismayo’s prolonged civil war and thusly there is no reason for the locals to fear for their lives. Granted his radical views may not sit well with most people but his religious orientation makes him starkly different than Kismayo’s previous warlord rulers and people would see him as a man of solid religious principles and hence more fairer than those before him. The fact that he met traditional Kismayo elders (and not just wadaads) and requested them to form administration shows that he truly has no desire to rule for the sake of ruling! His arrival was dictated by the sheer military strategy of the city and was not inspired by politics or other worldly affairs.

But as always let’s see how things proceed from here. I have never been more optimistic though..

Gabbal   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^You have a point there, Xasan Turki did not deny or go around the fact that he has other nationals as part of his millitia. He might need them, and he made a good point. But Sharif Ahmed seems lost sticking to that script of his.

Sheikh Hassan Turki waa nin daacad ah, ilaahayne qeyr ha siiyo. Barre has no qualms about him and has protected him for a long time even on his last visit to Nairobi when he was asked by the American ambassador to hand the Sheikh over from his base in Ras Kambooni for two million dollars and he refused.

However, the people of Kismaayo are not looking at Hassan Turki's honest face; they are looking at the hand led him here. What else could have made peaceful Kismaayo to descend to this with more civil unrest going on?

kismayo444.jpg

Haashim   

Sheikh Hassan Turki waa nin daacad ah, ilaahayne qeyr ha siiyo. Barre has no qualms about him and has protected him for a long time even on his last visit to Nairobi when he was asked by the American ambassador to hand the Sheikh over from his base in Ras Kambooni for two million dollars and he refused.

Good for him if it's true that he refused two milion $ in return handing over the Sheikh.

However, the people of Kismaayo are not looking at Hassan Turki's honest face; they are looking at the hand led him here. What else could have made peaceful Kismaayo to descend to this with more civil unrest going on?

is not the same HAND that led Barre to keep Kismayo until further notice?

RedSea   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

^On the contrary no sxb. Life is not black and white; it's not you are either with the Courts or you are with xaqtirnimo. I am speaking out for the same reason the
Kismaayo populace
is speaking out. The people are under
occupation

Under occupation? walaal Horn, you have got to be kidding me,as far as I see it, Kismayo is no different than Xamar. When the aim of the courts is to bring all Somali regions under the Islamic rule, then it will be in effect in every city,regardless of what tribe resides it.

The main population is influenced and driven by Qabiil anamosities, they shall come down when they see things in their own lenses as appose to being told that tribes from Xamar have taken over their city, which is absurd.

About your other point of foreigners, I dont' think there is much comparison between Muslim "foreigner" and a foreigner from the Tigray regime. The courts as you said are "crying" about the Ethiopia regime of intervening in Somalia,because they are merely working on how to undermine the place, while these Muslim "foreingners" with the courts are there to help out in any possible way in order to better the country, due to their perhaps previous experience.

So let us stick to our previous views and change not our sides because the courts are now in our tribal territories.

For those crying river about so called Kismayo occupation, I would like to ask you respectfully, do you have any better plans in improving Kismayo,having peace won't do, that is phase one? the courts are there to bring further stability than before, improve the livelyhood of the people, and serve the people of Kismayo honestly and rule them justly without corruption.

salamu calaykum and Ramadan Kariim!

Paragon   

^^^ Lol@dabbaabada wata. It really sounds ubsurd. Waxaanba ka baqayaa kuwa sida raxa u duulla in la yiraahdo iyagaa Kismaayo gacanta ku haya. Anything can be said lately.

Red Sea, sxb, well said. Bravo.

Zafir   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

For those crying river about so called Kismayo occupation, I would like to ask you respectfully, do you have any better plans in improving Kismayo,having peace won't do, that is phase one? the courts are there to bring further stability than before, improve the livelyhood of the people, and serve the people of Kismayo honestly and rule them justly without corruption.

salamu calaykum and Ramadan Kariim!

Hayaay, you sound so certain sxb, funny thing is, that even the ICU aren’t even that sure of their capabilities. Somalis at every corner of the world are pleased with what the ICU has accomplished thus far, so let us not jinx it by oversaturated possibilities of we want the future to end up. Please do not intrepid my reluctance as to damage the reputation of ICU or discreditment of some sort. No, I would want to wait a little while longer before I make any daring assumptions.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^

They replaced with the boys from Gedo with the lads of
Afmadow

If it is an Islamic takeover why the pretence of putting Xasan Turki, in the place of Hiiraale? Xasan Turki is not even from the region and does not have any more legitimacy than Hiiraale.

why do you quote Afmadow???or do you think Hassan Turki's kin leave only in afmadow?what abou jilib ,jamame ,badhade, Kudha, raskamboni buale and dhobley.

Or do you think reer Bari(1000+km away from Kismayu) who came with dhows during colonialism are the rightfull owners.

If Hassan turki is not from Kismayu will it be then that its a **** 'fortune seekers' city .

[ September 28, 2006, 16:06: Message edited by: Mursal ]

RedSea   

Originally posted by Zafir:

Hayaay, you sound so certain sxb, funny thing is, that even the ICU aren’t even that sure of their capabilities. Somalis at every corner of the world are pleased with what the ICU has accomplished thus far, so let us not jinx it by oversaturated possibilities of we want the future to end up. Please do not intrepid my reluctance as to damage the reputation of ICU or discreditment of some sort. No, I would want to wait a little while longer before I make any daring assumptions.

Inanow walaal, my assumptions, are based on what I have been seeing from these honorable men and their service. When I attempt to think or write anything about them, I put their work and the work of others side by side, thus that itself gives me enough evidence and convinces me to believe that they can do and are capable of many things. If they have brought the worlds most lawless city, Muqdisho into law and order, then anything else is possible, wouldn't you say?

Surely, Zafir, you have no idea of what goes on in their command therefore, to say they are not sure of their capabilities isn't well fitting.These men, sheikhs without knowledge of world politics you might think, but they are well in the field of the political game, they know how, what? whatever it might be.

Ahmed Gurey, I never claimed Kismayu was mine or my clans. So I sugegst you pick that fight with someone else. What I sais is that Xasan Turki is from the occupied Somali region. He has no more legitimacy than Hiiraale and Moragn before him. He is being used like Hiiraale and Jess before him.

Refute all you like but remember the clan claims over Kismayu means very little to my person. Its a Somali city and those who live there own it..