Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Kismaayo Airport held by Pakistani and Oromo army, Gedonet reports.

Gabbal   

If he ran away sxb, it would not have taken him four days to reach mere Bardheere on the border between Gedo and Jubbada Hoose.

As is evidenced sxb, aside from being Somali, the people of Kismaayo are for the most part his people, they are not your people nor the invaders. You can laugh and cohoot temporarily sxb, but the man will be back and not with a large loss to his people.

Nabad Gelyo

It’s beyond me why some people are making fuss about Kismayo’s fall and allege that Courts invaded it. It must be either of two things:

• They are suffering a severe short-memory and forgot that warlord Barre invaded the city, defeated warlord Morgan, and brought Seeraar and co with him as co-rulers of Kismayo. For if they remember Kismayo’s recent history they wouldn’t make all these silly allegations like asserting Sheikh Turk’s entrance of the city as an invasion while mourning Barre’s hasty exit! The latter has never harmed Kismayo people and his managerial style is yet to be tested! While the former was a political asset for Seeraar and co and never have a vision of his own.
  • Or they are so clannishly narrow-minded that they can’t see beyond old man’s policy and were entertaining false hopes that warlord Barre will have finally gotten inline with TFG’s plans and hold the city for it. The sudden fall of the city, it follows, have broken their hearts as they see a real political alignment in Kismayo where local clans-men who, even thought may share blood with them, hold fundamentally different political ideology than the old man and his entourage could potentially come to power. That’s understandable. What’s not adding up is this annoying repetitious claim that asserts Kismayo’s people are closer to the defeated and disgraced Barre than they are to Shiekh Turk. I found that to be quite a bizarre statement to make. What gives?
Emotions aside, what happened in Kismayo is quite relieving to those of us who always maintained Barre was a placeholder for known southern warlords who impeded Somali state’s revival for the last decade, and the city would be better without him and his warlord coalition. If thier political yardstick is simplistically tribal and the crux of thier argument is that Kismayo needs to be ruled by a D man (thanks Castro :D for the abbreviation), then Shiekh Hasan Turk must satisfy thier clannish formula, no? If they are really heartbroken, how ever, because of Barre’s defeat then that’s a grievance that many of us find to be without a merit!

^^^

Xiin, I hope you know I was never a fan of Hiiraale and his rule of Kismayu.

However what took place is not a solution unless one is deluding himself.

Kismayu, more than any other city has suffered in the ongoing civil war. It hosted many armed factions and clans including the late Siyad Barre, late Aydeed, Morgan, Jess, Morgan and then JVA. Each clan based faction added new scars to both the property and the population of the city.

What I don’t understand is how this new invasion by the courts solves the long term problem of the city? One clan has been sidelined while a new one has replaced it.

They replaced with the boys from Gedo with the lads of Afmadow. Kind of reminds of the story I read online equating Xasan Turki with Omar Jess. Hiiraale is bent on returning and is seeking the supports of his clan who see are now the new victimes robed and trampled on as others before them.

If it is an Islamic takeover why the pretence of putting Xasan Turki, in the place of Hiiraale? Xasan Turki is not even from the region and does not have any more legitimacy than Hiiraale.

These courts always open a new can of worms when ever they make a move. Their denial of the occupation of lower Shabbele, the reason a clan was kicked out while another was allowed to stay, the flag burning incident.

Expect more trouble in Kismayu so long as some one feel aggrieved, that’s the one lesson we can take from our recent past.

Jacpher   

Xiin, afkaaga caano lagu qabay. You’ve captured their delusion too well.

Horn is portraying himself as the speaker of the city and its residents now when in fact few months ago, he was praising Hiiraale’s invasion to the city during Ramadan. If we follow Horn’s thinking that eight years of illegal occupation grants Hiiraale the ownership of the city, Ethiopia would be owning lots of parts the country and so is Kenya.

Xiin and Jimcaale and horn, what is the word from your families in Kismayo? How are things there?

Who are these demonstrators? What does the average Reer Kismayo think of the ICU?

Please do tell us what your relatives in Kismayo are telling you on the phone. I am sure some of you nomads still have families in that city. What is the word on the street. Make it raw and salty if you like :D

Gabbal   

General Duke-

The people who feel trampled on and agrieved are the people of Kismaayo. What was the slogan heard 'round the world?

Barre Diid, Dooni Meyno and I even got a hint of Garowe accent among the crowd in the BBC. :D

^^^Horn I think you might be pushing it a bit too far with that one. :D

But do tell us your point of view, do you have relatives in the city?

What are the boys in Gedo planning to do?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Horn I think you might be pushing it a bit too far with that one.
:D

But do tell us your point of view, do you have relatives in the city?

What are the boys in Gedo planning to do?

Lol @ pushing it too far. :lol: Lilaahi oo lilaahi sxb, Barre waa loo darsaday. From what I hear, reer Garowe iyo qolodaas baa ka daran reer Gedoodka.

Yes I have plenty of family in the city and one of the women arrested is an aunt of mine named Baahiro. In her anger, she could not contain herself when she saw a Pakistaani militant. She took a shovel and striked him in the head before another Pakistani butted her on the side of the neck with the butt of an AK. Another aunt of mine named Hersiyo sandle-whipped another central Asian militant when she saw him dragging the Somali flag.

We have reached them and Hersiyo is out, but Baahiro is continuing to threaten them even from jail.

All the men have left and are leaving by foot to be part of Barre's rogaal celis when they sensed meesha Diin in loo iman ee dulmi loo yimi.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^How many foreigners are alleged to be present in Kismayu? The news reports are not clear.

Also why have the courts not hid these fighters?

From what I have been able to gather of the reports, at the least I would say 1/3 of the invaders in Kismaayo are foreigners. That is what makes me not as opposed to those with Ethiopian as I had been. Foreigners are foreigners and one should not cry about the other while accepting another.

Somalia Islamists confirm they have foreign fighters

27 Sep 27, 2006, 13:02

Following rumors that circulated media outlets for months, a top Somali Islamist official confirmed for the first time that the Islamic Courts have foreign-born fighters among their militia ranks who have participated in recent military campaigns.

Sheikh Hassan "Turki" Abdullahi Hersi, the commander of Islamic militias who seized the southern port city of Kismayo, confirmed to his supporters that the Islamic Courts Council has thousands of fighters from many Islamic countries, although he did not name those countries.

"Brothers in Islam, we came from Mogadishu and we have thousands of fighters, some are Somalis and others are from the Muslim world," said Sheikh Turki while addressing a crowd of supporters in Kismayo on Monday.

"You knew when U.S. troops arrived in Somalia in 1992 they came with their allied nations and now we have our alliance [the Muslims]," he said to hundreds of supporters.

Sheikh Turki has been on the U.S. State Department's watchlist of al-Qaeda-linked terror suspects since 2004.

The Islamist militia commander argued that America arrived in Somalia with white and black soldiers before and likewise the U.S. is now "responsible" for the Ethiopian troop presence inside Somalia, so that the Courts of Islam have their Muslim brothers to help them fight against what he called "infidels."

"If Christian-led America brought its infidels, we now call to our Muslim holy fighteres to come join us," Sheikh Turki said.

These comments from Sheikh Hassan Turki are the first by a Somali Islamist leader, even though other Islamist officials have denied the inclusion of foreign fighters in their militia in the past.

On the same day as Sheikh Turki's comments, Somali Premier Ali Muhammad Gedi accused the Islamic Courts of inviting foreign terrorists into Somalia.

Gabbal   

Sheikh Hassan Turki waa sheikh run ah bay ila tahay, daacadne ah, sheegayana siday wax u yihiin, balse aanu fahansanayn ujeedada ka dambeyso ururkuu la socdo.

Why would Sharif Hassan blatantly deny the presence of foreign fighters even yesterday, when Sheikh Turki's speech was heard 'round the world and we, ourselves, know first hand that they exist?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Sheikh Hassan Turki waa sheikh run ah bay ila tahay, daacadne ah, sheegayana siday wax u yihiin, balse aanu fahansanayn ujeedada ka dambeyso ururkuu la socdo.

Why else would Sharif Hassan blatantly deny the presence of foreign fighters even yesterday, when Sheikh Turki's speech was heard 'round the world and we, ourselves, know first hand that they exist?

^^^You have a point there, Xasan Turki did not deny or go around the fact that he has other nationals as part of his millitia. He might need them, and he made a good point. But Sharif Ahmed seems lost sticking to that script of his.

Generale , what are you objecting to; the mere fact that Kismayo has once again changed hands or Defense Minster’s departure and its impact on old man’s failed project in Baydhabo? And if what took place is not a solution, was Barre and his coalition presence in Kismayo better alternative then?

Jimcaalow, sometimes I like to set up protective levees against this torrent propaganda from the usual suspects; those whom the passing of time seems to have misled them to believe that people of Kismayo is Barre’s people :D and he has somehow a solemn responsibility to defend them in order to rule them! As I said before that talk’s sheer absurdity is quite suffocating.

Libaaxow, you put me on the spot adeer! I do indeed have relatives from both sides, to Horn’s surprise, in Kismayo. I haven’t bothered to call though as Ramadan and work kept me busy. But war jiraaba cakaaruu imaan, saaxiib. Iwill try to call some old friends if only to rebut Horn's and General Dukes propaganda machines :D !

Adna meesha inaan ku maadsado baan u imiye ha i shiddeyn saaxiib :D .

Afur wanaagsan all!