Sign in to follow this  
inspector22

So for how long are we in PL going to wait for those people of south??

Why can't we just declare ourselves as our own and leave them to continue fight amongst each other? Ii don't understand why we have to be attached to them? At the end of the day they will only bring fight to us since they obviously know nothing else.

I've personally never been to somalia but i'm still proud that we have a peacefull place like PL where people don't scavange on each other, also why i hope it remains peacefull in the future.

So why can't we just declare independence like somaliland, i don't understand the reason PL is reduced to the status of autonomous instead of just completly breaking away from the south, west and the rest.

Surely PL doesn't need constant war intensive people as countrymen, what is the future benefit from such unproductive "countrymen"?

Seriously what's the purpose of being "autonomous" when you can't mutualy benefit from the other states of greater somalia?

As i see it, everything that comes outside PL is just negative and will eventually slow down development. I can understand being autonomous in a productive nation like China or even iran, but being autonomous in such a destructive state like somalia is beyond my comprehension.

I fully support PL independence! Hopefully others feel the same.

You are a prime example of what is wrong with Somalia

- leave them to continue fight amongst each other?

- they will only bring fight to us since they obviously know nothing else.

- I've personally never been to somalia but i'm still proud that we have a peacefull place like PL where people don't scavange on each other

- what is the future benefit from such unproductive "countrymen"?

All this hate and vitriol from a kid who has never even set eyes on Somalia ... where does this kind of poisonous hate come from ?.. I sincerely pity you brother.... parents and elders are doing a huge disservice to the young generation when they burden them with their own prejudice and clan hatred.

I used to think our only salvation as a nation would be kids who have grown up outside of Somalia and not subject to all the clan feuding and minor squabbles, but I have come to realize that they are just as badly infected... maybe 4th or 5th generation have some hope.

what a loser. After destroying the south by bringing in those animals of eithopia, driving out the people and generally taken back the south back to the nighties and even better running back to puntland after that traitor abdullahi yuusuf was sent packing, you guys have the audacity to talk about the south again?

RedSea   

Another cyber educated somali who has never been to somalia. Qurbaawis are the worst somalis in my view, they are more clanist than those who actually experienced war and devastion in first account.

u gotta understand these folks who cant see the forest for the trees!

they mostly lived in single parent house hold in disapora... so all they heard from mom is tribal nick nacks...which is natural in that kind of house-hold where dad split to 2 the motherland so i dont blame them.

but here is the funny thing!! how many freaking times have u heard this oil discovery theme in african clan talks!! million of times... why

its good chilling tool to kool down tribal insanity... lemme ask how many barrells ever materialized outta of the stinking oil or gas holes stories that u been hearing all along..nada.

for a tribal maniac..its like taking a pill for a headache. it works auto-magically.

they do believe that garabage.

Abwaan   

All I can say is that I feel sorry for you inspector22 that your judgement is based on a sort of hear say around the dinner table and our clan Fulan is the best and all the rest cannot lead...and our tuulo is very well developed.

I don't think that you are doing yourself a favour since you said peaceful place like Puntland...boy have you been watching the news recently? Do you know where Somali pirates function and rule and NO adminstration can challenge them? Is that your peace? Do you call that peaceful. Don't you think that they are the equivalent of the drug cartel? the way they function and the damage they cause if we put aside all the outcry and their claim of protecting the sea. How many times have the jails in The Eastern regions as I call them were broken and prinsoners freed? How many times were foreigners and journalists kidnapped.

I would support your view if I knew there is a real longterm peace in the Eastern regions although there has been some sort of stability compared to the South.

Brother welcome to SOL, the question you posed here is neither new nor that relevant at this time. Puntland state is a huge land area of Somalia.

It comprises around 40% of the country with the three largest regions of the republic, Bari, Sanaag, Sool and Nugaal and North Mudug. It has developed rapidly relative to other Somali region, one only needs to look at the city of Bossaso and its continues prosperity. Puntlans is self sufficient and its economy is not dependent on neither the south or the secessionist NW.

The answer to the question is no, Puntland does not need to break away from Somalia because unity is essential and deeply held by the majority of the people of Puntland. However while we wait we must continue to develop our state and take responsibility for our security and the creation of wealth.

By doing this we will be able to be an example and have the capacity to deter any "attack" as you put it by any group within Somalia and abroad.

Thus do not compromise on the ideals of the Somali republic, the central importance of unity and that our problems are man made and with due time will be able to be solved.

Anyone who states, Puntland is not peaceful is a fool and a liar, it enjoys greater stability and peace than any region in East Africa, where else in Somalia have you ever seen leaders loose elections peacefully?

Brother keep asking these questions, and don't worry about the attacks, some people are just full of hate.

Duke.

Abwaan   

sorry inspector22 one last point about the full separation that you suggested I think that would have caused a huge problem and wars with neighbouring regions. As you know Somalis still compete each other through clans and clans X or Y would claim that the Eastern regions were robbing their land and you need to see the immediate neighbours...for instance just Galkacyo, a city on it's own is devided and not to mention the Sool and Sanaag.

war ileen inagaa wax aragnay. inspector22 again welcome to sol. one advise to you if you see some people get upsed and call you names egnor them. You rised vaild point and it is very good to be considered. but not all puntlanders would agree with you. I am for greater somali's i am not realy big van of land, land land land land and so on.

Laakin reer puntland xaq beey u leeyihiin ay ilaashadaan nabadooda waxii dagaal u keeni karanah ay ka fogaadaan. iskanah ilaaliyaan cadoow gooda.

Emperor   

^I agree, reer Puntland have every right to secure their borders and focus on the development of the state, and I don't think or agree with a full seperation from the rest of the republic, after all Puntland is almost 40% of Somalia and many visionary technocrat politician which played a great role in former republic are from this region, so why seperate when you can declare yourself to be the republic and represent everyone. Ispector give another five to eight years, if Mogadishu doesn't get its acts together and take its leading role then I think Puntland should flip the coin and declare Garowe the capital of the republic and invite all Somalis from as far as Kamboni, Baidoa, Hargeisa to Ras-asayr, I guess Puntland will have enough time to build its economical capability and infrastructure to get to that stage Insha'alah.

Ispector give another five to eight years, if Mogadishu doesn't get its acts together and take its leading role then I think Puntland should flip the coin and declare Garowe the capital of the republic and invite all Somalis from as far as Kamboni, Baidoa, Hargeisa to Ras-asayr, I guess Puntland will have enough time to build its economical capability and infrastructure to get to that stage Insha'alah.

LOOL

You do not even have full control over the territory you claim, and your region is plagued by piracy, corruption,and clannism, yet you have dreams of making Garowe the capital of Somalia? Puntland region is now just one-clan show, and it became clear to see for all when the core clan of Puntland closed its eyes when its western regions, where they do not live, were taken over by another entity, and more so by the selection of the third sub-group to power just to solify internal unity and solidarity within the core clan of the puntland admin.

If you cannot even keep your own house in order and are driven by clan politics (in this case of the core clan) how can you dream about inviting the whole of Somalis to your house? Especially the largest Somali group which shows nothing but animosity and mistrust towards you, especially after the Ethiopian occupation which many in that region cheered for?

Again, wishfull thinking. But everyone has the right to day dream adeer, so dont mind me.

Emperor   

Adeer no one cares what you say, if Puntland is not significant or less influencial you and your clan web portal wouldn't talk much about it... take a rest dude, if indeed Puntland is nothing then you have nothing to warry about, chill and keep underestimating us ;)

Emperor has a point there, we are 40% of Somalia, the aim is to get that in order and if Mogadishu is not secure Garowe shall be the political capital of a free and Somalia.

Liqaye   

^^^

3 questions:

But cant a five year old child spit from one side of garowe to the other?

Before we even talk of changing the capital to garowe when will the peace confrence be held?

And if it is held in gaorwe will the five year old child be held indoor lest he cause a diplomatic kerfufulle with his spitting tactics?