Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Treachery by some; Glory to others!

Sophist   

Dear Sirs,

Salam to the gallery; those who I share with political believes and others whom I have enjoyed their banter but always differed on Somali politics; namely Mr Oodweyne and Ngone.

As you know LA (my pride and glory of a city) has fallen at the hands of mercenaries rented by folks in Hargeisa. This is a shameful perfidy to be remembered till eternity—the MEN of this region, Afhakame, Artan Boss, Hassan Wananood, Afqabaal, Cali Duulane, Cali Dhuux, Ismaaciil Mire to mention but a few; towering figures of Somali history must be fuming with disgust in their graves.

Today Ali’s words will suffice.

· Gun baan ahay ganbo cad baan xidhnahay, iyo gar naagoode

· Gashaantiyaha sidoodoo kalaan, guur u sugayaaye

· Aniga iyo hablaha loo galmoodo, waan gudboonahaye

· Jeeroon ganboolka iska rido, guudka iga saran

· SOL WAA IGA XARAAN

I bid you a good day.

SOL WAA XARAAN

Thats all you could do? Ana waxaan islahaa dagaalkuu aadi adna waxan baad la shirtimid. Alleylaha waa gar iney qabriga ku galgashaan raggaad kor ku xustey se kumaba banaanid. War oradoo wadaadada iyo waranlaha ciyaalka iyo dumarka labaji.....Istaghfurallah

^^^Do not sound like SNM gang in disgust. If you feel like a man show your true political colours.

OR

Are you a real Somali fighter and you feel Mr. Sophist should be doing something more substantial than bycotting SOL because he can not stand the drival of these who are shouting themeslves in foot in the name of Mother Queen Victoria?

Juje   

Originally posted by Sophist:

SOL WAA IGA XARAAN

Oo wayo, ma SOL aya ka qabsatey LA?

CVome on Sophist sxb, am sure you battle ground is here and the one in the ground belongs to the brave boys - so dont surrender your side - yusan cadowga dhankada kaso gelin.

But then again I can understand , you will be back soon, very soon indeed, cause LA will once again be liberated again .

God only knows how much this town has to be liberated by both sides - guess it will be celebrating many a'indepence days' given the chance.

Hadhoow bay waxay oran waanala xasuuqay. SNM malitia will not remain in LA. Nothing will satisfy me untill Hargaysa falls to the Dariish hands.

Cige   

Nothing will satisfy me untill Hargaysa falls to the Dariish hands.

Ducaysane is bit Far, say Erigavo for example it is more realistic. isn't it? ;)

Brother sophist , you didn’t have to do this; I would rather have you disappear quietly!

It has been the norm of the Somali civil war that peaceful cities get sat ablaze and its communities subjected to unwarranted exodus, hunger and disease. LA, it now seems, is no exception. Somaliland however won’t hold it for long. You will regain again IA.

I hope your own family and relatives are all well and safe. It will be Khayr Allah willing.

As for Oodweyne’s gaffe, take it as a low-grade dig, and the banter of the lowborn…Wax ka fal mooyee, as it were, wax ka dhihid ma leh!

Wa salaam!

NGONGE   

An apt title and an understandable reaction. This time at least I will not be accusing you of being overly emotional. You have a genuine stake in the city and it can’t have been nice (regardless of political persuasions) to witness it being fought over in such a way. But like Xiin says (though my guru wont agree) the pendulum is bound to swing to the other side soon. But for some reason I can’t imagine you being happy with whichever way it swings; the people ducking out of its way would be your nearest and dearest. Simple political analysis goes out the window (for most people) when things are that close to home.

Ps

Leaving SOL for a while is probably a good idea.

PPS

Xiin, gartado xuma adeer! In order to placate one you call another a low born? 'wax walan' as the hip young kids would say. :D

To my brother Sophist, this is an operational set back. We have seen darker days, but LA will be bac in the fold soon. With I hope as little deaths within the clans of SSC.

Good grief yaa Oodweyne!

Your ceaseless banter since the fall of LA begged a harsh retort however. I take you as a student of Somali literature, and Faytani’s famous lines were what I was after.

Hal garawshalaa Saahidow gobi la yeedhaaye’e!

Don’t tear your garments over it or gnash your teeth for I have not suspected your lineage! It’s your manners and attitudes as you displayed them here and conducted your worth that I meant to reproach!

Even if you ascribe to it more than it was actually meant, I am counting on your little victory whose affect you have been thus far unable to handle with grace to sort of intoxicate :D you from resorting to vulgarity!

PS--It goes without saying that NGONGE was more judicious than I in his response!

Taleexi   

Dear Mr.Sophist,

I would advice that you engage and partake behind the scene plans of reclaiming our territories and people, and as I see to it your announcement was unnecessary even though it is a touching honor to the depth of our bond and further proof of the spirit and the heart of the city that cherished by many and loved by a nation. Rest assured, it is a proven theory that a clan can’t impose their will on another, at least in the case of Somalia thus what do you have to worry about?, because we all are on the same boat and if it sails smoothly we are all save, if it sinks we will all descend to the bottom of the body water on the same rate. Game theory is exercised here, if they cooperate we cooperate if not whatever their action is, must reciprocated. The plain field is leveled, just compete!! and come up with strategy that is all what it really is ;)

SOO MAAL   

Brother Sophist,

Insha Allah, we will reclaim our peaceful Laascaanood, and liberate our people and our region SSC from the invaders

Coloow   

Asc, I feel your pain Jaalle Sophist.

Alle maxaay hurdo la'aan igu dhacday december. There are many of us who cried when the Ethiopian tanks (with the help of quislings, conflict entrepreneurs,tribal warlords) massacred women and children. Some of the members of SOL were rejoicing when helpless refugees were targeted (we have had Goebels, Maxamed Sahaf and men who used the words of history's propaganda chiefs praising these killings). and many of us could not stand the constant propaganda of the SOL members who never saw beyond tribalism and took time off. (Some of these have susbequently become opponents of the TFG when they saw that their respective tribes did not gain anything). It is interesting to note that many members on this board are clan ambassadors. Their views are dynamic and depend on tribalism rather than for the good of somalis. The irony is that many of these people reside in the relative comfort of western nations.

The Las-Canood issue is of course painful to those who families are caught in. But as far as I know the "invaders" are non other than somalis (by invaders I mean the so called puntland darwish, the somaliland armies). Somalilanders should not count their chicken before the eggs are hatched. This conflict costs money (they are not using sand), it will destablise the peace that eluded many other regions in somalia. Taking a village might result in an all out war.

The Las caanod problem and the many conflicts in the making (Bosaso exprienced gun fighting yesterday) is the result of the TFG actions. Lacking popular support anywhere save a few pockets in Northern Muqdisho and northern galkacyo, these thugs thrive on conflicts. It will be easy to blame it on foreigners, other tribes and islamists.

I hate to use the word liberate (popular on these boards). Liberated from who? if there is a territory that should be liberated (in the actual sense of the word as used by the United Nations- self determination- it is somalia that has a case. Somalia was invaded, is in the hands of thugs. Somali galbeed is facing starvation, killings etc at the hands of the ethiopian army). The NFD is suffocated by the madax korankor.

For a sane somali the issue of liberation evolves on living in peace. It does not matter if the somali entity that brought peace is called Puntland, somaliland and any other land prefix.

But I guess sane somalis are few and far between (look at the political section)!

Fabregas   

During the past 17 years many Somali cities changed hands between rival warlords. This is what has simply happened in Lasanod! Nothing more nothing less!