Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Sisters Only--Health Issues.. (How do you Treat....)

Hibo   

Asalam Alaikum sisters. Just wanted to ask if there's a Somali traditional way of treating Cramps associated with the monthly cycle we go through. I've tried Paprins/Midol/etc. Nothing seems to be working for me. Every month i experience a terrible pain--bringing my chin to my knees, like a scorpion.

Is there a Somali Way of treating it? I'm sure our moms dealt it in a fashionable Somali style. Thanks in advanace.

Girl_in_Pain

Baydan   

WsWrWb

Sis consult your doctor..tell them how excuriating the pain is for you...I know of a pill they subscribe you cant simply buy it from the drugstor..very powerful..puts to sleep right away. It is also loaded with side effects from pregnancy complication to fatigue to blury-eyes.

Best advice though ...grind your teeths and chuck it up.

Kool_Kat   

Like Baydan said, consult with your doctor. They would most likely put you on the birth control pill, which really works. I know they have more improved ones out now. So try that.

If not, my mother once told me something about xabasooda and malab (honey) - I am not really sure about the malab part, though. Also, have a cup of hot tea with Ginger. Drink a lot of fluid, mostly warm if you can.

Good luck...

Hibo   

Thank you Baydan and Kool kat.

I'm more like interested a Somali Remedy..herbs etc. Don't want to be druged lol. Birth Control pills are out of the question. My Doc suggested once, and I refused it. I'm scared of the thing, don't want to have my tupes knoted before seeing my chance of conceiving babies. I'll maybe consider it after having few juniors cwm1.gif I'll try the Xabad sooda and Ginger. Thanks again sisters. Keep the advice coming.

Hibo   

I feel ya girl, my craps used to keep in bed for hours ...... I would recommend a warmer (hot water bot.) and feminax ... works for me.

i think, the pain is also dependent on your homons so healthy eating ... make sure U get nuff iron on ya girl.

Hope dat helps..... and share whatever remedies you find.

salaaaaaams

Hibo   

I don't kno any Somali remedies...but Paracetamol works 4 me. I eat the damn things like rice the first couple of days and it really helps....of course I'll probably get kidney failure later in life but I don't really care.

I've a low pain threshold when it comes to cramps....they r so painful u feel like dying! I can't tolerate it. cwm28.gif

Salaan...

I didn't really know how painful was this. Sorry hee abaayaasha tutigiin. Walaahi, I didn't know it is was this kind of inflicting. frown.gif

Oops, my tip-toing had been caught. I am in the wrong washroom. Darn someone in some ugly mind blocked the MAN side in the woMAN sign. It is perhaps my poor vision. Or perhaps my rushing kidneys. Sorry once more. smile.gif

Macsalaama!!

Buubto   

may Allah relief it from u. like other sisters said consult it with ur doctor but don’t rush to pills that might effect ur future. My mum always tells me to drink xabadisooda with milk or xabadi soda with malab like sis kool_kat said. Xabadi soda is really good medicine is the best one infact. Take it 3 time a day.. Once u start it don’t cut it down continue it as a habbit, is not only good for period pain it also good for other pains. On top of that take filfil with a milk 2-3 times a day if u can. That should help insha Allah.

P.s xabadi soda is one of the herbs that our prophet Mohamed recommended to us, “is a shifah” he said. There is many ppl who gave up on doctors, found their medicine in xabadi soda. So niyeeso then take it. best of luck cwm37.gif

[This message has been edited by Buubto (edited 03-28-2002).]

Hibo   

I always lay on my stomach when I have period pains which is rare Alxamdulilah, I normally get it as the seasons change from So that would be approx. 4 times a year.

& I'm actually on my period right at dis moment & guess what I did. I drank tea damn I never drink tea, but it actually helped my pains.

What do u sisters think about Tampons? I mean most sisters I know thinks it's absurd & very unacceptable what do ya'll think?

& does any1 know what women in Somalia used to use when they were menstruating?

hi sis..I just take a warm bath or wrap a warm towel around my stomach.That works for me and i hope it works for u,coz it sometimes can get really painful...

Hibo   

I would suggest you consult with a doctor. And yeah, Malab is used as a remedy to cure alot of illnesses....I get a cold, and my grandma always gives me Malab ....lol.

------------------

"My Umi says shine your light on the world..." Mos Def

I don't know about natural remedies. However, there are these pills that work wonders. I mean pain-no-more wonders. I think its called mephenal (or something along the lines). Go to your doctor and ask about them.

:cool:

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

Mix xabadsoodo with malab and take it everyday for couple of months, it worked wonders for me.

EeeeW!!! You girls r taking this family thing too far...2 much detail!

Ponsten works well..its a strong pain killer. Also feminax works well as it relaxes your intra-uterine muscles.