Sign in to follow this  
Sugar Love

Should I get Married

sugar gal, I don't think age matters when it comes to marriage. As long as you find someone that ur happy with. I had my nikah done when I was 17 and my fiance is six years older than me. People were pressuring me for getting engaged at a young age but what mattered the most was I was happy with the person I married and my parents were happy for me. So girl don't pressure ur self as long as ur happy with ur life don't give a care of what others say about you.

Aaliyyah   

^Juweiriah masha allah. In my opinion 17 is too young, but recently I met few girls who got married in that age range. Just the other day I was talking to a sister who is 22 and had like three kids...I was like masha allah....i guess many of us have this ideology that if you are a teen then you cant take certain responsibility. we tend to forget that it is relative and depends on the situation. Like if you meet the right person even as young as 17, nothing should hold you back. I know married couples who have kids and yet continue their studies. It gets hard for sure, bt nothing is impossible..

Sugar sweetie now that you received all these advices ....it is up to you to make up ur mind

Faynuus   

Sugar get married right away. These people who rush you, rush you becouse they care abt you and your future. All the fancy life style and the demanding but successful carriers will fade in time so i say if you find a suitor, GO FOR IT. Rashing into marriage is not bad, it is good to rush into marriage that way you complete half of your faith and you just need to take care of the other half.

C,on, all this perfect husband you talking abt is only in your head not in REAL LIFE. Every body has humps here and there even YOU.

When you grow old, when you all your peers have grown up kids who help them, you will regret why you did not marry sooner. MARRY MARRY now.

Faynuus...Cajiib inanta maxaad uu dagdaginesa...Mall maad taqanaa that we can order the best package for Mr.Right...walashiis..if their is one place out let us know other wize...let the girl relax......

A Rules girl doesn't seatle for Giljire...we wait to be served.....lol.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^
:D
I ask again what is wrong with us exactly ?

^lol, absolutely nothing, I happen to think Geejire is the best of men. However, it all depends on ones definition of Geeljire....As the say Rag waa ragii hore smile.gif

NGONGE   

With age and time, ones opinions tend to change and soften. This is what is going to happen to you in the coming years. The average looking guys that you turn your nose up at will soon start to look like total stallions. The boring fellows that you can not stand will amazingly turn into the life and soul of any party! In short, your standards will drop or, to put it in a nicer way, your priorities will change.

My opinion about marriage these days has totally changed. I believe that one (especially girls) should get married as soon as they hit puberty. So, I can clearly understand why some people think twenty five years old is over the hell already! Get married, WOMAN.

When talking about the availability or lack of eligible Somali men, I have to say that this problem only exists in your head and not real life. My dear, as I always tell all the single girls: if you go to Somalia, you will see Somali taag taagan!

Of course, most of the girls cringe at the thought of going to Somalia to pick up their perfect match. They all seem to have this crazy preconceived idea that all the men back there are useless, ignorant and not marriage material. They also argue that they would have nothing in common with a man in Somalia! I of course beg to differ. How many millions of men that are within the range of marriageable age could be found in Somalia? How many of those are serious and responsible? Is it not conceivably possible to find at least a thousand that would fit most of your criteria, if only you would view matters with an open mind? As the cliched saying goes: you do the math.

Of course, the biggest argument against marrying someone (a man) from back home is that he may not be on the same level of education as yourself. But, if you stop and consider, you'll realise that many of the ones that you deem suitable were living in Somalia a few years back and did not (too) fit your criteria. I personally met many that arrived five or six years ago and now have a university degree, a house, car and good job (many I say). Five years ago, they were back home and did not register in the radars of many western girls. Today, they're being desired by all and sundry!

Go home and catch yourself a good, responsible and good looking man. If he's ambitious, driven and determined it'll only be a matter of a half dozen years before he's outstripping all the riffraff that you, today, consider for marriage.

Still, don't let me confuse you with these ideas about marrying someone from back home. This is not really my point. My point is that you should get married PRONTO. It will save you all the hassle about dating, shukaansi, lying on your pillow for years on end thinking about this boy or that man, and if they're worth talking to or not.

The fact that you're debating the subject means that you've obviously started entertaining the idea. There is a chink in your armour, my dear. Your defences have been preached. A crack now appears where there was none. The drip drip sound of wedding bells is faintly ringing all around you. Save yourself. Jump before you're pushed. Make it your choice. Get married already, you wavering spinster.

Mabrook. :D

Malika   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

When talking about the availability or lack of eligible Somali men, I have to say that this problem only exists in your head and not real life. My dear, as I always tell all the single girls: if you go to Somalia, you will see Somali taag taagan!

^Loooooooool..that made me laugh,waar niimaan iskaa taag taagan yaa waax kufaleyaa..Halkan baa weey taag taagyhiin..have you not been in neighbourhoods Somalidu kuu badaynhiin?

Ibtisam   

Ngonge, leave the girl alone, you have posted nothing but utter rubbish as usual. Sister does not sound like she si ready for marriage. Don't push her off the bridge!

NGONGE   

Ibti,

My brother is not going to wait for ever. Get a move on already. ;)

Serenity,

You have every right to dismiss my words in public. But, tonight, when you sit with a hot cup of chocolate and watch the latest episode of S& The City, think of my words again and pick up your dairy to see the nearest available date to go on holiday to the mother land. :D