Sign in to follow this  
Sugar Love

Should I get Married

Ibtisam   

CL

Although it is all good and nice if you are 30, single and comfortable with the fact, or if you are 27, unmarried and not thinking of it at all. However I draw the line at mocking the importance of marriage. (*I can't beleive I'm sticking up for marriage* Marriage can be all that it is cracked up to be and so much more for some people. Others are not so lucky.

TT   

Sugar Love

I can relate. My family have recently started pressuring me to settle down too. Whenever they mention it I just can’t stop laughing. My mom’s friends have also started to get in on the act too. Good Times.

I don’t think you should get married because your family want you to. Marriage is a big step and one that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Some people are content in marrying someone they met a couple of times, while others need years to make up their mind. Do what is right for you. Marriage means compromising and not always getting your way. Every decision you make has to be made as a couple. Are you ready to take on all of that responsibility at this point in your life?

I also think you should move out, if you live at home with your parents. Living on your own independently allows you to get away from all of that pressure and gives you perspective. You will soon find out there is no rush to get hitched, and you can relax. Also make a list of all the things you want to accomplish in your life, whether it is traveling, to learn a language or bungee jump. Start doing those things now and have fun.

Zakinah   

^Are u encouraging the sister to Move out!! :rolleyes:

call me an old fashion laakiin thats wrong,gabadha inteey guriga waaridkeeda joogto ayeey asturantahay!!

somalidu waxeey tiraahdaa gabadhu ama guri ha yeelato, ama guri waalidkeed ha joogto ama god ha ku jidho si kale kuma asturnaato!!.

SugarLove, abaayo no need to rush, when u meet the right Faarax u will know...

Allahu aclam.

Originally posted by Zakinah:

somalidu waxeey tiraahdaa gabadhu ama guri ha yeelato, ama guri waalidkeed ha joogto ama god ha ku jidho si kale kuma asturnaato!!.

When you start a sentence with 'Soomaalidu waxay tidhaahdaa', it looses all credibility.

TT   

Zakinah,

I'm encouraging her to be more independent. There is nothing wrong with having your own place and doesn't imply the person has lose morals!

If anything, you learn how to fend for yourself and you'll appreciate how hard your parents had to work to pay the household bills.

Anyways, its just a thought......

-Lily-   

Independence, the act of being self reliant, does not necessarily equate to living alone and can also be a state of mind & behaviour.

Zakina, you should know by now that Somali sayings towards women are mostly misogynist comments.

JUSTICE   

You need to hear this from someone who had been in the scene>>>>Me

Don't just kick them, give them a chance and try hard to make it work...

Zakinah   

Horta qof walbe qumanihiis ayaa qoorta ugu jidho..

Lily,

I know that there are somali sayings that are degrading towards woman laakin this one wasnt degrading because its actually not only a somali saying laakin a saying from our beloved prophet.