Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

What ever happened to this nomad?

Gabbal   

War Jumatatu halkee buu ka baxay? I remember Juma voicing unsavory opinion but nothing that could have been deemed worse then alot of what present nomads have said. With that said: Where is the nomad?

Yeniceri   

Ain't it obvious? JUMATATU'S voice of dissent has been silenced by the powers that be. What threat he posed to the Forum (and to its members) remains unknown, however (but I doubt he was a threat at all).

Yet, the "Puntlandization" and the systematic "Yeyism" of the SOL Politics section continues unabated. Have they no shame? :confused:

Castro   

^ I believe Jumatatu was banned not because of his "voice of dissent" but his vulgar and indecent referal to attrocities that occured in Somalia in the past 15 years. Specifically, his references to rapes and murders of innocent people. That's why he was banned. In addition, he was given ample opportunity to retract his universally offensive statements but he was adamant he'd done nothing wrong. With that insistence, the administration of the site, I suspect, decided his presence was neither compliant with the rules of SOL nor conducive to its goals.

Don't be paranoid good Yeniceri. There's no systemic anything on here but a tirade of disillusioned and disinformed opinions.

Xarago   

^^ It is guys like this that make me puke. uuufffa calek, caqaas...! I can understand a moderator or an admin streghting his muscles and banning people in order to prove his authority, whether he is wrong or not does not matter cause he has the last say. But people like this Cuban who are trying to find an excuse for admins actions is disgusting.

Tell me Mr.admins'pet aka Castro what justified the kicking of the sawaxili, when he was merely responding to a comment that was similar than the one he made.May be you are among the many that was annoyed by Jamu posts in here, well let me tell you this huuno he was on the other side of the fence in contrast to many that are holed up in this fadhi-ku-dirir. It is just pity though that he was banned and a big boost was given to the other camp.

Jamu's last post's

Johnny B   

True indeed Xarago !!

No matter how i try i can´t bring the balance of the political section back !

Juma , the one man army left a vacuum behind.

let us hope that ppl who banned him consider our plea.

For the sake of the possitive contributions Juma made to this site, We hope for an Amnesty for all those who contributed possitively , but has a miss or two.

I personally offer my membership canceled and banned in exchange for Juma.

^^JB-yow,Juma waxaan xishoonayn buu ahaa. I personaly sent pm urging him to retract najjaasaduu qoray.

All humans, good JB, are prone to err. The worst are those who are too proud to correct their faults, and the best of them are those who are humble enough to recognize and amend. The ban should stand, as long bro Juma stands by the rubbish he wrote.

Castro   

^ Even more, I chatted with Juma on IM shortly after the incident. His rejection of any possibility that what he said was devestating blew me away. The line must be drawn somewhere. It's too bad how that particular event transpired.

I suppose amnesty is not a bad thing but truth and reconciliation must occur first. Otherwise, it is meaningless, good JB.

Johnny B   

Good Xiin , better Castro , i understand your points and i in no way am here defending Juma´s stand in that particular poisioned thread.

Even i´d a rubbish exchange with Mr O in that thread, what i later realized was ,actually the very ppl i was exchanging rubish clanish sentiments with,had gone through hell, and had a first hand experience of the shit.

It takes a great dose of unselfishness to realise how harmful and devastating your words can be sometime. I´ve yet to say Sorry to Mr O, i feel ashamed :(

Nonetheless. rules are rules, but i stand by the plea n hope for an amnesty.

Gabbal   

Let Jumatatu back in. Even though I personally took offense at what he voiced and I can't help but think he crossed the line, I feel he didn't really break any of the rules of the website. There are those who continually used to refer to the capital in negative cannotations on par with Juma yet they are still here. Fair is fair, let him back in and take that as a plea.

AYOUB   

I know Juma has been gagged, but where's his buddy-buddy Ngonge? Two MIA within 24hrs?

After a long consultation with the moderator of this section, we made the decision that Jumatatu is best to leave this forum and can only come back if the nomad admits that he broke the golden rules of the forum and will not do so in the future...

“Attacking†personalities, warlords, rebel groups or any other hebel-created organization is legitimate and within the rules of SOL as long as the “vulgarity†rule is not broken. In our judgment, such an attack is not synonymous with a tribal attack. This rule has always been here and it will stay that way.

Ain't it funny that the last time he got done it was for criticing a retaurant? :D

Juma's comments were diplorable but should not have been banned, in my humble opinion. He is not the first either.

Ps Inaar Suldanka keep in touch just incase... smile.gif

Kashanre (Horn) - in all fairness, if it is a blend or perhaps a spade of a kind that which you seek, why not ask about Rahima. In all aspects, the good lass entertained alike views, was far too civil, far more intelligent and a reasonable contributor to the discourse than that ignoramus Juma. Banned, I think she was not. A good company, I trust she would make.

Judging from his last post, his ignorance of all things humane, sheer inanity and childish reasoning, I question the motive for any right thinking person to seek forgiveness on behalf of such a creature. Hurdle obscenities and sneak in obscurities for all one cares, but with one baring bare buttocks to the congregating flock one too many times, as the case was with Juma, reason flies out of the window, and with it goes out decency. Seeking that, are we? So Kashanre misses his sidekick, or Xarago feels neglected, or J B feels lonely, so be it. Good riddance, I say! And keep the muck to the skip!

Tata...

Sayyid   

To be fair to Kashanre, I believe he's only doing the honourable thing of compaigning for the reinstatment of his friend Juma because he did so when he was himself banned.

Realising that Juma indeed stood up for him and defended his integrity until ofcourse he was equitted of his charge.

I can also sense an ulterior motive apart from the earlier reason why he's so hard compaigning, he's simply doing in order to keep the status quo.

Kashanre you have nothing to fear from anybody because the status quo isn't lost, there are numerous other people who make a lot of noise.

On the other hand I don't believe that our brother Juma should come back until he actually apologies for his inhumane remarks.

And to Kashanre I'd like to say this "Yes Brother you're just doing what juma did for you and you had a good relationship and history with him but unfortunately the reason why you got banned and him is a stark difference.

So much hatred is just beyond believe. I agree that the title of thread was a little bit provocotive for as Juma believed people were picking on his people, which seems a little bit understanding because for some people the USC and its tribal affiliation are one and the same.

The word USC has become synonymous with clan *x*x*x. But for others USC was a nothing more than a rebel group, which failed to unite the people who had high aspirations for them.

For me USC is not a tribe or a clan but a somali rebel group dominated by a clan like any other rebel group and they ought to be judged according to what they did.

However the sudden outburst of juma was totally uncalled for and for someone to say that he had rejoiced on the killing, raping and displacing of innocent people is totally wrong and no one could excuse that.

We all agree on that. He was given a chance to retract his earlier comments and appologise but he declined because no one can be made to appologise for what they believe to be right.

Juma has transgressed the boundry and fine line of making mockery out of the plight of people, how can someone excuse such utter hatred?

How do you think it would go down with people who lost their dear ones as a direct result or indirect result of what he perceived was right.

My aunt had to flee from Moqadishu whilst she was pregnant and because of what she went through birth complications arouse and because they didn't have any money both her and the child died. What do you think about that?

I lost uncles and other numerous relatives who were absolutely in no way or form connected to the former regime, they were killed because they belonged to clan X.

How can someone condone and rejoice on the killing of innocent people?

I believe you very well know Kashanre that your friend Juma made a big mistake this time and unless he apologies for it, we don't want him back here.

I don't have any favourites in SOL politics section, for me all Somalis regardless their tribal affiliation are my brothers but for others it seems that they prefer certain individuals over others because they not prefer their views but their tribal affiliation and I believe that is the exact reason why Xarago wants him back because she felt more comfortable with him rather without him.

I wouldn't prefer anyone over anyone in here because if they agree with me that's fine with me and if not iam not angry because I know that they're my brothers and that we share so much with each other and that nothing could ever separate us from each other, that's why they registered with this site in the first place because its a place where people who share one culture, language, religion, heritage, history and country.

Why do we've so money different people of different clans in here, who understand, respect and love each other and wouldn't in a millions time dream to rejoice or wish misery on their brother because he/she hails from region x or clan z.

Regardless of what people think of me or what they perceive I stand for I'd like to say this to you "I love you all for the sake of Allaah the exalted and because you're my people."

Yes we sometimes fall victim to clannism but I would never go as far as wishing misery or plight to my fellow somali brother.

It's only politicians who're trying to divide us up but they will fail because we share too much with each other. We're the most homogenous society in the whole of Africa how ironic and it seems that we're the most difficult to get along with each other. Other countries especially on the continent have different languages, religions and ethnic groups but we Somalis a ancient beautiful race are certainly different from all those other nations.

Long live the Somali people and Somalia.

Gabbal   

^Hadalkaadu meel fiican buu iiga dhici lahaa hadaanun garanayn waxaad tahay iyo tariikhda aad meelahaan ku reebtay.

Samurai

I want to restress that I hold the opinion that Jumatatu displayed here offensive and sad, and I even pitied him for being so weak as an individual to be driven that low. However, there have been numerous occasions on this part of the forum in which insulting and degrading certain people of certain origions calling them and labeling them all kinds of inhumane descriptions was the norm. All nomads have participated in that sort of diatribe. In the history of this forum, there have been so many occasions of extreme disrespect that some of us would simply think as just low, but such that others would have felt it was outright vulger and repulsive and on par with what the aforementioned nomad was banned for. In all honesty, Juma did have a fairly clean track record before that incident and even though he expressed unsavory opinion, I do not think he should have faced the firing squad while others, and who have done it repeatedly , roam free! He should have been chastised, criticised, and made to feel ignorant for those views but not get banned for what others have yet to face retribution for.

I urge the moderators/Admin to reconsider their decision and realize that while they might be biased on discussions going on here, they should not be biased in carrying out their duties. That is but a friendly suggestion.

Yenicer-

It has nothing to do with "Puntlandization" or "Yeyism" and to think in those terms is to indulge in conspiracy theories. Not healthy. I pitied Juma for thinking along those terms too, but not necessarily get banned for them.