Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

What ever happened to this nomad?

Karanshe (Horn) I have witnessed quite a bit of passivism in my time, but nothing compares to what I derive from your postings. For the years I have been a frequent member of SOL, I am yet to come across anything as abhorrent and as vile as the gentleman in question’s last acidic remarks.

I recall if I am not mistaken that many have pleaded with him to retract those awful words of his, and as appalled as many found his, indifferent he remained which in itself showed how infantile he had been. You see, in life there are times where one is convinced to be on the right, but even so others might feel otherwise in urging one to take a grace fall, as a result of which one simply obliges in respect of others and falls, as the issue is no longer who is right or not. Am afraid our friend Juma was a bit of tawrag demonstrating the hideous side of our less refined social culture in that I suspect his absence shall not be missed as much as his presence shall not cheer anyone. Having said that, it is entirely up to the Admins to do as they please!

And one other thing, no matter how harsh, abrasive or less civil we might be to one another, there is a limit as to what one could say with respect to one’s fellow countrymen.

Saying to someone that “raping innocent Somali girls was a pleasure and a cherished memory†is one of those things that one could never bring oneself to even admit its existence, let alone take pride in or be proud of. Imagine, if you will, if a lad of Juma’s age and mindset whose sister or someone he knows that had fallen prey to the savage rampage of the id..ots he, Juma holds so dear as to his heroes, was to read that statement and goes on the hunt for innocent girls of Juma's kinship (Somali) and subject them to horrific acts similar to those Juma felt were justified in the early 90s – an era right thinking Somalis wish never surfaced.

Make no mistake, the scars are fresh, families are still reeling in anguish dealing with the ordeal and the loss of the era in question in that many cannot bring themselves to even think about let alone deal with the harsh realities. Further, there are living persons whose relatives had either perished or still carry the scars of the ghastly events resulting from the civil war who are still in the digs wailing in vain.

I doubt Juma sees any trouble in such acts, therefore are we to condone those acts by tolerating his insidious statements when innocent Somali girls are on the receiving end? I think not as my conscious and morals will not forgive me should I willy-nilly shoulder the most abominable of acts and most objectionable of statements. Then again, the Admins I am not.

Tata…

Johnny B   

I´d like to differentiate defending Juma qua Juma and Juma qua the one who uttered rubbish against helpless victims, who beleives in and takes bride in thusly finds it justifieable.

For the very few of us who know Juma the persona , Juma qua Juma can´t beleive in the latter, becouse the victims in question were partially Juma´s own blood and flesh.

thus the elusive depiction of Juma beeing a USC rag tag who was salivating while he was making that senseless comment is basically groundless.

We´re all aware of the low quality exchanges that are the norm in the political section, not so long ago i witnessed someone calling the ppl who hail from south Galcaio down irespectively barbaric and having the closing words of " walahu aclam " in his post,as if it cleans his rubbish,imagine that.

yet Jumas´s comment has been perceived lower and emotionally unbearable, not only by you, but by Mutakalim, Bashi, Castro,Xiin, Horn, MMA,LST and myself, becouse it was not expected from a man of Juma´s clibre.

What i´m loosing in you (Samurai) is the very deceny and spading you are demanding of Horn, me and Xarago.

Bro Samurai, Myself,Xarago, Horn and all those who would like Juma back are not a sensless thugs who enjoyed Juma´s comment n want him back,for him to make more juicy ones,dare i say.

if that is what´s instilled into your mind by default(can´t just be from your normal observation), not only Juma but we too have to come clean and satisfy your emotionally lashed norms, and i dare tell ya that mired in hateful bigotry are we NOT.

thus , our plea is natural, we miss Juma,

I´m of the idea that Juma failed to understand how the comment was beeing perceived and the extent of the emotional demage it could cause.

No matter how you turn and twist it, it´s not gonna be easy to both stay politically inclined and find any supposedly opponent´s statement benignly connoted.

This is not a "Free Mandela" like plea, yet we KNOW there is more into the man than what has been so far judged. :D

J B - Glad I am to learn Juma has dear ones in our midst. Pleased also one must be that you feel he is nothing in person like the man whom we have come to glimpse in his ghastly departure. Err, men are bound to; recognise theirs, a few [as the plea was to beget]; revel in their obduracy, many do [as the case was in this instance.]

Speak more, my dear J B and do elaborate.

“….What i´m loosing in you (Samurai) is the very deceny and spading you are demanding of Horn, me and Xarago.

My dear JB- you are not suggesting I am a hateful bigot, are you?

if that is what´s instilled into your mind by default(can´t just be from your normal observation)

I dare suggest you are no thugs, however I am sensing a bit of “ciyaal xaafo†mores with the tendency of “caadi waaye nooh†type throwbacks where all hell breaks loose and blood is in full stream. Perhaps us folks up north are a bit traditional with custom taking the centre stage, in other words “waxaan lagu kaftamin ayaa jira, kufsiga hablahayagu (Somali) is oneâ€. Anyone who deems it as such shall not enjoy my company, if at all saved by the toll of the bell before my sword cleaves off the tandem that binds the head to the torso. So, you see my dear boy there lies the trouble with you and I as to why I miss not Juma whereas you seem to.

â€â€¦Bro Samurai, Myself,Xarago, Horn and all those who would like Juma back are not a sensless thugs who enjoyed Juma´s comment n want him back,for him to make more juicy ones,dare i say.â€

By all means, make a case for him, plea on his behalf, - and whilst you are it, perhpas you want to have him pen a letter of apology to the Admins, and let it be.

Tata…

Castro   

Originally posted by samuraiW:

perhpas you want to have him pen a letter of apology to the Admins, and let it be.

I'm afraid, with all due respect SW, such a letter of apology is not due the Admins only but all Somalis. I personally demand a formal and public apology. And that is in addition to a promise never to engage in such behavior going forward.

I most definitely concur.

"...Castro: I'm afraid, with all due respect SW, such a letter of apology is not due the Admins only but all Somalis. I personally demand a formal and public apology. And that is in addition to a promise never to engage in such behavior going forward."

Paragon   

Perhaps us folks up north are a bit traditional with custom taking the centre stage, in other words “waxaan lagu kaftamin ayaa jira, kufsiga hablahayagu (Somali) is oneâ€.

Sumarai, waxaan lagu kaftamin soo deelqaaf ma aha? Hadayse wax kale tahayse, hadmaa ugu dambaysey dhaqan-wanaag iyo tixgelin dadka ay is tixgeliyaan? Jawaabtu waa waaya hore sxb. Ninka deelqaaf afkiisa eey ka soo baxdo, sharaftiisa ayeey wax dhimi jirtey ee marnaba lama af-jukayn jirin . Haduu Jumatatu afuxumo iyo hadallo laga-rooni ah ku hadley, maxaa looga roonaan waayey oo loo tir tiri waayey wuxuu soo daabacay? Ileen awood ayaa loo leeyahay in la tirtiro eh, iyoo si odaynimo ahna Jumatatu loola showrayo! Hadaan la kala roonaan Roob ma da'o. The atitute prevalent in this topic and the action taken against Jumatatu (who has committed a deelqaaf) smells of 'Hollier than thou' attitude, which only shows isla weynaanta iyo isla fiicnaanta aan iska dhaadhicinay . Qofkii qawl aanan quruxsanayn ku hadlaa horey loo ma gowraco ee waa loo odayeeyaa sxbyaal. Hadaanan la helin dad inoo wada odayeeya, walluu kibir boholla naga ridi.

On another point, I doubt whether what Jumatatu said, however deplorable it might have been, is unusually rare to hear from Somalida. It seems he only made public what many Somalis (of all sides) say in private. Unless all ugly, in-group and private hate stories are made public and we (all Somalis) get to forgive each other, we will not get past the war-time session of our history. God knows all the clanist glorifications that goes on in private and almost all of us are indenial of it. There has been a civil war for the last 15 years and is still raging, and there are residue hatred lurking beneath most our skins, so come off it people. Don't act 'hollier than thou' part with me here.

PS: The Admin can recognize that he has a big responsibility in making sure that there must be a starting point for forgiveness, if Somalis are to forgive themselves . That before forgiveness there is an ugly and vengeful phase to be crossed, a phase that needs our understanding and forgiveness, in order to arrive at Calool-fiyoobi for each other.

Castro   

^ Paragon, atheer, this is no witch hunt. Juma's comments were the olympic gold medal winners in a place where obscenities and vileness (silver and bronze) are common. Re-read the thread. Yes, the admins could have just deleted it and moved on. It happens all the time. In this case, however, I'm sure the statements were so vulgar and the attitude with them so unrepentant and hostile that removing the words alone would not suffice as a deterrent to such behavior.

I also take exception, atheer, to your statement about how Juma spoke aloud that which "most" Somalis say in private. Atheer, I don't know who you congregate with but I have never, ever, heard any Somali that I know (or know of) say such things. If I did, my reaction would have been exactly the same as that I showed towards Juma. I'd offer ample opportunity to reconsider and retract these statements. Failing to do so, I would ban them from my circle, permenantly. Finally, just because there's much boolshidh and vile statements routinely strewn in this section, that does not mean we would allow someone to come along and desensitize us even further and take away what little is left of our humanity, atheer.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Castro:

Finally, just because there's much boolshidh and vile statements routinely strewn in this section, that does not mean we would allow someone to come along and desensitize us even further and take away what's left of our humanity, atheer.

Heh. Adeer, to relay it to you crudely, there is nothing left of our humanity. The sooner you come to that conclusion the better. I 'never' did this or I 'never' said that still amounts to denial. And denial it shall remain sxb. If we did not do this or say that, we won't be in this situation, Amigo. Accept, there is no 'Holly Somali' in our midst. None at all.

and desensitize us even further

I would wish we would go through complete de-sensitization and then selective sensitization in order to shed some of our ugly tendencies.

[Edited]

Castro   

^ A grim assessment indeed, good Paragon. And one that I disagree with, atheer. There are no holy Somalis, granted, but there many inncocent ones. Those who fear Allah and despite the insanity surrounding them have chosen not to engage in it, with thought and deed, in any way. I'm no saint but I do know right from wrong. And what I saw in that thread was wrong.

Paragon – Dhaqan-wanaag waa horuu dhumay, qiil ma noqotoaa? Waa maya. Dhaqankii biyaw e, aburka aynu baxnaanino waa gunnimo e, ma ina qabataa? Waa maya. Waa aynu jabnay e, jadiin aakhiro aynu jadiimano, ma garbaa? Waa maya – Eegey waa la qooqaa qooblay looma qoor gooyo.

Waa gafay e raali ha la iga ahaado, waa xaaja rag. Waa gafay, qummanahay ayaana qoorta iigu jidhin, indha-adayg iyo camal caruureed iga dheh. Waa laga roonaaday Juma oo rag badan ayaa isku dayey in ay u caqli celiyaan, ka codsanday in uu dib isugu noqodo, raali gelinna ka bixiyo gafka, mase noqon oo indha-adayg iyo jahli gaamuray ayaa uu mciin biday – waa uu xujoobay, waana loo qoordiiday.

Meel afcaashaa fawaaxishka ah lagaga dhaqmo ama lagaga sheekaysto ma arag, imana soo madhin, waana ii ugub kufsi lagu faano – malaha taas ayaa u abda’ ah in aynaan isku si u arag mashaqada iyo najaasada Juma la shir yimid. Il halaga dabto, dhagna hala gufaysto haddii ay kaa tahay, aashaa, adaana cirka roob ku og!

Tata…

Paragon   

Castro sxb, socially, we are in a grim situation, and by God, the sooner we see our situation in its most grim and clear form, we don't have a flicker of hope to rise above it. This is a great nation awaiting its people to reach self-realization, honest and sincere admission of their mishaps. And we won't achieve self-realization as long we are pointing fingers at each other and re-joicing at each others' gaffs. Look, I am guilty, and damn am I not guilty of turning a blind eye on Somali issues and claiming my detachment from other Somalis. I am also guilty of indifference of the wrongs Somalis do to each other. However, I am no longer going to let Somalia/land slide by me.

Castro   

^ Apathy is not synonymous with vileness saaxib. I'm guilty of apathy. I'm not guilty of that which Juma is guilty of. What we need is an exorcism of those who commit atrocious deeds and those who speak atrocious words.

Doubt no more, good Paragon, for the vulgar Juma spewed on us was indeed rarity in this place. I for one have never heard or read some one who took special pride in rape, like Juma had done! Edeer Maxaad ii keentay? True that, ninkii ey rabbaystaa fadaro aano waw yahay, but to assert such afxumo and unashamed attitude is common occurrence in our society is, I am afraid, a leap of improbability. It is not that Juma had disrespected the rules of this site that worried me, but it was how un-Islamic his attitude was which got me concern. The man had indeed drunk from a dirty clannish bog. Rescue I tried to do. But he had sunk beyond hope.

Perhaps the subtitle of all this is to urge the admin to, somehow, restore the clannish symmetry of this place for it seems that politics section is dominated by certain group. That is a legitimate grievance by itself, but a one, if I hazard a guess, which the good admin have no control over.

For those of you who knew the better side of the said man, do your best, I plea, to fight for his causes if you so wish, but don’t you flood us with these ceaseless pleas of his return.

Paragon   

Originally posted by samuraiW: Paragon – Dhaqan-wanaag waa horuu dhumay, qiil ma noqotoaa? Waa maya. Dhaqankii biyaw e, aburka aynu baxnaanino waa gunnimo e, ma ina qabataa? Waa maya. Waa aynu jabnay e, jadiin aakhiro aynu jadiimano, ma garbaa? Waa maya – Eegey waa la qooqaa qooblay looma qoor gooyo.

Sumarai, lol. 'dhaqan-wanaaggu' haduu lumo, dhaqan-xumo ayaa meesha soo gasha, af-xumo iyo af-laggaadona, dhaqan-lumay baa u qiil ah. Ee bal ninyahow sadarka hore ee aad soo qortay dib ugu laabo oo hubi hagaagiisa. Sadarada kale se isku xagla-daallin maayo, waayo waa howraar aan higsi lahayn.

Waa gafay e raali ha la iga ahaado, waa xaaja rag. Waa gafay, qummanahay ayaana qoorta iigu jidhin, indha-adayg iyo camal caruureed iga dheh. Waa laga roonaaday Juma oo rag badan ayaa isku dayey in ay u caqli celiyaan, ka codsanday in uu dib isugu noqodo, raali gelinna ka bixiyo gafka, mase noqon oo indha-adayg iyo jahli gaamuray ayaa uu mciin biday – waa uu xujoobay, waana loo qoordiiday.

War maandhoow maxaan beenta isugu maaweelineynaa? Ma waxaad hada i leedahay Juma inta uusan afxumada soo fatihin, laguma dhego hadlin? Maxaad ooga dhigaysaa in isagoon lala yooyootamin in uu mar qura afka iska furtay? Lol. Haduu Juma af-cad ku caaytamay, waxaa hubanti ah in dad kale aay si dadban ama sarbaab ah iyana ula caytameen Sumarai. Ninka lagu yiraa 'dugaag weeye reer-tolkaa' inuu tookha tuuro, so dow ma aha? Ee faataadhugta haynaga dhaadhinicinina.

Meel afcaashaa fawaaxishka ah lagaga dhaqmo ama lagaga sheekaysto ma arag, imana soo madhin, waana ii ugub kufsi lagu faano – malaha taas ayaa u abda’ ah in aynaan isku si u arag mashaqada iyo najaasada Juma la shir yimid. Il halaga dabto, dhagna hala gufaysto haddii ay kaa tahay, aashaa, adaana cirka roob ku og!

Tata…

Sumarai, as if! This is comedy to me. In kastoo aan kugu raacsanahay in kufsi lagu faantamo ay tahay fadeexo aan sahlanayn; hadana waxaa qosol iyo amakaag isla socdaba leh, dadka iska il-duuffaya xumaanta (sida: dilka iyo xasuuqa) ee aay Soomaali dhex dhufleyneyso. Dhaqankii hooraa xaarantimayn jirey kufsi iyo maato-layn, balse Sumarai, indhaha xuubka ka fiiq. Sannadku waa 2006, dhaqan-wanaagna ku daa. Marka ma waxaan ku dadaalna sidii aan u soo ceshan lahayn dhaqankii naga lumay, mise waxaad rabtaa inaad halkan isaga dhigtid ninka ka gubanaya nin kale af-xumadii IN KASTOO DHAQANKA LAFTIISA UU U BAAHAN YAHAY dabaqabasho? Maxaa iska yeelyeel iyo ninbaa deel-qaafna galay tartaa mar hadii jiritaankayaga la soo laablaabayo? Lol War ninkii af-xumoodaba hadaan afka-laxanka uga jufeyno, been baa isku sheegaynaa sxb.