Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Sometimes I hate being a woman

Do you think our fellas have it easier than us?

I do sometimes, I feel like everything I do is a statement of some sort. My mum was always somewhat of a feminist, and with everything I do, she kept asking: "how will this contribute to the cause of women" or "or what example are you setting for Somali women?"

Sure, they are valid questions. But on top of a careerwoman, you have to be a good mum, good wife etc. The same woman who teaches me to take no **** from my husband and that women are more intelligent than men, is also teaching me the correct way to cook baasto for my future husband or how to wash his laundry.

There is also all the physical stuff, periods, childbirth, overeating when emotional etc. icon_razz.gif

There are all these semi-contradictions when people tell me how to behave: Speak softly but argue with people, go out and explore the world but stay at home with your parents, think but not too much, adapt to western society but don't mix with the infidels. arrgh

Is it true that men just have a better time growing up and suffer less from this feeling of in-betweenness? Is it because women are more complicated than men, and men are satisfied with simpler things like money, women and power? (just kidding smile.gif )

Wiilo   

Never had that Experience of grewing up as a gal or women. I wish i did :D:D Of course I know how to behavior as a women now, but Iam lacking the experience, I grew up with a lots of boys....

Go figure:...........

you shouldnt hate who you are cause you could be a macho man and be a worthless bum... just look at those who dont have anything close to what you have...and how happy they are...

dont worry too much about what ppl say or think,, just do what you think is right and live your life the way you want..

good luck..

Sis XU,

As said,We won't repeat those wise words,

That is why ISLAM takes care about WOMEN so much that it gave a whole Sura(Chapter)as compared to MEN.

We have almost 177 ayahs(verses)mentioning women and look at how Prophet Jesus's Mother Maryam was praised in the Holy Quraan.

There is no verse mentioning MAN alone in the Quraan..Read The following Quranic Quotations

There is always...

The hypocritical men and the hypocritical women

The believing men and the believing women

The believing men and the believing women gardens

'Surely the men who submit and the women who submit, and the believing men and the believing women, and the obeying men and the obeying women, and the truthful men and the truthful women, and the patient men and the patient women and the humble men and the humble women, and the almsgiving men and the almsgiving women, and the fasting men and the fasting women, and the men who guard their private parts and the women who guard, and the men who remember Allah much and the women who remember-- Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a mighty reward'

To sum up...Allah said

'Bad women are for bad men and bad men are for bad women. Good women are for good men and good men are for good women'

----------------------------------------------

I quoted from various suras.

XU, feel nice and happy lady.Allah is with you always.

Thank you Paradigm for your comments, it is nice to be reminded that though sex may matter in the eyes of Man, it doesn't in the eyes of Allah.

Yeah generally I'm very happy with being a woman, however it is just that sometimes I face all these conflicting roles that I am expected to fulfill. It's confusing sometimes. :confused:

Oh, I was only joking about the money, women and power thing. Didn't want to be accused of stereotyping, but between you and me who are we kidding really? ;)

Ohhhhh yeah ,, right ,, i didn't know that ,,, coz i saw the last words telling me u r kidding and i kept quite coz i was seriour for the first time ,,,

I've nothing much tosay ,,, i think my friends said what i was gonna say . . . nothing left 4 me so far . . . . .

just feel free and be happy with the destiny ,,, Allah created you as a woman and u should be happy for that ignoring all the other aspects and feelings ,,, you will never turn into a Man ,,, whatever u do and however u try and think ,,,,,,,,

shyhem   

Xu

It ain't like we are runing around holding our d**k with one hand and a cigar with another.We do have feeling too and as men we are expected to move mountains too.Furthermore u wouldn't want to be figuring out what on earth a somali girl is thinking of,a calculas class will be a better option.So stay alady atleast for now.

sista! belive me, u dont wanna be a guy cuz then u will be responsible for a women!!

so u see, u is be back to square!! with moooo problems!!

at least now u only got 1 problem, i.e., being a women!!! :(

juba   

..holding our d**k with one hand and a cigar in the other

typical :rolleyes:

Xu

being a women does come with its responsibilites and at times it feels like the burden of the world is on our shoulders but that was how Allah made it to be and we can't do much but try our best to live. So cheer up because your strifes will be rewarded greatly in the afterlife.

quote:

----------------------------------------------- ..holding our d**k with one hand and a cigar in the other...

-------------------------------------------------

Few Men do that.It was out of context. :cool:

Xu,

Play still lady..Women are Women,Men are men.We both have apples.

Treat yourself with Dignity and respect.

Men will treat you with Smartness ever.

Black cat smile.gif

Jurnee   

Xu i completely understand where ur coming from. Its not about what allah has asked of women, its societies views on women thats contradicting. Ok for example, my parents want me to get an education, if they could have it their way they would want me get a medical degree...by the same token, i think they would start to get worried if i wasnt married by 26..now does that make sense? communities praise women who are highly educated but look down on women who work and raise their kids at the same time saying that she isnt a good wife or mother, another contradiction...it goes on and i dont know about everyone else but frankly im confused

I was about to post something useful(I think) and then I read this:

Play still lady..Women are Women,Men are men.We both have apples.

Treat yourself with Dignity and respect.

Men will treat you with Smartness ever.

Black cat

and I lost track of what I was thinking. Sorry, will try again some time.

We both have apples. Somebody explain that to me or I won't sleep tonight and I'll get in Santa's way. Maybe I'll ask him what that means.