Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Who gets your Vote: The greatest Somali

Following this discussion, i can sense that gediid hails from waqooyi galbeed.

we , as somalis are hopeless when we reject or accept arguments on the basis of our qabiil!

its indeed sad.

as for me, fighting gaalo has greater magnitude and importance than, and any claims against Sayid for having killed those who sided with the gaalo, by becoming spies, translators or guides.

Allah know the best.

AUN   

Dear Baashi,

Kaakici wadaadkii Jihad laguna kaalmee e

I disagree with your interpretation of the poem of the Great Mujahid Ismail Mire who was indeed the commander in cheif of the Dervish Army. This passage is from his famous poem RAGOW KIBIRKA WAA LAGU KUFAA in this passage he simply mentions a specific battle where Sayidka disagreed with the rest and as a result a fatal mistake happened which unfortunately costed the lives of many mujahids but in this he is no way implying that the Sayid has commited an intentional mistake

Wasalam

AUN   

Dear Gedid,

I think that the simple aim of this was to air who you believe is the greatest and simply air it instead of questioning opinions of other SOL users everyone has the intelect to think and decide who s/he thinks is the greatest

Ariadne   

I thought about this for a long time before it came down to only 3 people Xawo Tako, Ahmed Gurey and Araweilo

We're yet to witness the greatest Somali. There hasn't been any as far as I am concerned.

yep from my limited knowledge i agree with you there bro..........how can they be a GREAT Somali.......when we find ourselves where we are @ today.

Nop the great somali's that i no off are my Parents.

Jamster   

to relive history is like having an eternal window of what is to come. Without history there is no future. The dark straits of certain leaders should not overwhelm the rest shining and almost all illuminating body of wealth- Sayid Mohamed though had commited mistakes but as whole he was a man of integrity, sheer bravery and almost a man with great vision unfortunately he came rather early.

The half-truths of what our uncles tell us (uncles that are blinded nothing short of clannish bigotry) should not stray us from what it can reasonably be given the title of the first Somali state. The inception of the Darwish struggle was indeed the begging of Somalihood. Ahmed Gurey had achieved (relatively speaking, and quite debateble) victories that lasted quite sometime than that of Sayidka; Sayidka remains the pioneer of Somali State.

Without no hesitation and with clear vision Sayid's name is written on the same page of that Ahmed Gure though his name is written with bold letters.

Respectively,

Farah

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

for one reason or another each and every 1 of u have choosen your favorite,let me add mine without duplicationg,

1- SYL -Somali Youth League. Never forget these couregious Somalis.

2- Dr Abdirashid Shermarke (former slain somali Leader)

3- Sayid Mohamed Abdulle Hassan. Having said that it will be more applausing to include the current peace loving ppl too, wihout them we will be the lost generation.

And my Favorite over all. MY OWN MOM yes MY OWN MOM,who have raised 14 of us, how on earth no1 of u mention that.Loosers,LoL

c/salam

zaky---u must be reer bari to select those folks!lol! nothing wrong with that! mind you!! and hey any hooyo, who raised 14 kids must be #1 in any list! unlike xalimos today! i run into a tourist one the other nite, she told me that she was 33 and get this! has no kids, no farah!!!lol!! i told her, listen heya sweetie---(said it in a loud voice) you clock is ticketing! she said what! i said never mind! and split the scene!!!

:eek: