Sign in to follow this  
lol

From personal experience!

Qac Qaac   

Jewel, u made me laugh really, i don't even see why i have to waste my time, with some one who talks like this,

abaydiis raali ahoow, macsalaama, meeshaad rabtid ka dhac, ga' lee naga siiso ok.

lol   

Rudy :D : You know, its really sad that most folks especially typical somalis, tend to judge people based on their observations. SOrry hon, I got no peeve with my somali kings, I love them. If I hated them so much, I won't complain, I would just extend my hand to the next foreign chap I see. But I am not doing that am I? I am still stuck with my Faarax coz I know deep down inside, THEY RULE .

I did write alot of positive things about my brothers but this experience of mine was to designed to get me answers as to why men r intimidated not rage into another of the gender battles...

Next time inshallah I write I will definitely give u guys the credits you deserve...Regardless of buluqbuluq u guys are...we love you, and its ur love that forces us in making you perfect... we want women of other nationalities feel jealous of our faaraxs ;)

BTW the Xalimo u were taking out, u did it coz she appealed to u, and that u have ur agendas so don't make it sound like u r doing a humantarian work... u r not u selfish prick!

king_450   

The only thread that i see the somali ppl ,literally talk to each other is , when one criticize another somali for no reason at all. Here is my problem if you don't agree or like a Somali Men or for that mater a Somali women, then don't talk about it, go ahead and find your mr/mrs right, whether it will be a Negro or whitties or brownies or greenies,but plz don't justify your wanting to date another gender by criticizing one another, just go ahead and do it,and stop this hatred toward each of you.Hibo i take my hat off for you, i wish we have many women like you in our society today,ppl like you are giving me hope to justify my love toward my ppl.

Paragon   

Hibo :D I know you mean good and for that reason, I thank you. Criticisms only help us see things from a different angle. Laakiin, my question to you is: is it really the intellect that intimidates a man or could it be the atitude with which a girl displays her intellectuality that puts off a man?

lol   

Jamal: I changed my attitude alot sweetie, NADA....Nothing ZIP...I dunno, that is why I am here seeking answers. Majority of the folks that know me, know that I am sweet and nice, but definitely outspoken....maybe my outspokenness scares them off, I dunno, that is part of my individuality.. u see a friend of mine once told me, don't accept the person, accept the package, u follow my drift... So we shall wait!

dawoco   

Hibo, abaayo i think you have innocently started a 3rd world war...Many are taking your words out of context and are judging one another subjectively.

As for you intimidating a faarax, perhaps the faaraxs in question have different characteristics than you. Maybe they are too shy, lost for words because of you. Or maybe the setting is wrong....You know, i might go as far as suggest that they may be experiencng a stressful day and it's just a fluke...Whatever the case may be, no one can deside why an individual reacts the way he/she does. I don't think that any man would be intimidated by a beautiful, outspoken and intelligent sister if the calaf was there. It would add to her attractions rather than make her unwanted. So perhaps you haven't come across that special faarax that would steal all of your rational and intellectual thoughts yet. Personality is not defected by education and neither is it furtherly attributed by it.

So sister, i'm sure that when the right faarax on the yellow geel comes allong, all those other ones on the dameers will fade in oblivion....Untill then, you can always sharpen your wits on those faaraxs around.

As for all of those brothers and sisters who have started the whole she said/he said business...Remember that we have all been brought up by hooyos who raised us a certain way with certain principles, and because of this we have more in common and shouldn't be arguing....

As for the whole chauvinist/housewife attacks. I don't think that any woman, no matter how "westernized", will want to neglect her home once she is settles with a husband and children. And if she's educated, it will benefit her children as she can give them her knowledge. The same thing goes for men. As soon as our men have settled, they tend to be more family orientated that carreer driven. There are some bad apples like in all other societies. But in the end, we will all have the same homes that our hooyos and aabos had insha allah......I don't know about you, but that is something that i would strife for....

hibo "self prick"! ouch! i wont stoop down as low as u did, sista! all i can tell u is, there u go again! i guess u can take to mule to the water but u cant make it drink!! god bless sista!

for the xalimo in question! she sitting her home relaxing after a nite of r&r! walaahi, i did it pure walaal tiinimo! i wish u go do the same once in your life time, instead of slinging mud at your brothers! voila! peace hibo!

Paragon   

Hibo...when you change your atitude, how do you change? Do you switch from one atitude to another in fifth gear or you make the change fade in un-noticably and catch a faarax off-guard? ;)

But I got your drift....

lol   

Dawaco: u are absolutely right sister, but while waiting for that prince charming don't u think we ought to question our fate?

Rudy: "Barasho horteed ha i nicin"... now coming back to your comment, " Do this once in your lifetime" sweetie I did it million times over...but you said yourself, you would demand more in the future... now that is not what I call "Pure walaaltinimo"...

Jamal: I won't say that, my attitude has never been an issue with anyone trust me... I am miss down-to-earth... ask my school mates in SOL...They will tell you, won't ya?

As for me, like Dawaco said, I will wait around and use my fools on the donkeys as a bait for the better half... :D

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Hibo:

Rudy
:D
: You know, its really sad that most folks especially typical somalis, tend to judge people based on their observations. SOrry hon, I got no peeve with my somali kings, I love them. If I hated them so much, I won't complain, I would just extend my hand to the next foreign chap I see. But I am not doing that am I? I am still stuck with my Faarax coz I know deep down inside,
THEY RULE

I did write alot of positive things about my brothers but this experience of mine was to designed to get me answers as to why men r intimidated not rage into another of the gender battles...

Next time inshallah I write I will definitely give u guys the credits you deserve...Regardless of buluqbuluq u guys are...we love you, and its ur love that forces us in making you perfect... we want women of other nationalities feel jealous of our faaraxs
;)

Thank you so much Hibo.. you truly is a queen and should be treated as such.. I wish the rest of the SOL ladies be as blunt and upfront as you are…

Much respect walaashiiis..

u r not u selfish prick!

Hibo,

That's was uncalled for sis. I dont think Rudy deserved it. Lets not get personal now...

Dawaco,

When did you get so wise darling? That was well said.

Underdog

Come on now, Bee, That's a SERIOUS allegation. If I hated you ladies I wouldn't spend all this time here...so go see shayma about that chill pill.

*waves white flag and chill pill*

Owight owight...since Shayma was nice enough to share her some of her pills with me, I shall take your word for it.

x_quizit   

Hello Hibo, great q.

Many ppl here have pretty much said what was on my mind already but just wanted to add a lil' bit.

Anyone who is intimidated by an educated sista or one who has a career in mind she might like to follow, it just might be that it may not coincide with the lifestyle the men are thinking for themselves. If they want a stay at home mom/wife, obviously a working woman isn't their first choice. They have that prerogative to choose what mate they would like, but so do you. The right person for you would accept u the way u are, not want to mold you into something you are not and that is something you have control over.

From the male friends i have, maybe a couple would rather have a stay at home partner and that is up to them if that is what their partner wants as well, but majority want a working wife since the reality of the world we live in doesn't afford them the kinda money and security they would want to give to their wives. And when kids come into the picture, again the majority feel that it is wise for the wife to be home the first yr or 2 but that they wouldnt mind them getting back into the working world, again depending on their salary. So it all comes down to the person each of us chooses and untimately we would have to live with whatever lifestyle we all choose.

Peace

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

What is the point of these debates, if ya'll arn't even hearing each other?

*walks out of thread singing*

Ragu naago jecelaa

dumarkuna u roona

hadana diiq dagaal

iyo colaad raagta badanaa

kolna wey is reebaan

kolna wey is raadhsaan

dhan ma isu racaan?

redface.gifredface.gif

lol I was listening to that song yesterday, walee waa runtaa laakiin that song speaks volumes.

lool@ Bee ma dearest, I shall bring it to you personally, with a bottle of Oasis to bring you back to your old self :D

lol   

Bee: Did anyone ever tell you, you got sticky nose??? :rolleyes: My brotha rudy and I have an understanding... Don't we Rudy??

Darman: They all are sweetie, none is willing to admit... they will come around don't worry...

P:S Bee I hope you didn't take my lil "dacaaya" seriously did ya?