Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Writing a book

Aaliyyah   

Writing a book isn't one of my aspirations. But, we all have different goals passions and I pray Allah swt helps us in our struggle and dedication to realize them.

As for writing on a typewriter being romantic lol hmm never thought of that - from there you can see you were born to write. As they say do what you love and you won't work a day in your life.

Wadani   

I would definitely buy any book published by a Soler, just make sure i can find it on Amazon Kindle, as suggested by Chimera. I recently got one, and i've been reading voraciously ever since.

Ibtisam   

So for the next year I am going to write four journal articles to be published in English and Swiss official languages German, French and Italian (the publisher is Swiss) on Somaliland and development issues. Also possible that they will also publish my book (they like the one chapter they've seen) (which means I must make time to write all the other chapters. yiiiks) Breath pheeeew. After reading their e-mail, I am now panicking- maxaa ii geyeh.Yiiiks.

Chimera   

^Exciting times Ibti, go for it! One tip I would give you is to write between 8am and 11am, every morning, because that's the magic window when your creative juices are at their max.

Ibtisam   

I'm working like 10 different jobs by 8am-11am. Everything in Somaliland shuts down 12- so morning hours are like gold to get things done! lol

I am banking on late night and early mornings (4am-6am).

Congrats Ibtisam!!!

May Allah swt make it easy for you and your book a success inshaAllah! I think I'm speaking for many a SOLer when I say we're rooting for you. Also much success with your journal articles.