Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The SOL Af-Somali Battle

NGONGE   

Little girls can't be yummy?

Just because you have a disturbed mind, it does not mean that we all do. I'll have you know that I am respectful pervert. I don’t leer at little girls. I wait for them to grow up first.

Nephissa   

Baby steps..baby steps, yaa Norf. Start with short sentences and words. Asking Stoic to translate these stories to Somali is to expect a crippled man with the lower half of each leg dragging behind him to bounce around and shoot hoops.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Baby steps..baby steps, yaa Norf. Start with short sentences and words. Asking Stoic to translate these stories to Somali is to expect a crippled man with the lower half of each leg dragging behind him to bounce around and shoot hoops.

They have a week to do it in. A paragraph a day is no big task.

North,i think it would be better to start with a paragraph for each person then you can increase by the day. One week is even too long, one paragraph for one day ,, enough no ??

Ms DD   

That is tough homework North. Ceeb caleek for telling everyone grown men cant write...tut tut tut

Can I wish everyone luck smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

People like KK, Rudy, Ayoub, Lander, Malika and, even my dear ayeeyo, would struggle in writing a proper translation to these stories.

Iskuus me? Maxaa tiri? I'll have you know 'qaamuusyo' inaa aniga qorijiray waagaan yaraayoo gabadha ahaa...Don't let my Somali writing style on SOL fool you!!! :D

Let's not forget Cadaan .....

JB, Cadaan dadka qaarkood 'xuf' uukudhaafaa see camal adi?

Malika wale waa igambatay stoic iyo ibtisaam xertooda aan kuheestay

Afro, ar maya maya maya, weykuu beenguurtay... Malika runta sheeg yaa kula caawiyay sheekadaas? icon_razz.gif

I'll have you know that I am respectful pervert. I don’t leer at little girls. I wait for them to grow up first.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...I really really loooooled on this one!!! Wax waalan...

AYOUB   

Ngonge

Is that my name between Rudy and Lander? You silly basal-eater! With the help of several dictionaries in my possession, i'm years ahead of this "mind your language" class. ;) Stop the excuses and finish your assignment...

Btw, as of now i'm joining the gang who take the piss at your pigeon somali. smile.gif

this assignment is difficult even for fluent speakers/writers.I have a problem with translations to/from any language, I can understand perfectly in 2 or 3 but i cannot translate well.

A distinction needs to be made, what would satisfy the rules for this battle:

a) finding the closest match for every word in Somali

b)conveying the meaning of the story without leaving out any details.

And finally since this is a competition it will not be complete without Bets, so for the Somali heavyweights put in your wagers.

Som@li   

These translation assignments look a piece of cake; icon_razz.gif with some translating skills in the past, any1 having difficulties can Pm me the story along with Credit card details. :D;)

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

And finally since this is a competition it will not be complete without Bets, so for the Somali heavyweights put in your wagers.

I am willing to bet every Somali word I know on Cadaan, wuu qardadamsandoonaa ufiirsada...

Go Cadaan!!! Go Cadaan!!! Qardadamso! Qoorsagaaree! :D

Kool_Kat   

^Adiga naftirkaa maxaa isku heysaa? Bootada dhaaf...

Ar Adam Z ee iloobeen...How dare they? :mad:

Adaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, isqariska kasoo bax, isasoo bandhig meesha!!!