Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Need your Sponsorship!

N.O.R.F   

^^why do you want to get your money back Rudy? Its called sadaqa ie charity. I cant set up an organisation in this place. It would take forever. It has taken 4 months just to get my work permit (working on tourist visa before that).

I will IA send the account details of both organisations via email once you email me first. It is then upto the individual to do what he/she said they would. It would be good to see the faces of those treasury people at the two organisations. I can see him/her ask, who is Rudy in LA :D

honestly, i need 2 to see the orgs info first.. no hard feelings. idont wanna sponsor ppl who will stab me in the back..if u know what i mean. its just common sense.

i give a very large sadags to uncle sam every yr, but he will pay me back if i show him my kindiness which is a win win situation, if u ask me. and this way, i can u give more.

so gimme the 411 so i can donate before the end of this month..holla back!

N.O.R.F   

Dear Hebel Hebel

>

>The Dubai Marathon Office would like to confirm your entry for the Standard

>Chartered Dubai Marathon – 10 KM- to be held on Friday January 12th, 2007

>starting and finishing at the Dubai World Trade Centre.

>

>The run number allocated to you is: ****.

>

>Run number collection will take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre HALL

>8 on:

>

>

>January 10th(9.00am-7.00pm)

>January 11th(9.00am-4.00pm)

>

>

>Please bring this confirmation and valid identification in order to collect

>your run number.

N.O.R.F   

My training has been on and off. I plan a run/walk/run/walk strategy :D

Looking forward to it!

sponsor-a-brother@hotmail.co.uk

come on people make someone's life that little bit easier/better. Silent readers welcome!

thanks to those who have emailed, dig deep now

N.O.R.F   

Dear Athlete,

This year the Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon will be timed using the ChampionChip timing system from Mika Timing GmbH in Germany.

It is very important to note that you must wear the chip on your shoe to get a time for the Full Marathon and the 10km Road Race.

You must also wear the chip correctly as described on the flyer in your race pack. Please read it carefully.

You will receive your chip with your race pack when you collect your race pack at the Dubai World Trade Centre.

On completion of the race, the chip will be removed from your shoe after you have gone through the finishing channel.

If you do not finish the race you must return the chip to the organisers. Otherwise you will be charged for the chip.

The chips are not cheap (20 USD) so please make sure the chip is returned to the organisers whether you finish the race or not.

After the race you will be able to get your personal race time from the Dubai Marathon website when you have worn your ChampionChip correctly throughout the whole race from the start line to the finish line.

No Chip, No Time!

Thank you for your co-operation.

N.O.R.F   

I have given myself two hours to finish. I am no where near as prepared as i wanted to be (too many distractions) but no pain not gain.

besides it will be an enjoyable walk :D

N.O.R.F   

Ran 3km in 20 mins xalayto. Then decided to play basketball. Pulled my calf in the process. :rolleyes:

Hope i can make it to the finish line!

LANDER   

^I'm glad u choose the school for the blind, there was a fundraiser not so long ago for it in Toronto and I unfortunately wasn't in town for it. Btw I didn't know you brit kids played pick up ball. I was in east london couple yrs back I must say the native brits were not great at all, the only good players were spaniards and immigrants from the balkans. Must explain why u pulled a calf so quickly, stick to football mate :D

N.O.R.F   

^^lol

Thats East London saxib, they are not known for their sporting acalades. I'm a Northerner who is handy at all sports including BBall. I must have drained 4 or 5 Js.

We had a team made of Arabs - Somali, Yemeni, Filastini and a Masri with one Filipino to make 5. We lost 16 to 14 to an Indian team. I pulled up at the end.

Will post details of both the school and uni accounts. Still waiting on a burcaawi to send me acc details :rolleyes:

Intel   

Originally posted by Northerner Al Burcaawi:

We had a team made of Arabs - Somali, Yemeni, Filastini and a Masri with one Filipino to make 5. We lost
to
to an Indian team. I pulled up at the end.

basketball innit.. very low scores

or isit street bball

north how many participants there will be in the marathon?

N.O.R.F   

Streetball saxib, single points, first to 15 (two clear) i must have commited about 10 fouls lol

Not sure how many people will be running but its created a buzz on the radio shows. Sounds like everyone is not prepared just like myself.

7am start :(

Ibtisam   

HOw many days left to go??? Don't look so sad, 7am start is in your favour, that is when your body is at its best, got rid of all the waste while you were sleeping and you have more energy. Imagine if it was like 7pm, you would spend the whole stressing by the time 7pm comes you would be exhausted from all the worrying and last min training :D