Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Vacation gone bad

Baashi   

Northerner I know i should have called you. My friends were too busy to lend me a hand. However, I lost ur digits.

Moving to Dubai. Yes with right offer. In other words, yes but only if I get a family status.

The weather was phenomenal. It is not like that in all seasons I was told.

Yeah no one can miss the Athaan. Man! even the mall has a masjid...what a place.

N.O.R.F   

Dabshid, will be glad to mee up IA. You dont have a day off? Banks :rolleyes:

Baashi, glad you liked the place. The weather has been good (its that time of year) and its been raining this week alxamdullilah. But the heat in the summer can be a little bit too much. Its a matter of staying in doors as much as possible but you get used to it.

I'm sure you can negotiate something (family status) but just make sure any allowances they give for school kids is sufficient ie that your not paying on top of that for the little one(s) to go to a decent school. Same with housing, healthcare etc.

Let me know how it goes IA.

Garaad Baashoow, war waxaad sheegaysoo dhan waa kheyr iyo wanaag. Dubai mar hadaad tagtay oo xaaskiina soo aragtay, ninyahow adigaa nasiib wacan. :D:D

In Dubai, construction cranes seem to be abundant and loom above every "luuq". Manahsalah, that city will probably turn into a "skyscraper paradise" in short 5 years.

33419520444.jpg

Sophist   

I might be heading there (not moving there as of yet) last week of December---.

Bashe old boy, don't tell me you went through london and did not bother to give me a ding!!!?

The rumour has it (according to top brass in the international real state market) in 5 years the whole thing will collapse. You can sustain an economy without human capital-- the place is a transient city; everyone out there to make a quick buck and move back to whereever the hell they consider home.

LST: Xaaji ayaantaan ragu waa kala lumey; sent me a private msg with your office and home number and I will give you a ding.

Be well.

N.O.R.F   

Ya Sophist

A sustainable economy will be the result. More in banking, finance, legal on top of the oil/gas sector. The construction boom will last anoth 10-15 years. A Hong Kong/Singapore type of place will be the result.

My xaafad is not even on the map :confused:

Sophist   

North; I am glad you are enjoying your time in dabey and adopted the lingo Ya being hey!!

I hope that will be the case as I am hoping to make a transient abode there (waa hadii uu sahanku hagaago); almost all the human capital (legal, finance, contruction) are expats mate.

Dubai should come up with some sort of skilled citizenship giving; this will help them enormously.

Be well.

PS: Might meet up for a Shiisha in the desert man.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Baashi...I couldn't help but laugh..is that the place you were encouraging me to go my brother? lol but unlike you i will never go with my madam as i only know too well how women love their Dahab and being Gacan Adeeg..i wont pay TAANO for shopping extravaganza..that is plain LACAG KU CIYAAR after all we haven't won the lottery.

Yicaal Sikyaamo am goojaan sheemta yimaa? dahee goojaan xamee yahaan? bagadha Lawaashey gooxaa ray oo reer Sikyaamo aa Shrajah gooje ee riti..xaw am ra'agtay weli? call me paranoid but somehow i don't trust plastics (Credit Cards)i never had one and never will and every time they try to talk me into it i decline..(I have my own reasons).

I will get you adaresska Lawaashey in Sharjah and pay her a visit Insha Allah..who knows she might make you one of our good old Kismayo dish.. i know la dahal camalinkaas ni'ta ha miaado ee hedhee...Women...what can you do?

Brother I wish you all the best Insha Allah and pass my regards to my Dumaashi..Take Care.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Things are looking up :cool:

07_ae_bus_stop01_4.jpg

Commuters wait for a bus at the air-conditioned shelter in Jumeirah.

First air-conditioned bus shelter opens

By Ashfaq Ahmed, Staff Reporter

Dubai: The Dubai government is revamping its public transport system to provide a near door-to-door connection through its buses, said a senior official.

"We are spending Dh1 billion to improve our public bus transport system as part of our transport master plan," said Mohammad Obaid Al Mulla, Chief Executive Officer of the Public Transport Agency at the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).

Al Mulla told reporters after inaugurating the first air-conditioned bus shelter in the world, that about 1,800 hi-tech buses would be included in the public bus fleet in the next three years while the existing 500 buses would also be gradually replaced.

The buses will include double-deckers and articulated (long) buses with higher passenger capacity. "There will be more routes and more bus stops around the city," he said. There will be more than 1,000 buses operational in Dubai by the end of next year.

He said the new buses will have higher security with cameras and other electronic gadgets to monitor movement of buses and passengers.

To ensure that buses reach on time and observe the timetable, Al Mulla said, the RTA is working on a plan to have priority right of way on some roads (dedicated bus lanes) in congested areas.

"We are working on a plan to integrate the bus service with the Metro and water transport because without doing this, we cannot have an effective public transport system," he said.

"All these steps are being taken to encourage people belonging to all classes to use the public transport system," he said.

Mehdi Ali, Director of the Public Bus Department at the RTA, said the agency would introduce automated fare collection system replacing the existing ticket system.

"We will introduce an electronic card which will be available at vending machines at bus stations, shopping malls, petrol stations and even online," he said.

:cool:

Abwaan   

Thnx for Sharing it with us Baashi, hope u don't give up on holidays to Dubai now. Why not try again and hopefully it will be better one sxb.

Baashi report back..report back plz

Im waiting for the pics and the rest of what "UAE" might have for us instore. Bring the rest of the story mate.

My comment will be saved for the upcoming and most exciting parts of the report.

Baashi   

Got no time akhyaarta. I'll come back to this thread Insha'Allah...one of these days.

Biz report is in order. I'll write up one based on lil I found out about biz prospects on that trip Insha'Allah.