Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

What to do When i reach back home!

hodman   

Originally posted by Mujaahid: Red Sea:

^Adigu walale ina dhawaan ba noqonaysaa?

Ibtisam,

North,

JB

Jaylaani iyo anigu waan tagaynaa, adna bal iskeen, aan isla cashaynee Insha Allah.
smile.gif

Only if the casho is at Maansoor :D ayaan noqoqnayaa I mish beutiful Hargeisa but it can get a bit boring sometimes. North have you been there lately mise casiirka ayaad iska cabaysaa

RedSea   

^I never eaten there,but if it is good why not. I always like to try new places.

I was thinking more of like hargeysa club and saba xareed, etc...

BTW. I think you have been with the wrong crowd to think that Hargeysa can be boring. I am telling you if you go with a group like this, you would have a blast. We wouldnt' just be stuck at Hargeysa, but would go to the beaches in Berbera, as well as far as Zeylac. We would also see other areas and cities like Ceerigabo, etc...

Ibtisam, It looks like NGO is the word of advice, does that suit you in your opinion?

North, anigu Hilibka iskuma fiicnin, laakin xagaas iyo Suldaanka ujiid, rerahaas ayaa lagu xantaa in ay balaayo ku hayaan eh. :D

hargeeysa! good luck! loool... u be back in six months. Basically, every person that i know who moved back to africa, came back and started from scratch again!!

i dont think this place is ready for action! holla ! but good luck though...!

Ibtisam   

Thanks Everyone for all your suggestions (excluding BOB smile.gif ) what the hell!

Xalimopatra please do and thanks.

For those who has suggested NGO's. I have to agree with Lily, from my experience in working with NGO's they are part of the problem a lot of the time (the do obviously provide some much needed health service). On the whole they consist of few people who want to help and many others who want to make a difference. Also i find it uncomfortable earning money from an organisations that is there to "better people" i don't mind helping out but not as a JOb!.

Lily Medicine? hmm that’s kind of like playing with people's life, side effects, affectivity, even taking something as simple are Paracetamol can be problematic. Also i am sure there must be some regulations in exporting medicine.

North: a Cloth Factory... hmmm,

C. Lady: hello smile.gif and I don't need insurance in to go to my own home.

Red Sea:

That the Somali bit is too long and complicated but I did read the last two sentences and the first! :D

I think setting up a community center in one of the neighborhoods would be a great idea. The center would serve youth, elderly and all sorts of persons. Educating people on many health issues, educational needs

I wAS thinking that, which means I will have to build a centre before I go their, and that requires more than one person to run, qualified people, and since I don't know one soul in Somalia, and they don't have a recruitment agency, how on earth will I find these people :(

Hodman, thanks; lol, Garaad sorry I did not understand you silent message smile.gif rudy I’ll assume you were saying Good luck, you are doing the right thing! :D thanks

BOB   

Red Sea....You know, you remind me of Qabyo 2 when Maxamuud is changed into Mike...I'm not Brown...there's another brother here who is known as Brown..a good brother for that matter and I'm B0B....as ala Robert Mugabe and not BOB Marley ;) ...I never liked Reggae even in the ancient times when i used to listen to Music.

You want me to apologize for giving the sister the best advice i have ever given to any one in SOL?

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Thanks Everyone for all your suggestions (excluding BOB
smile.gif
) what the hell!

and here i was expecting Probs for giving you the best advice but i guess that's what happens when you set your expectations too high :( .

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

I made a mistake sister!
:D

There...Happy now? but please explain what sort of a mistake i made so i wont repeat in the future Insha Allah?

Peace, Love & Unity.

Mowgli   

Importing medical equipment or medicine itself is a very good idea. From the little I know about hospitals in Hargeysa, they usually travel to arabta themselves where they buy supplies. Of course every drug has side effects, but as long as you ain't buying from dodgy companies that are selling "paracitamol", and are supplying doctors or hospitals directly, you should be good to go.

NGONGE   

Set up an animal sanctuary and look after all the stray dogs and cats. I’m pretty sure someone can finance you. I mean, be honest now, who is looking about the poor cats and dogs of Hargeisa?

hodman   

^^ Ngonge if u see how many stray dogs roam about in Hargeisa u'd be surprised!

Red Hargeisa club is for Fadhi ku dirir odayaal Mansoor is where its at :cool:

Ibtisam Whatever you decide to do let us know how things go and keep in touch. PM me if you need to vent if they get on your last nerve :D As a Sijui who lived in Hargeisa I might know how u feel :D Red That is NOT a criticism of Hargeisa!

Ibtisam   

BOB no I’m not happy, you quoted me, rather than saying it yourself dear smile.gif

idil I hear you girl, maybe...

NGONGE: maaxaad kuu haadshi?? I’m scared of anything that moves other than Humans (and even some humans too) :D How I’m going to live in Somalia?? I don't know, maybe I’ll makes friends with all the animals! smile.gif

Hodman I will, sounds like I'm your replacement there, hopefully I won't run into all the problems you run into :D

nuune   

Ibtisaam, good luck, I guess no one mentioned, you could have your own recycling company, just imagine how much waste and rubbsih is out there, I have been to Hargeisa in 2004, and you can't imagine the loads of waste that is scattered through smaller bridges, streets and lakes.

That would be great idea to recycle everything and use it again, you are being friendly to the environment and at the same time making money.

hodman   

Yeah u will be my replacement! And at least I'll be a big sis to you and tell you what to do & how to get your own back if they get to you. Oh! the stories I could tell about that place! So many ups and downs but it was hilarious at times. One thing you have to share is your first experience grocery shopping! :D

Ibtisam   

^^^ You are female? are you kidding me?? loooooooooooool. In that case i don't you should meet Red sea anywhere dear :D (sorry RED)lool This is so funny! By the way what happens at the grocery stores??